Sign in to follow this  
Glitterwolf

GETTING TO KNOW YOU NOVEMBER 2020 by GLITTERWOLF

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 25th.

What kind of gift certificates/vouchers do you prefer?

( A free dinner in a restaurant, an amount to spend in a clothing store, DIY store? etc.etc.)

Long and McQuade gift cards are best gift cards in my eyes. It's a music shop. 

...Although truth be told, Superstore (a grocery store) definitely doesn't hurt, nor do ones for Reaper Minis, 401Games, Mission Games, Maple Airbrush, Delta Art, or any of the hobby shops I shop at.. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 25th.

( A free dinner in a restaurant, an amount to spend in a clothing store, DIY store? etc.etc.)

I like practical ones generally: grocery stores, or hardware stores, or anything hobby related.

Usually I'd say movie theatre ones, but perhaps not right now.......

Specialty ones to fancy restaurants are a nice treat, especially if it is somewhere we wouldn't normally go, but not my general preference.

And apparently avoid Ikea ones.  A friend recently lost $150 in gift cards because the code on the back was printed poorly, and removing the safety stuff wrecked the code so it couldn't be used.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 25th.

I have never given or received gift cards/certificates/vouchers/whatever. I usually give cash so whoever receives it can do with it what they want.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

25th:

While I appreciate the gesture, just give me cash & I'll figure out what to use it for.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 25th.

The kind that can be turned into cash. But, barring that, Reaper Gift Certificates! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 11/24/2020 at 6:05 PM, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION November 24th.

You can only listen to music/watch TV shows from one decade.

Which decade do you choose?

I'll say the one that's beginning now. Now I have no clue if I have made a terrible mistake, but most of my favourite musicians are making music now. 

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 25th.

If not cash, I'd prefer a GW or mini related voucher - Will be pretty useful and appreciated.

Edited by BadgersinMeadows
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 25th.

None. I've been trying for years to tell my family that I'd rather not have a gift at all than have a gift card. We took our moms to a restaurant once, about fifteen years ago. They liked it, but we hated it and barely ate anythingy). We have about a dozen gift cards for that place now.

For 'milestone' birthdays, we get a little party at work. When I hit 50, I requested cash, rather than the usual dumb basket of weird stuff and gift cards. And that cash went right in the bank. I'm exciting like that, maybe not the best capitalist, though. 

A gift card is like gifting a hassle. I have to carry the card around, plan to buy something from a place I may not normally shop or eat, remember to USE the card when I'm there, etc. I'm thankful to be in a place I'd rather not be hassled with that kind of nonsense.

edited to add: I STILL have a couple hundred bucks in Reaper credit left over from the 1st KS and various competitions...and I haven't painted minis more or less since 2015...I just look at it as my replacement paints fund if I ever do start up again (given my recent experience painting some zombies, not any time soon).

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 25th.

I don't get many vouchers to places. I usually end up with the prepaid Visas, which are fine, except I never get ones that work for foreign purchases (so no ordering from any mini companies in Europe with them). I don't mind getting them, I've never used them for anything except online purchasing so it doesn't take up wallet space. And if I end up with such a small amount left on the card, I can transfer the balance onto my Amazon account, so no having to keep cards with small amounts lying about.

I think the last voucher I got was 10ish years ago, and it was some type of Groupon (is that even still a thing?) that I ended up giving to someone else; I wasn't going to use it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

I grew up in the 90's so I would have to go with that.

I would say probably the golden age for action movies and I loved TGIF.  And I could listen to my music on my Discman and have a backpack full of CDs 

I still have both of these things. :B):

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 25th.

Books. Or groceries.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 25th.

Every year, my boss gives me a 100$ gift card for a steak house. I have a collection of them sitting on my desk. I appreciate the gift, but I'm single. I teased him that making me work friday nights and saturday does nothing to help this, so he's been trying to set me up with the dispatcher. 

I like prepaid Visa cards or food store cards. A girl's gotta eat... and so do her fur people.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Question November 25th.

I flip between X amount of dollars (with no term limit) and "buy 10 get one free" (coffee!) fidelity cards.

Even without considering the pandemic, I don't shop much anymore, or I don't spend enough at any particular place to use that gift certificate.

Hell, last year I gave away a $500 gift card I won at the office Christmas party to my brother. The card was only for stores in a ski resort I never ever go to, with fashion I never ever wear. My brother and his GF are the active ones, and she does ironman competitions in the area of the resort, so it made more sense for them to have it.

Looking back, it could've been worse as there were travel agency vouchers prizes, right before 2020 struck.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Question November 25th.

Book Store or Reaper.  Something I will use.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Question November 25th.

I am not picky. 
All presents equally appreciated. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Question November 25th.

This explains the entire concept for me:

https://youtu.be/XbSIFLL9q_M

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 25th.

I wouldn't mind a voucher for takeaway/food etc..

• Like 7