I just received some of the new releases from this month; the witch coven, the Scarecrow, headless man, etc. 

Noticed that - particularly with the witch conven - there's some... granulated texture on the metal: I don't remember this being noticeable on other metal Reaper miniatures. It's a premature question, as until I prime and start painting I won't be totally sure if this... granulation is just visible with no real effect, or it gives it a rough texture. 

Do you know if Reaper has changed its metal "formula"? is it something I could/should be worried about before painting? 

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, NyarlaBcn said:

I just received some of the new releases from this month; the witch coven, the Scarecrow, headless man, etc. 

Noticed that - particularly with the witch conven - there's some... granulated texture on the metal: I don't remember this being noticeable on other metal Reaper miniatures. It's a premature question, as until I prime and start painting I won't be totally sure if this... granulation is just visible with no real effect, or it gives it a rough texture. 

Do you know if Reaper has changed its metal "formula"? is it something I could/should be worried about before painting? 

It is something that does happen from time to time in casts.  I'd contact Reaper for a replacement if it is noticeable after priming.

• Thanks 1
  • Super Administrators

Yes I worked in casting for 7 years, this sounds like a heat pitting issue, i would expect it on the cauldron. As it is a hunk and solid, the metal sits in that area for a longer time and starts to heat itself up, and after many casts in a row maybe the mold was to hot. If you have any issues, like Talespinner said just contact [email protected] :) @NyarlaBcn

• Like 1