• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      Hey everyone, here is another model on which I practiced marble painting as an alternative to regular stone. This 77634, Graveyard Statue was sculpted by Bob Ridolfi.

• By Metalchaos
      Since even cultists love fashion, I went with purple marble on this one. This is the Bones version of the 77139, Altar of Evil sculpted by Bob Olley.

• By Metalchaos
      Hey everyone, here's another sarcophagus I painted for an upcoming D&D session. This one is the 77632, Sarcophagus sculpted by Bob Ridolfi.

• By Pancakeonions
      I am stunned at my recently arrived Sophie's Revenge, and so excited to get it to the painting table (I will have to significantly reconfigure my painting space to ensure I have enough room...  As well as buy LOTS of new brown paint, ha!)  It is a thing of beauty, even without a lick of paint on it.  

One of the first things I noticed was how the magnetized masts SNAP to the deck, hard.  That's what you want, so they'll stay firmly in place.  But when you remove 'em, they'll likely scratch the heck out of the painted deck.  So I plan to cut disks of black felt to glue to the underside/ magnet-side of the masts, so that when they stick, they're more gentle.  Thin felt should not affect how they stick, but it should make a big difference on the ship's wear and tear.

Are you planning on painting yours?  What strategies are you going to adopt to make it as beautiful as you can, while still keeping it sturdy as a plaything for your RPGs, wargames, or maybe even little kids (don't judge!  mine are gonna be all over this thing!) 
    • By insaniak
      StackaRack is a customisable plastic rack for miniature paints, designed to hold pots or bottles from any of the major manufacturers.

Paint collections have a way of growing organically, and most of the current paint rack solutions out there are fixed to specific configurations, and made for a specific type of paint pot. If you're like me, and collect multiple brands of paint, that can make organising them a little frustrating, and so we thought we would try to fix that.

StackaRack was designed to hold any of the major miniature paint ranges - from the dropper bottles used by Vallejo and Army Painter, to the tall pots from the likes of Privateer and Reaper (and GW's old range), and the current stubby Citadel pots. The injection moulded plastic parts will fit together with plastic clips, allowing you to build it how you like, and disassemble and reconfigure it as needed.

Check out the project live on Kickstarter here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spiralarmstudios/stackarack?ref=acpi8t
  • Who's Online   21 Members, 1 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)