Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
5th Edition enters the Plane of Shadows!
A realm just beyond the mortal world--seize magical power, play new heroes & bring the secrets of the shadows into the light!
Coming Soon - Click to learn More!!
I finally got around to doing some basing on my take on reaper's Gauth, in bones I do not know the SKU unfortunately, but I think it is from Bones 4?
Anyway, I tried to paint him up as a White dragon, but I also wanted to keep it interesting, so I highlighted from three different colours on separate parts of the hide, mostly pale purple, grey on the central spines down his back, and turquoise on the belly!
Take a look, let me know what you think, c&c's more than welcome!
I saw the Rocky miniatures, and with how cute they are I could not resist getting one to use as a dragon to send against my players. As such, here is my take on the Flying Rocky, as a juvenile Red Dragon!
Comments, criticisms and advice as ever more than welcome!
This one is a real devil to paint.
I got the body down and feel the colors there all make sense for a fire demon. But the wings...I can't figure out what to do with them. I was thinking to make them the feature and brighten them up, but the more I look at it the more I think the face and body are the focus. Needing some help here.
* Another round of dry brushing success! Did a scarlet red, to flat red, to clear orange dry brush triad.
* Used clear orange filter to bring up the areas of highlight and the subtle change looks really good and helps increase contrast.
* Horns seem to work pretty good with a oragnge/buff/white mix transitioning up.
* Dry brushing the gold kept it a cooler color rather than a overwhelming "bam" gold look. I used a yellow+gold mix to highlight the edge of the sword, but in looking at the photo I may need to increase this.
* Vein on the right bicep has a purple hue I added. I thought it was cool.
* I got pretty far along and then realized I have no idea how I want to do the wings. I need help! I need direction on the bone sections versus the wing membrane.
* The left calf got a bit too healthy of a helping of orange filter.
* The horns on his head don't seem to fit as well, but it's growing on me slowly.
* Tried putting yellow eyes. Didn't like it. Then tried doing yellow with purple dots. Didn't like it. Then tried yellow with white slits. Meh.
* Used a filter around the eyes with yellow to give a glowing effect, but it was way too overpowering and ended up making him a devil raccoon. Not the intended effect. Died it back down with red, but still stands out a little weird.
I've got 2 more in this series and want to give them some consistency. I was thinking the female devil I would do a purple/red mix. As always, open to some ideas.
If you're going to give feedback, I'd love some ideas on a diorama I could do with the three completed devils.
Who's Online 9 Members, 1 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)