Sign in to follow this  
Glitterwolf

GETTING TO KNOW YOU NOVEMBER 2020 by GLITTERWOLF

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 18th.

What was your first job?

Painter’s helper. (First paying job. A temp gig when I was a kid...)

Donut Shop worker. (First W-2 job. I think it was 10¢ over minimum wage. I made coffee, worked the register, Worked night-shift, mixed dough, fried donuts, mixed frosting, frosted the donuts, washed things, cleaned the glass, mopped the floor...)

Edited by TGP
Forgot to make the frosting...
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Question November 18th.

What was your first job?

I was born and raised on a farm, so that job is built-in.

If you're talking about jobs I was actually paid for, then I was a canvasser trying to sell internet for the guy who installed mine. It paid really well for a few hours I worked every week+commission, and I had gotten free cable TV for a couple of years.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Question November 19th.

What was your first job?

Lifeguard. B)

Worked at a community pool during the summer and at an indoor pool in a youth center the rest of the year.  Summer job ended while I was in college but I worked at the youth center up until the beginning of the pandemic when they decided they weren't going to reopen.  Though they long ago cemented over the indoor pool.  Of course that just meant I could tell kids they got rid of the pool because it was haunted.
If you're in the room alone and real quiet you can hear the ghost of the drowned kid tap, tap tapping on the cement trying to get out.

Edited by MoonglowMinis
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Question November 18th.

What was your first job?

Store clerk. Only job I've ever had.

18 minutes ago, MoonglowMinis said:

Worked at a community pool during the summer and at an indoor pool in a youth center the rest of the year.  Summer job ended while I was in college but I worked at the youth center up until the beginning of the pandemic when they decided they weren't going to reopen.  Though they long ago cemented over the indoor pool.  Of course that just meant I could tell kids they got rid of the pool because it was haunted.
If you're in the room alone and real quiet you can hear the ghost of the drowned kid tap, tap tapping on the cement trying to get out.

That is utter gold. Brilliant!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 18th.

What was your first job?

Officially, helping out on reception at my dad's work (really not a fit for me), proper first job, Games Workshop retail....also not a fit for me.

5 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

I worked as a trap setter for a local rod and gun club.  I was 12.  I got paid $2.50 an hour cash plus all the pop I wanted.  I had 2 jobs, set the clay pigeons on the throwers after each throw and keep score and push the button for the shooters.  We worked in teams of 2 boys, alternating jobs.  It was boring and monotonous, but I made a lot of money for a 12 year-old kid.  I'm pretty sure in retrospect that it was illegal as hell, but that was a lot of how country life went.

I used to do something similar - when my dad would do 'field and game' shooting (different to regular trap shooting, you need to walk around to each of the throwers which do different things with the clays and different angles - one I remember held the clay vertically and threw it at an angle that make it seem like a rabbit jumping out from behind a bush) I'd be dragged along sometimes to run the throwers - the shooters were happy enough cause they'd normally have to do it - and get $2/person per round, not too bad when you're 10-12...

• Like 8

15 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 18th.

What was your first job?

I worked for Frank's Nursery and Crafts (they ended up going bankrupt about 10-12 years ago, I think) For the whole 4 years I was in high school. I was an experiment; when I started, I was the only kid there, everyone else was an adult. I did a good job, so they started hiring other kids from my school. By the left I left for the military, the only thing I couldn't do in the store was access the safe and drive the forklift (they couldn't teach me, cause I was a minor).

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

WEEKEND CHALLENGE. November 20th / 22th.

In these troubled times it's important to have FUN!

So, do something for fun or treat yourself to something nice.

Share pics!

You Matter! Spoil yourself this weekend!

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Share pics!

I'll assume you mean something that doesn't require an absence of pants.

The pictures alone would more than likely get me banned and investigated.

I'll stick to eating chicken strips and pork rinds.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Share pics!

Day one!

My girl created a Speculaas/kruidnoten Cake.

20201119_202702.jpg

Also..Brutus played with his Boxer Girl friend in her garden

IMG-20201119-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20201119-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20201119-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20201119-WA0004.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Share pics!

Painting and watching The Mandalorian is in my future this weekend.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Share pics!

There is nothing on the agenda this weekend. Nothing nowadays is good, but how do I get a photo of me napping?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

16 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Share pics!

Day 1: Started small. Ate an entire sleeve of Oreos in bed. No regrets. Without pants, too, @Cranky Dog (but not free-balling, worry not).

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

48 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Day 1: Started small. Ate an entire sleeve of Oreos in bed. No regrets. Without pants, too, 

Pants are evil. 

*looks outside and remembers just how cold it was this morning*

Pants are... A necessary evil, during desperate times. 

Pants at home though? Oh no. Nope. No pants! (shorts are comfier) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

On 11/19/2020 at 1:01 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 18th.

What was your first job?

Like many others, I had to help clean out the barn and had lots of farm chores. 

My first job off the farm was down the road for a dog breeder. My job was to clean dog poop. It sucked, especially because the dogs were rotten and kept biting me in the keister and ripping my coveralls. I now clean livestock trailers for a living, so as you can see, I've had great career progression since I was 14. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1