Sign in to follow this  
Glitterwolf

GETTING TO KNOW YOU NOVEMBER 2020 by GLITTERWOLF

On 11/13/2020 at 3:54 AM, Glitterwolf said:

WEEKEND CHALLENGE NOVEMBER 13th./15th.

Pick a theme.

Get your cellphone/camera.

Take pics, post them.

For those of you who don't want to or can't take pics.

Draw the theme.

Tell us about the theme, what does it mean to you and how do the pics/drawings fit in?

I was thinking cats in boxes or sleeping pets for a theme. But did the last of preparing the garden peppers this weekend. So instead...

Last batch of peppers from the garden. Not quite ripe, but this late in the year they probably won't get that way.

IMG_20201113_203929078.thumb.jpg.e3336bfd0f1b8c47c6957e0af5821756.jpg

Used our new dehydrator to dry them out.

IMG_20201113_210432363.thumb.jpg.abe4a7e7fdf8c4573d17c38740fc3c51.jpg

Finished drying some other peppers in there as well. These were drying out in paper bags but weren't quite there yet. 

IMG_20201115_143217812.thumb.jpg.6030625fea7a08d3b0c4e9f66e568480.jpg

Then ran it all through a small food processor.

IMG_20201114_164713677.thumb.jpg.4010df960be87c519989c131ebc23541.jpg

Ended up with a nice little selection of spices that should make cooking a little more interesting this winter.

364296344_IMG_20201115_1803092582.thumb.jpg.eb4722265b8064e4a08b552cf52e71b8.jpg

And then opened up the first bottle of a hot pepper stout I brewed recently. It's good, if you like spicy. Actually, it's good even if you don't. You just may regret drinking it if that's the case.

30713563_IMG_20201115_1807196542.thumb.jpg.6bf9e06e586349181d9551bcb52f430e.jpg

Fun weekend challenge, thanks. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Question November 16th.

If you have to do something you really don't like, do you prefer to postpone till you have to, or do it right away?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 16th.

If you have to do something you really don't like, do you prefer to postpone till you have to, or do it right away?

I do it, whatever odious thing it maybe, right away & then I don't have to think about it anymore. It is rather like my Dad's habit of eating the crust on a pie first; re, it was the part of the pie he enjoyed least.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 16th.

Seems to depend on the day, and what it is. Some things I'll hold out on, others I'll work towards sooner than later.  All depends on its overall priority. 

If it's something like scrape off the windshield on the work vehicle, I'll do such as one of the first things, usually just because the vehicle takes a bit to be ready, but if it's snowing, I'll hold off until it's almost my turn to pull into the garage, because there's no point scraping it twice. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Question November 16th.

I don't have a consistent approach to this.  "It depends" is the best I can say.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Question November 16th.

No, I do it any time between those two.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 16th.

I tend to do things as soon as possible, except some very annoying things, those are usually done just before the deadline.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 16th.

Right away. I've noticed that postponing the things I don't like to do, especially stuff like dishes or cleaning the cat boxes, makes them even more unlikable if I wait to get them done.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 16th.

I usually put them off, and then wish I'd done them right away, since I tend to waste more time avoiding the task than it actually ends up taking.

So I "try" to do them right away, as "there is no try", I usually "do not".

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 16th.

Yes.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Question November 16th.

I postpone everything.

I just don't like doing stuff, even stuff I like.

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, aku-chan said:

I postpone everything.

I just don't like doing stuff, even stuff I like.

^^^^ THIS! ^^^^

I postpone stuff I do like. So the rest comes naturally out of (bad procrastinating) habit (that may or may not be a form of ADHD).

• Like 9

Question November 16th.

I've postponed things far too often. However, I've discovered that some things have to be taken care of quickly and aren't as bad as I was afraid they were.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 16th.

Postpone.

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof…and all that.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 16th.

If it needs to be done, best to get it over with as soon as possible. Once you're done, you find that it's not as bad as your mind made it out to be.

• Like 7