Sign in to follow this  
Rigel

Lord of Those who are Proud: Nolzur's Efreet

Fantastic skirt! And yes, he clearly needed wings because if you had not told me, I would not know it didn't come that way .

• Thanks 1

On 10/26/2020 at 4:14 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Great job!

On 10/26/2020 at 4:18 PM, Hibou said:

The skirt looks amazing.  

Thank you! I enjoyed it.

On 10/26/2020 at 1:01 PM, Iridil said:

Fantastic skirt! And yes, he clearly needed wings because if you had not told me, I would not know it didn't come that way .

Yayy! I have succeeded then! (Really does look better with wings, imo.) 

On 10/27/2020 at 1:39 AM, deathly halliwell said:

Wow, looks great! Would not have expected such a size difference with reaper's efreeti, he looks so wimpy!

Oh, he's a big boi by tabletop standards, at the very small end of Large or the very large end of Medium size. About 8 or 9 foot in scale...but yes, Ziba makes him look undernourished! She's a VERY imposing figure.

• Like 4

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      Brothers Roberto (03561) and Louis IV (02087) are excellent sculpts suitable for multiple time periods. I've painted a couple of Nuns With Guns and a couple of priests, but not a bishop or a cardinal!

"Your Exellency, I apologize for the short notice. It's worse than we had thought."

"You are forgiven, Bishop. Is it the old Priory at St. Wulfstan's?"

"Indeed. The Creature has at last gotten loose from the bindings put down in 947 and broken through the 16th-century salt rings."

"God in Heaven. I had prayed those wards would outlast me. We knew this day would come."

"Mercifully, we have one of our best men on the scene. God willing he can contain the beast until the rest of the team arrives."

Father Sweeny, again from Artizan's 'Thrilling Tales' line, had better be a man of strong faith and iron will.

The Beast, ornery after centuries of durance :

Hold the line...

(Guest appearances by Fr. Thomas, Sr. Maria, Order of St. George Nun, and Fra Ximenez from Black Cat.)

• By Nial ap Morai
      Tried to paint the Griffon to look like Buckbeak (a hippogriff I could not locate) for a friend’s HP diorama. 

• By ksbsnowowl
      My cousin came over to paint a Bones mini I had laying around to be his new (temporary?) character, as he was slain at the end of the last session.  I decided to pull out the Nolzur’s Grick pack to paint something easy while half entertaining him. 

I just used two colors so far, Vallejo Green Brown for the belly and sucker “underside” of its face tentacles, and Reaper Troll Hide, both thinned 1:1 with Vallejo Thinner Medium, and a damp brush. Both colors went onto the smaller Grick like butter, and produced a wonderfully highlighted and shaded effect on their own. 

Sadly I got interrupted by life, and the paint was drying well out by the time I got back (I had put my palette in a ziplock bag, but still...) so I just used the VMC Green Brown that remained to touch up the smaller one, and start on the large one. I also mixed up a small bit of the Troll Hide again, to touch up a few remaining spots on the smaller aberration. But I’m beat, so enough painting for tonight. 

Going forward I plan to do the beak with Reaper Coal Black, which I’ve not had opportunity to make use of, yet. Plus I’ll put some Citadel Screamer Pink in for the mucosa of the mouth. 

Since the paint was acting so wonderfully as a wash, any spots I had to touch back up that resulted in darker splotches, I just mirrored on the opposite side, making that part of his skin pattern. I’m quite pleased with how it’s turning out, and it was ridiculously easy for a great tabletop standard. I need to do more monsters like this. 
    • By MoonglowMinis
      Hi folks.  I've got plenty of minis painted from the last two years to slowly share with you all.  Here we have the D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures Human Druid 73390.  I was in need of a Firbolg Monk for my party, and Nolzur's had yet to release any of their firbolg models.  Since the character would be traversing a frigid wasteland, I also wanted to find a character who was properly clothed - no sleeveless/shirtless monks for me.  I settled on this character because he was properly rangery and most importantly - bearded.

I chopped off his sword and the antlers on his back, glued a toothpick to his empty hand, sculpted some acceptable ears using green stuff and gave him some paint.  I really like how it turned out and it managed to feel like the perfect blend between monk and naturalist.

Though i must admit, his face is a bit muppety.

More Photos Below the Spoiler:

Pau, is a Firbolg from the tribes of Frostrun. He set out on a pilgrimage like many Firbolg do, and found himself at a monastery to the south, at the edge of the Frost.  The monastery, besides providing shelter to the wary traveler, depicted a statue of Firbolg.  Pau took this as a sign and spent several years training in the way of the Four Elements.  Armed with this new power, Pau has set back out to the North to return home and restore order to Frostrun.

Check out the rest of the Frostrun project HERE.

What kind of conversions have you done to make the perfect character?
    • By Rigel
      Slaad from Nolzur's. Blue and Green painted in their normal colors; Death and Gray panted in red and black. 
      Not just for fantasy; also make good spacemonsters and post-apocalyptic mutant/invaders, as shown here.

• Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)