Sign in to follow this  
Glitterwolf

GETTING TO KNOW YOU NOVEMBER 2020 by GLITTERWOLF

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 1st.

If you had to live a week without internet, what will you do to keep yourself busy?

Design a website that says "Give me back the internet." Since I know nothing about web design, should probably take me the whole week, since without Youtube/online tutorials I'll have to sift through those old tomes of knowledge called "books." Molly will be there too, demanding her attention, while Dixie just sleeps until meal/potty time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

9 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 1st.

If you had to live a week without internet, what will you do to keep yourself busy?

A few years ago this would have been dead simple for me but we're really addicted to the internet now. But as many have said minis, books and movies. Hey, may even visit with someone in person.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 1st.

Same as the last few times I moved. Watch some of my DVDs and Blu-rays. Have the radio on most of the time.

And there were those times I traveled abroad for vacations for several weeks. Too much sight seeing to bother with the Internet.

I'm old enough to remember the "Before Times".

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 1st.

Definitely would get more hobbying done. Turn the radio on & just sit down & relax.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 1st.

Read. Write. Paint. Watch/listen to media I actually own. Call the professor, tell him I can't teach this week because my internet has been removed for an internet bet. Draw. Sleep.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 1st.

Like many others, books, movies, minis, house projects and many other things.  I regularly went through this 7+ years ago when I was underway as bandwidth on a submarine is really low (zero when submerged).  So while I enjoy the internet, and use it daily now, I'm used to going without and it won't bother me too much.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 1st.

Try and get through the painting backlog and catch up on watching some DVDs. I'm fairly likely to pick up a movie/tv series that I really enjoy because they often come with really informative directors commentaries and I find it really interesting to hear their thoughts on making the film. It's something I can enjoy whilst painting as I don't have to keep my eyes on the screen all the time. Taika Waititi, John Carpenter, the Russo Brothers and James Cameron all do particularly good ones.

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 1st.

Clean the house, not starting with the paint desk, which is entirely too distracting. Actually read all the books all over the house. You know, the ones that normally insulate the north wall of my house. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 1st.

Paint and read, and maybe I’d write an actual letter or two....

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 1st.

Read old books. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 1st.

Read, paint, exercise, and play board games with the family.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 1st.

Paint and watch DVDs.  I guess I should go outside every once in a while, with the way 2020 is and if I didn't have internet I would want to go check and make sure the world didn't end. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 1st.

Read all the books. Maybe do some cooking. Play with the cats. Draw things (cats, humans, chickens). Y'know, the stuff I usually do. ;p

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 1st.

Well, no internet here means no TV and no more of hubby’s favorite games, so I’d probably spend most of the week trying to keep my husband from destroying the internet company :rolleyes:

Other than that, I have plenty of other things to do that don’t involve the internet, though it would be weird to be unable to look stuff up.

13 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I'm going to go with what most suspect would happen within a day or two - go outright bonkers! 

Sure, we have books, DVDs, and I have more than enough minis to paint but my favourite time passer REQUIRES an internet connection (Elite:Dangerous is online only).  I've done the loss of internet for a while, it isn't fun. I survived and managed, but yeah. Not my kind of thing. 

Edit: now, if it were things like go without forums or messengers for a week, sure. I could do that. But no internet period? I like being able to look up recipe possibilities....

Cookbooks?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1