Sign in to follow this  
Glitterwolf

GETTING TO KNOW YOU NOVEMBER 2020 by GLITTERWOLF

9 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 18th.

What three non-electric or non-automatic items would you take with you to a deserted island?

1) Snacks

2) HD Crystal Ball

3) Spellbook with, at a minimum, Leomund's tiny hut, unseen servant, and teleport

There's nothing like roughing it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

10 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 18th.

What three non-electric or non-automatic items would you take with you to a deserted island?

Multi-tool (with included fire starter)

Cooking pot.

Blanket Towel (I'm a hoopy frood who really know where his towel is)

So something for food, shelter and rebuilding civilization out of coconuts.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

My three:

1. A good knife likely a multitool, but one with a good blade on it (most are worthless).

2. A magnesium fire starter

3. A pot

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

A modest choice....didn't go for the RS....

As much as i appreciate speed and running a car hard, i also enjoy long drives that are comfortable.  I'm not saying the GT3 is koosh by any means, but the RS is like bare bones racing and built for track.  For what i would use it for, the GT3 works great.  

... but since we're millionaires an RS in the garage for weekends works too. #livinitup

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

My problem with most multitools is that really the only handy extra is the pliers. No real need for a screwdriver or corkscrew in the middle of nowhere with no tech. I'd go for a solid knife or maybe even a good axe (depending on the island).

But the firestarter is a definite, as is a good metal pot.

I like the idea of a sleeping bag, but potable water is far more important.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 18th.

Depends on the context.

If I'm shipwrecked or stranded etc. then my first item would be someone with actual survival skills, and then let them pick items two and three. I'm basically dead in days without help.

If I'm just getting away for a few days of peace and quiet, then I want a large cool box full of drink and munchies, a good book and a sleeping bag.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 18th.

Three other people so I wouldn't get lonely.

...or as emergency rations.:devil:

(serious answer: knife, fire starter, water holding device)

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, ttuckerman said:

Books, Compass, Sail boat

Wait!

You want to leave the deserted island?

As an introvert, I disaprove.

• Like 2
  • Haha 10
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 18th.

A good, heavy full tang knife, like I asked for for Christmas; a tarp (not big enough to cover a round bale stack), a fire starter. 

I've had really rotten luck with trying to make fire with a flint and steel IRL, though. I've managed it in the campground while fooling around, but never on the river in the rain or in the woods in winter. If anyone ever gets accused of arson, it won't be this girl. Maybe I should stick with a canoe...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 18th.

Machete (or Axe)

Blanket (or towel)

Bottle of Rum (preferably glass bottle and 151 proof)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 18th.

What was your first job?

Burger Flipper at Burger King.

I enjoyed it, but as I'm not a "People Person" I was taken off burger flipping and put on cleaning (which wasn't as nice).

A few weeks later I told them to shove their job (one go at cleaning the customer toilets was enough for me).

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 18th.

What was your first job?

Mine was door to door salesman of a funeral insurance.

Learned a lot about people during those few months because I was invited in many homes.

Learned even more about how insurance companies work ( and what kind of money driven hyenas some are, I'll spare you the details but there are some dark things behind the scenes.)

• Like 8