Blacklist Games : Dire Alliance Horror Game and Miniatures

2 hours ago, ksbsnowowl said:

I had a moment of inspiration, and realized my buddy (former player, now new DM; moved to the other side of the city), who was primarily backing to get the Fantasy Series 1 mini’s, is similarly disappointed in the Horror Series 1 set, for the same reasons. Well, I proposed splitting a set with him, and he found that amenable.

That sounds like a great idea. :D

1 hour ago, ced1106 said:

I guess the mistake, or poor design choice, was to have mobs of characters that are considered unique in Gothic Horror (eg. hypnotists). 

Yeah, without a doubt.

1 hour ago, ksbsnowowl said:

Two butchers will be great. Paint one in a crisp, clean apron. The other, paint the same way, but spattered with blood. But what am I going to do with five butchers?

That's a good idea! Might actually do that, myself!

• Like 1
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey guys! So in regards to this: the three projects we "haven't delivered" are all in various stages, one of which is currently delivering to backers, the other two on schedule for delivery: - A

That $240k stretch goal unlocked on Day 6. Then the bleeding began, and we never got that high again. But once it’s unlocked, it’s unlocked.    Blacklist actually said in the comments that the

Right and while we wait for final GLOB renders (everyone gets Glob stuff for FREE in our capaign), this is a reminder of what we consider "HUGE":  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Guyra said:

Well, the KS is now over. It ended at $237,345. The stretch goal at 240k says it was unlocked, so I'm thinking some backers probably backed out.

That $240k stretch goal unlocked on Day 6. Then the bleeding began, and we never got that high again. But once it’s unlocked, it’s unlocked. 

Blacklist actually said in the comments that the funding loss has made their margin really thin. (Admittedly, funding was somewhere around $233k when they said that; hopefully $4k more will help them keep the project in the black.)

More than anything, I hope BLG gives this project a deep, hard look, and identifies where they needed to improve, so their future campaigns don’t suffer the same stagnant fate. I have my opinions on where and how they misstepped (formed from evidence based on my own desires/disappointments, and those of friends and fellow backers who were similarly disappointed), and I have voiced them, here and elsewhere. 

I had high hopes for this campaign. Blacklist Games didn’t deliver. It was disappointing.

All we can hope for is that BLG listens, learns, and improves going forward. 

Edited by ksbsnowowl
  • Like 5

I added the altar quest as an add on for their fantasy mini KS. The Altar Quest stuff arrived yesterday. Quick look they appear to be nice minis....of course I didn’t have my glasses on at the time. This one looked interesting, I can’t believe I actually said that :down:)

2 hours ago, animesensei said:

Also, with Altar Quest so close to delivery, it would have done them favors to wait until delivery was complete before launching.  They had too many kickstarters in process; lots of people will simply not back for that very reason.  They needed a track record.

I backed their fantasy series 1 because it had enough duplicates that would be beneficial to me to be worth it; clearly based on the mathematical differences between that campaign, and this one, I was in with a majority that agreed. 

I also agree that having some kind of track record before this launched would have helped enable some better success. AQ is just now delivering. 

At days end a ‘deal’ is only ‘good’ if it’s also something you feel like you want or need in abundance. There just weren’t enough of those in this KS to get me to pull the trigger. I wasn’t even tempted. 

• Like 4

I also backed Fantasy and wasn't tempted by Horror at all. Not super thrilled with the duplicates of bandits and similar stuff in Fantasy either, but at least I see the point. 5 butchers just seems pointless outside of the specific game sold with it.

Don't know if they had great stuff planned but didn't get there due to lack of SGs unlocked. Horror is in itself more niche as well and if I'm not mistaken they already have stuff like Vampires, Werewolves and common Undead types between Fantasy 1 and Altar Quest (therefore satisfying the need for the Fantasy RPG/Horror crossovers that happen more frequently).

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
On 11/17/2020 at 3:51 PM, Guyra said:

They're still going for the last two stretch goals. If they can get the funding for those during the pledge manager, we'll get another 17 miniatures. :)

The Dec 24th update stated the funding had reached the goals needed to unlock the full faction of mini’s, so we do get the 17 additional miniatures. If I’m not mistaken, that brings the total to 126 miniatures. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ksbsnowowl said:

The Dec 24th update stated the funding had reached the goals needed to unlock the full faction of mini’s, so we do get the 17 additional miniatures. If I’m not mistaken, that brings the total to 126 miniatures. 

Yeah, I saw that! That's pretty awesome! Multiples of the Fawn and Dryad miniatures is a big plus in my book. The Leprechaun I couldn't care less about, and not so much the Shepherd either. But the other two are pretty nice. And it's pretty awesome of them to give us the multiples of those after the KS had ended. :)

• Like 1

I'm too cynical. ::D: Besides having to have mobs of five characters each, they can't offer half of a faction. They pretty much *have* to unlock an entire faction to make it playable with Dire Alliance. This and the mentioned Nightmare faction suggests that BLG thought the KS would make more money than it did. Anyway, the additional miniatures are still welcome, since I can use them for Gloomhaven and Dungeon Alliance (?), even if I don't quite have the right number of miniatures...