Glitterwolf

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 2nd.

If You Could Bring One Musician or Actor Back From The Dead, Who Would It Be And Why?

Not really an actor, but Steve Irwin. His childlike enthusiasm and kind heart were contagious.

image.png.9335bc60296b56d80047a55431f55040.png

Edited by Pezler the Polychromatic
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4

On 11/1/2020 at 1:49 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 1st.

If you had to live a week without internet, what will you do to keep yourself busy?

Easy one. I lived in the country, we'd regularly lose power for days at a time. Fire up the wood stove for cooking (and heat if necessary), light some candles. Read, play music (mom had a piano but I just play guitar or drums), draw or paint, read, play a board game, do yard stuff, go hiking (or skiing), etc. The Internet is highly overrated. Biggest problem would be bill paying and purchasing, these days.

9 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 2nd.

If You Could Bring One Musician or Actor Back From The Dead, Who Would It Be And Why?

I wouldn't. Fate is what it is. More SRV could be great, or he could have gone all synthesizer and weird pop. Losing Eddie VH sucked but I honestly haven't cared about a VH album since 1984. Losing Jimi sucked, but look at the mess that most of his contemporary guitar heroes became by the 80s. 

I prefer to let the dead have their legacy, untarnished.

Actually, I take that back. I think Cliff Burton still had a lot in the tank, and he never got to enjoy the big successes or see the legacy he left. And afaik, he /WAS/ Metallica and had only begun his compositional journey. On the other hand, he could've gotten into synthpop or something terrible, too. For the legacy to live, the hero must die.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, CashWiley said:

Actually, I take that back. I think Cliff Burton still had a lot in the tank, and he never got to enjoy the big successes or see the legacy he left. And afaik, he /WAS/ Metallica and had only begun his compositional journey. On the other hand, he could've gotten into synthpop or something terrible, too. For the legacy to live, the hero must die.

I had trouble choosing between Chris Farley and Cliff Burton.  He was so amazing!  Plus just the way he went, seems like he should get another shot!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 2nd.

Assuming I had the powers of such necromancy, I do believe that if a legacy has already been cemented, I should not go messing about with the natural order (Chadwick Boseman left his legacy, and while it'd be great to have him back, his courage in facing his illness is part of that legacy to me). That said, far too often a life ends before it had that opportunity.

So, in that vein, I'd probably go with Anton Yelchin. We'll always have him as the rebooted Chekov, but I feel he had some more to do until his tragic death.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 2nd.

Stuart McLean. He's more of an actor than a musician, but he's actually an author. He wrote the Vinyl Cafe series for CBC Radio. You can get his books or audiotapes of him narrating. Do the latter. He's hilarious. I had tickets to see him in concert, but he passed away from cancer and so cancelled his tour. So sad.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Stuart McLean. He's more of an actor than a musician, but he's actually an author. He wrote the Vinyl Cafe series for CBC Radio. You can get his books or audiotapes of him narrating. Do the latter. He's hilarious. I had tickets to see him in concert, but he passed away from cancer and so cancelled his tour. So sad.  

He's a storyteller at heart. He would visit towns, meet the people, and recount his experience with the locals praising this and that.

I loved his shows, particularly his Dave and Morley stories ("Dave Cooks the Turkey" is an instant holiday classic). Some of his shows were rebroadcast last summer and I tried to catch everyone of them.

I missed his live shows twice when he was where I lived. His sudden passing after he just cancelled his tour came as a shock.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 2nd.

I've tried to think of one all day, and in all honesty... Not one comes to mind. Plenty of names, but none I would wholeheartedly want to bring back. 

So I'll instead playfully say the sibling that wasn't to be, because then I'm being selfish for the mother I don't necessarily get along with. Okay, that and I'm envious of those who have siblings, even if they can be outright brats, like hubby's little brother. Or nuisances, like his sisters. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 2nd.

Alan Rickman. I'm dumbfounded at the thought of answering, why? Because its Alan Rickman... He was amazing even when the only thing I'd seen him in was January Man... but the cup of tea... well, we need that level of skill in the world.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Keeping W.O.O.F.'s weaponized glitter stockpile under surveillance. Trust me, the entire world couldn't go a day without someone keeping tabs on it.

Hrmph!

We're innocent and to prove our good intentions we have a little present for you

Spoiler

a36f8c863a961043aaff5f73f91873a1.jpg.8fbee90ef74c362d4b4a831b2e2ac139.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1