Sign in to follow this  
Glitterwolf

GETTING TO KNOW YOU NOVEMBER 2020 by GLITTERWOLF

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

80's.

Best Metal in those days.

Thanks! (I was in a metal band in the 80s)

I'd pick the 70s. In fact, we watch a lot of 70s tv thanks to a couple new channels that blast that stuff. It's amazing how relevant that stuff is. 

I'd push into late 60s/early 80s for a definitive list, and I do like things from all decades, but the 70s is definitely the prime music/tv era for me.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION November 24th.

You can only listen to music/watch TV shows from one decade.

Which decade do you choose?

I grew up in the 90's so I would have to go with that.

I would say probably the golden age for action movies and I loved TGIF.  And I could listen to my music on my Discman and have a backpack full of CDs 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

QUESTION November 24th.

The '90's had a lot of good stuff I grew up with (so did the' 80's), but I'm going to go with 2004-2014, because that has a lot of the experimentation that went on in the DnB, hardstyle, and gabber worlds (especially Dutch and Italian gabber), but also has some of the newer stuff. 

Yes, it misses out on some of my favourite albums (or not, Pendulum's "Hold Your Colour" was July 2005, and was reissued in 2007, and Robot Death Squad's "Supercharger" was a 2006 release), but I had to go with 2004 instead of a touch later because I prefer the 2004 version of Pendulum's "Blood Sugar" over the 2007 version... 

It also conveniently happens to be when a lot of my favourite anime were running... Sadly my favourite anime series is two years before that (Getbackers! was released in 2002), but the Tokyopop english translated manga release is during this timeframe, so I'll count that... 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

QUESTION November 24th.

I grew up in the 80's, so that would be my choice. But it comes with the caveat that I would have to be unaware of anything that was produced afterwards. Some of the TV shows..........didn't age well.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, aku-chan said:

The 80's wouldn't be too bad for me music-wise, can't remember what the TV was like back then though.

Mostly required antennae to receive (unless you had cable), and wasn't available in widescreen aspect ratio. :wacko:

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

80's.

Best Metal in those days.

You just like all the big hair and rampant glitter usage...

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION November 24th.

The 90s. First era of beginning to discover music that fit my own taste, loved listening to the top 40 countdown with Casey Kasem each week on the radio. I can mostly find a band from each genre I enjoy from that time. TV-wise, we've got Hercules and Xena, original Power Rangers, a few seasons of Buffy, multiple Star Trek shows... but most importantly, and I really can't stress this enough, no reality television, thus no Kardashians.

Edited by ManvsMini
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Mostly required antennae to receive (unless you had cable), and wasn't available in widescreen aspect ratio. :wacko:

You just like all the big hair and rampant glitter usage...

The 90s. First era of beginning to discover music that fit my own taste, loved listening to the top 40 countdown with Casey Kasem each week on the radio. I can mostly find a band from each genre I enjoy from that time. TV-wise, we've got Hercules and Xena, original Power Rangers, a few seasons of Buffy, multiple Star Trek shows... but most importantly, and I really can't stress this enough, no reality television, thus no Kardashians.

Sadly, I do beleive the 90s gave us reality tv with the Real World, but yah any era before The Crapdashians is a good one.

For me, I'll definitely say the 80s. I was born in 73, but most of the stuff I recall loving was in the 80s. Heck I listen to the 80s station on iheartradio as well as Slippery when wet (hairbands 80s). I do listen to other decades but the 80s is my go to decade. Besides EmpireSB debuted in the 80s!!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION November 24th.

Music is not indexed in my head by Decade. I have no idea what songs go with what decade.

What decade contained Disco?  DON'T WANT THAT ONE.

• Haha 6

11 minutes ago, haldir said:

Sadly, I do beleive the 90s gave us reality tv with the Real World, but yah any era before The Crapdashians is a good one.

Dang, you are correct. I had forgotten about MTV (hasn't everybody by now?)... but at least that programming was confined to a single channel, and you had to have cable to get it.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Dang, you are correct. I had forgotten about MTV (hasn't everybody by now?)... but at least that programming was confined to a single channel, and you had to have cable to get it.

MTV 10 year anniversary (1981-1991) tribute.

https://youtu.be/iD0R2nAA1TI

Back when it was relevant, it was glorious.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Dang a lot of you are old. Hides passport and drivers license. 

10 hours ago, CashWiley said:

I'd pick the 70s. In fact, we watch a lot of 70s tv thanks to a couple new channels that blast that stuff. It's amazing how relevant that stuff is. 

I'd push into late 60s/early 80s for a definitive list, and I do like things from all decades, but the 70s is definitely the prime music/tv era for me.

For some reason this made a clip from Married with Children pop into my head. Al is complaining to his kids about how nothing good came from the 70s. The kids go, "Hey, we were born in the 70s!" Al replies, "I rest my case." ::D: Always made me laugh because I'm the same age as Bud.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION November 24th.

I'm going to also say the 80's. I'm not a big classic rock fan, and there is some pretty awful classic country from this decade, but it would be neat to experience it new. But 80's cartoons--we had the best cartoons. I loved Inspector Gadget. I grew up watching the Littlest Hobo. If my shepherd puppy was male, his name would've been Hobo. (She's a girl; her name is Lilly.)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Question November 25th.

What kind of gift certificates/vouchers do you prefer?

( A free dinner in a restaurant, an amount to spend in a clothing store, DIY store? etc.etc.)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 25th.

( A free dinner in a restaurant, an amount to spend in a clothing store, DIY store? etc.etc.)

ONe that I'm not restricted on using is best (prepaid Visa cards work well)

If it has to be for a specific store then one that actually stocks stuff I want is good!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 25th.

Honestly, I'd rather just have the cash.

Years ago, I got some gift vouchers as part of a leaving present when I was made redundant, but despite there being something like a 100 stores they were valid in, I never did find anything to use them on. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1