Sign in to follow this  
Glitterwolf

GETTING TO KNOW YOU NOVEMBER 2020 by GLITTERWOLF

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 17th.

You won several millions in the lottery, enough to last you a lifetime.

How will you live your life from now on/what will you do with the money?

Well depending on how many "several" is but I've told my wife if ever hit a big one, I was gonna give something to my co-worker on one condition, he quit at the same time I do. He's been my best friend at work almost the day I met him & that's saying allot consider who he is & how he approaches people.

Obviously, retire or at least semi-retire. No more of this living paycheck to paycheck.

Help the kids (now 22 & 18) get places of their own & head start in the world, so they can make it their own. I wouldn't just hand them cash, I want them to work their way, but also enjoy it.

Pay off this house, sell the house & move to the other side of the state, most likely Eugene, but I could live on the Oregon Coast, easily. In this new house, have specialized dedicated hobby room. Not just a room with a table & spave for my hobbies, but areas that were made for those hobbies.

I'd even help my FLGS owner out with a little bit of cash.

I've said it on here & I'll say it again, everyone that I'm friends with get a free mini!

While I'm not big into racing like I was, I'd love to go see a F1 race at Monaco. I've always love the spectacle of that race. Travel a bit to places I'd never thought I'd go in my lifetime (outside of COVID days of course).

Definitely ReaperCon for life.

I'd try to help out causes that I believe in enough to donate cash too.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Live like I do now.  From other's lists:

1. Retire  Done that

2. Pay off everything Done that

3. Help the kids No kids

4, Move to better house  Have a great one now

So not much

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 17th.

• Move back down to the farm and build a small house and some outbuildings where my grandpa's house and barns used to sit. Then give our tenant a heads up that in a couple of years he's not going to be farming it anymore so he can change up his business model.
  • Spend some time buying up all the available land around us.
  • Make a bunch of depressions on the landscape, bust up the field tiles, plant a bunch of trees, restore the historic drainage patterns that were there when I was a kid, and turn it all into acres and acres of forested wetlands. 
  • Spend my days tending to my private forest, brewing beer, and telling off beggar relatives and in laws that I never really liked much anyways.
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Question November 17th.

I'm a rancher/farmer. Do you know how little you can buy for several millions when it comes to land and equipment? More seriously I wouldn't change a lot in my life. I worked hard to get where I am and it took my dad a lifetime to give me the start that I have. Mostly I'd just want to upgrade everything. My equipment is old, a lot of my fences are old, I don't have as many cattle as we used too, most of my buildings are rotten. I have spent hundreds of thousands the last few years to stabilize the decay but it's an unending process. Other than a better quality of junk I'd like to travel to nicer places and have enough to help my kids get a good post secondary education. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Question November 17th.

• Move to somewhere with more social activities. I'm still a city boy at heart.
  • Make sure my new home has plenty of storage space, and a dedicated art/gaming area.
  • Travel much much more.
  • All those weird classes. I'll take those.
  • Give a leg up on life to my niece and nephews and other kiddos with potential. No blank checks, just a little something to get them started from time to time.

Maybe retire? It's only a problem if everyone else you know isn't and don't have the same free time you do. But if money is no longer a worry, I can see myself volunteering more. I'd be the crazy old coot that doubles as a greeter in a FLGS.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 11/16/2020 at 2:10 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 16th.

If you have to do something you really don't like, do you prefer to postpone till you have to, or do it right away?

I prefer to do it right away, but I usually end up doing the postpone thing.

Question November 17th.

Move to a lake in WI. 

Start our Haitian Jewelry charity business for real. 

Make TaleSpinner Minis a full time career.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 17th.

Pay for my parents' homes, buy my own home, set up a ton of accounts to get interest, and donate a lot of money. A lot. I would say more about how I would donate it but that would trigger the "buzzing of bees" so to speak. If I won it *right now* I'd pay people's rent (which shouldn't be political).

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 17th.

Finally realize my plans to import as many of you forumites as I can over to here, and use my controlling interest in Reaper to finally create Reapercon North. I will create an empire here that will rule the miniature world; @Reaper Ron will have the honoured position of court jester. A flumph will be on the national flag.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 17th.

Start a breeding colony for critically endangered Canadian house hippos. 

I would certainly quit my job. I've only ever worked menial labour jobs, so no hard feelings. My hero is Mother Theresa, so I'd employ myself full time with charitable organizations. There are tonnes of projects I'd like to get involved in. The City of Medicine Hat has a brain injury rehabilitation project with urban gardening I think is really neat. I'd like to see more urban gardening and self-sustainability among Calgary's low income people and would sponsor a project involving that. I had a friend with the Thai army who scuba dived and helped with environmental projects. I'd help support the world's reserve forces in smaller, developing island countries to preserve the oceans like that. I think I'd like to go for a law degree and become even more obnoxious.  

I'd also buy the property I live on and a snowplow. Problem solved. 

33 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Finally realize my plans to import as many of you forumites as I can over to here, and use my controlling interest in Reaper to finally create Reapercon North. I will create an empire here that will rule the miniature world; @Reaper Ron will have the honoured position of court jester. A flumph will be on the national flag.

I will support this decision with my newly innovated multi-million dollar international shipping company which I paid for with my lottery earnings. We shall call it North Saskatchewan and it shall have smiley faces on its boxes with beaver tails for tongues. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 17th.

1. Research an area that has practically no natural/weather disasters, no earthquakes, no hurricanes, no flooding, no tornadoes, no forest fires... buy house there.
  2. Purchase pet insurance for Molly and Dixie.
  3. Do all that stuff for parents that you should do.
  4. Create a few jobs: have a groundskeeper, someone to go do shopping (I can do cleaning myself), and hire a hygienist to clean my teeth every day because I love how clean they feel after a trip to the dentist.
  5. A few charitable/health causes, one of which must involve regenerating damaged nerves.
  6. Daily foreign language lessons.

Otherwise, I'm sitting on my porch with the girls, cleaning some minis, before moving inside and trying to hobby some more.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ManvsMini said:

1. Research an area that has practically no natural/weather disasters, no earthquakes, no hurricanes, no flooding, no tornadoes, no forest fires... buy house there.
  2. Purchase pet insurance for Molly and Dixie.
  3. Do all that stuff for parents that you should do.
  4. Create a few jobs: have a groundskeeper, someone to go do shopping (I can do cleaning myself), and hire a hygienist to clean my teeth every day because I love how clean they feel after a trip to the dentist.
  5. A few charitable/health causes, one of which must involve regenerating damaged nerves.
  6. Daily foreign language lessons.

Otherwise, I'm sitting on my porch with the girls, cleaning some minis, before moving inside and trying to hobby some more.

Wisconsin. You're talking about Wisconsin... :lol:

• Haha 10
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 17th.

Several million isn't what it used to be.

I'd buy myself a couple mountains, build a cabin on top of one. I'd live a simple life, painting and playing music.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 17th.

Continue working.

Bigger place. Probably with more people in it. Also game room and 3d printer room, though those might be the same room.

Hand over an amount for my brother to invest, I trust him and I've seen his record. Besides, I'll probably know where he lives (in my house)

Buy some apartment buildings, rent them out.

In general, continue working. If I'm just sitting there doing nothing I get antsy.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CaptainPete said:

Wisconsin. You're talking about Wisconsin... :lol:

My alma mater roots will not allow such a move (Big Ten Football school, though it wouldn't be considered as bad as moving to Michigan). Plus I don't crave cheese, and it's far colder than where I already live. In all likelihood, I'd probably stay where I currently am. While around us has tornadoes, I've never had to go through one. Power outages are more frequent, but now we've got a generator... and someday an Iron Man arc reactor.

We do have a slight lack of what people might consider "society" in our town however... (biggest news in town is that we've got a Del Taco opening... in the same building as the old Taco Bell, which got shut down and moved after they found marijuana plants growing outside of it... a four month stakeout concluded it was weed... *sigh*).

3 hours ago, CashWiley said:

Several million isn't what it used to be.

I'm interpreting the question as winning several million savings bonds worth $1000 each. ::D:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Question November 17th.

How will you live your life from now on/what will you do with the money?

hmm

well I'm not working now .. and  Iam mostly happy with the area we live in.  so  - buy a bigger house, likely within a mile. 

wife would probably continue to work - 

something large enough for a home office and a painting room.  Move as little furniture as possible - most of it could be donated and replaced. 

Retain a Maid and Landscaping service. 

Figure out how much to give away to family & friends - 10%  Mostly to those relatives trying to farm.   and another 10% to charities, church and political causes. 

replace my 1999 Toyota with something electric. 

Plan more trips once the Plauge ends - Australia, Germany,  Iceland, another Caribbean Vacation would all be on the table, once a year perhaps.  The kids are old enough for trips to rock. 

I would not buy a house on a mountain.  Denver is close enough.  I have friends up there and I don't like the tradeoffs of isolation and wild fires for beauty.  Although it is nice to visit. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1