Sign in to follow this  
MoonglowMinis

Tomb of Horrors (77351, 77352, 77280, and WizKids)

Excellent job! The 2D bases are nicely done. I've been pondering painting my R&B minis but not sure as they see a lot of game time. I'd worry about paint flaking off, especially when taking the crew bases on and off, although I did come across this style of paint job that could save wear and tear and you an still make out what type of game piece it is as the lower half is still the character color. Also I have 8 crews and most of the extra heroes and mercenaries, way too much painting if you count all my other minis!

Rum&Bones.jpeg

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Poilu_1914 said:

Excellent job! The 2D bases are nicely done. I've been pondering painting my R&B minis but not sure as they see a lot of game time. I'd worry about paint flaking off, especially when taking the crew bases on and off, although I did come across this style of paint job that could save wear and tear and you an still make out what type of game piece it is as the lower half is still the character color. Also I have 8 crews and most of the extra heroes and mercenaries, way too much painting if you count all my other minis!

I have been having these exact same worries.  I originally bought R&B to steal the minis for D&D use, but I finally got around to playing the game.  I was already planning on masking off the base rims to keep the original colors in tact and to avoid rub-off on the Heroes.  But the crew in particular get handled A LOT.  I was prepared to just cover them in matte spray to protect them and accept some wear as unavoidable.  But I'm also intimidated by all the painting.  Might paint up the Heroes nicely and then a nice version of each of the different crew sculpts, the rest of the crews/bosuns can get a simpler paint job of some kind just to color them up.
I also have quite the collection.  Missed out on the KS but have slowly been tracking down lots on ebay.  I Regret not getting these on KS as the re-sale prices are insane!

But I plan on painting 2D wooden decks on the bases.  Easier than trying to sculpt bases on hundreds of models.

Edited by MoonglowMinis
  • Like 2

Sweet! That is easily the best iteration I've seen of that demilich mini (and definitely better than when I tried it), so your work paid off.
Love the color transition on Acererak's tattered cerements from dull red to eldritch hydrogen pink.

Those cultists are always a delight. Look forward to their show-off post!

You know, since Wizkids apparently has the go-ahead to use official WotC artwork for their sculpts, and since they've done so many set-dressing pieces, it's a real surprise they haven't made a Great Green Devil Face sculpt. You know the one I mean! Seems like that's just leaving money on the table.

• Like 1

Awesome work, the OSL that emanates from the Lich hand is really cool.

I also like the fact that the Demi-Lich model perfectly fits in the Summoning Circle, it makes a great setting.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Metalchaos said:

I also like the fact that the Demi-Lich model perfectly fits in the Summoning Circle, it makes a great setting.

I noticed that the SKUs were subsequent and it made me realize that they were clearly designed to go together!  Had to keep them compatible.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this