Sign in to follow this  
Glitterwolf

GETTING TO KNOW YOU NOVEMBER 2020 by GLITTERWOLF

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 4th.

Is there something you really really want to do at least once in your life?

Since boyhood I wanted to tie a bandana over my face and walk around looking like an outlaw...

...parental and grandparents units Strongly disapproved of this plan. :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Or did you do it already, if so share!

Update: 2020 Achievement Unlocked..!

:blues:

• Haha 14

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 4th.

Have a pet, since I've never had an animal companion other than fish that I never really got to know. 

Edited by BadgersinMeadows
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Question November 4th.

I like the little things in life. I'd like to try making a batch of mead or ale. Not something that can happen anytime soon, since I take medication that I can't mix with alcohol, but it's at the top of the achievable list (I could still make it now, but I can't taste it or enjoy it so who knows how it'd actually turn out?).

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Question November 4th.

There's quite a few but I'll go with: See my name in print.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 4th.

I have travelled a bit and done some stuff I really wanted, but I would still like to visit Indonesia/China/Japan and some other Asian countries.

Hope we get the chance in the future.

• Like 10

On 11/3/2020 at 1:58 AM, ratsmitglied said:

A book.

I have to have a "security book" before I leave the house. Seriously. Most people feel this way about their phones--I'm okay if I forget my phone at home, but not a book. 

I need daily pet cuddles. My mental health suffers without my fuzz therapists standing by around the clock. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Question November 4th.

I've got a list of things I'd like to see and do I've been working through for quite some time now. The list changes as my interests change, things get added and dropped. Some of the things I've managed to knock off include seeing whales, hiking up to a cirque (a depression at the top of a mountain where alpine glaciers start) and walking around in it, hiked a small portion of the Appalachian trail, canoed the apostle islands, a few other things. I still want to see a Great White shark in the wild, hike around Isle Royale in Lake Superior and the Scottish Highlands, and get a close up a view as possible of a volcano among other things. We tried to see a Great White out in MA several years back at the Monomoy National Wildlife refuge where they had been catching seals just offshore. Didn't see any sharks, but saw plenty of seals and even a few birds I'd never seen before. So going to have to try and see that again someday.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Question November 4th.

Canoe the Nahanni. Among my friends, either you have or you want to. Paddle a war canoe, either west cost native or Maori. Snorkel and scuba dive tropical locations. My parents fed the fish bananas in Mexico. I want to feed them an entire plantation! 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Question November 4th.

Get Reaper to make flumphs and flumph adventurers, because the image in my head of them fighting a tarrasque is funny.

Seriously everyone, join the Flumph Revolution.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 4th.

The easy answer is wanting to publish a book, or some other kind of media that stays around after I'm gone.

The harder answer is more of a reaction to all of the uncertainties I'm currently facing.  I was raised with a lot of classic Celtic traditions.  It was a part of my Mom's life that meant a lot to her and she passed it on to me.  I was fortunate enough to get to visit Ireland for a couple weeks a few years ago for school.  My mom has been battling cancer for the past year, and I'm still holding out hope that she can beat it and we'll get to go and visit Ireland together.  It would mean a lot to me to get to see her visit the place she loves so much.

Sorry for the emotional answer.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, MoonglowMinis said:

The easy answer is wanting to publish a book, or some other kind of media that stays around after I'm gone.

The harder answer is more of a reaction to all of the uncertainties I'm currently facing.  I was raised with a lot of classic Celtic traditions.  It was a part of my Mom's life that meant a lot to her and she passed it on to me.  I was fortunate enough to get to visit Ireland for a couple weeks a few years ago for school.  My mom has been battling cancer for the past year, and I'm still holding out hope that she can beat it and we'll get to go and visit Ireland together.  It would mean a lot to me to get to see her visit the place she loves so much.

Sorry for the emotional answer.

No need to feel sorry.

I'll help you hope that it comes true.

Thanks for feeling comfortable enough to share this with us.

***Hugs***

• Like 8

I sincerely hope that you can make that happen.

13 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 4th.

I've gotten to see/visit a lot of places while I was in the Navy, but there are still a lot I haven't yet. Revisiting some with my wife would be nice, too.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

I like the little things in life. I'd like to try making a batch of mead or ale. Not something that can happen anytime soon, since I take medication that I can't mix with alcohol, but it's at the top of the achievable list (I could still make it now, but I can't taste it or enjoy it so who knows how it'd actually turn out?).

I selflessly volunteer to drink your beer or mead and give you feedback so you can achieve this goal and know how good the result is.

• Haha 10

15 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 4th.

I want to go to the mummers parade in philly. I've tried to go a few times but stuff keeps happening

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 11/3/2020 at 1:45 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 3rd.

Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without?

Nicotine and caffeine- the breakfast of champions... I should probably quit.

15 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 4th.

Plant, grow and harvest a crop of cannabis.  Doesn't even have to be a field's worth either. Just a handful of specimen would be fine by me.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1