Imps and Quasits (Bones Hordlings-77335, and Nolzur's)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great work!

Smallest I paint is 6mm - GW Epic stuff, and 6mm Napoleonic

and 10mm Historical (Ancient, Roman, Dark Ages, and Renaissance)

I find it helpful to paint the 6mm as units rather than individual figures,

think of a base/stand of 10 figures as the "figure"

I also like the look of each base of figs being a small diorama

(at work so can't link pics)

Chris

• Like 4
1 minute ago, NOLA Chris said:

I find it helpful to paint the 6mm as units rather than individual figures,

think of a base/stand of 10 figures as the "figure"

I also like the look of each base of figs being a small diorama

That makes a lot of sense.  I bet it's easier to make the whole cohesive unit look good, as opposed to one tiny figure.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, MoonglowMinis said:

Oh boy.  My head aches imagining the kind of eye-strain that would cause!

smallest ones I have painted are either the 10mm CAV troopers or the grippli minis from Stonhaven (those are really tiny!)

Nice job on these, I really like how they came out!

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Marc
      5th Edition enters the Plane of Shadows!
      A realm just beyond the mortal world--seize magical power, play new heroes & bring the secrets of the shadows into the light!

Coming Soon - Click to learn More!!

62541_1080x1080.mp4
    • By Rickdraco
      I finally got around to doing some basing on my take on reaper's Gauth, in bones I do not know the SKU unfortunately, but I think it is from Bones 4? 

Anyway, I tried to paint him up as a White dragon, but I also wanted to keep it interesting, so I highlighted from three different colours on separate parts of the hide, mostly pale purple, grey on the central spines down his back, and turquoise on the belly!

Take a look, let me know what you think, c&c's more than welcome!

• By Rickdraco
      I saw the Rocky miniatures, and with how cute they are I could not resist getting one to use as a dragon to send against my players. As such, here is my take on the Flying Rocky, as a juvenile Red Dragon!

Comments, criticisms and advice as ever more than welcome! 

• By R2ED
      This one is a real devil to paint.  
      I got the body down and feel the colors there all make sense for a fire demon.  But the wings...I can't figure out what to do with them.  I was thinking to make them the feature and brighten them up, but the more I look at it the more I think the face and body are the focus.  Needing some help here.

BATTLE REPORT!

Wins:
      * Another round of dry brushing success!  Did a scarlet red, to flat red, to clear orange dry brush triad.  
      *  Used clear orange filter to bring up the areas of highlight and the subtle change looks really good and helps increase contrast.
      *  Horns seem to work pretty good with a oragnge/buff/white mix transitioning up.  
      *  Dry brushing the gold kept it a cooler color rather than a overwhelming "bam" gold look.  I used a yellow+gold mix to highlight the edge of the sword, but in looking at the photo I may need to increase this.
      * Vein on the right bicep has a purple hue I added.  I thought it was cool.

Misses:
      *  I got pretty far along and then realized I have no idea how I want to do the wings.  I need help!  I need direction on the bone sections versus the wing membrane.  
      *  The left calf got a bit too healthy of a helping of orange filter.  
      *  The horns on his head don't seem to fit as well, but it's growing on me slowly.
      *   Tried putting yellow eyes.  Didn't like it.  Then tried doing yellow with purple dots.  Didn't like it.  Then tried yellow with white slits.  Meh.
      *  Used a filter around the eyes with yellow to give a glowing effect, but it was way too overpowering and ended up making him a devil raccoon.  Not the intended effect.  Died it back down with red, but still stands out a little weird.

I've got 2 more in this series and want to give them some consistency.  I was thinking the female devil I would do a purple/red mix.  As always, open to some ideas.  

If you're going to give feedback, I'd love some ideas on a diorama I could do with the three completed devils.

• By Rickdraco
      It's been some time since I last posted here, but I recently got and painted this WizKid beholder! Comment, criticisms and advice will be gratefully received!

The mini in the background I am not quite ready to post as I have not based it properly yet!

• Who's Online   9 Members, 1 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)