GETTING TO KNOW YOU NOVEMBER 2020 by GLITTERWOLF

Glitterwolf

On 11/3/2020 at 6:45 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 3rd.

Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without?

Our pets. No matter how bad I feel, they'll make me feel better with their unconditional love and their daft antics.

Even if they steal and chew my brushes <_<

17 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 4th.

Is there something you really really want to do at least once in your life?

Or did you do it already, if so share!

I'm really happy that I managed to climb the Inaccessible Pinnacle, which is part of The Cullin in Skye, even if I lost my camera on the way down.

455765046_visitscotland_36578128750-1200x800(1).thumb.jpg.29f8cd0243b3f1aa161c100bc891b64d.jpg

Top tip: don't try and get "one more photo" when your arms are shaking from climbing!

@Thoramels quest to find Great White Sharks has reminded me that I'd absolutely love to cage dive with those gorgeous big fishies :wub: Either that, or to go diving with tiger sharks.

There's a place in the Bahamas that has some exceedingly polite ones that are very used to humans, how awesome does that look?

DSC9328-034a20254153fb52facef77d8e56b0ef-840x414-85-cropped.jpg.27d81372bd2ebc235c85c40fcf505e6f.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

No need to feel sorry.

I'll help you hope that it comes true.

Thanks for feeling comfortable enough to share this with us.

***Hugs***

17 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I sincerely hope that you can make that happen.

Thank you.  And thanks to everyone for the kind reactions.  My hobbies are my escape and I'm glad I joined these forums.  It's nice to have a daily dose of serotonin from strangers sharing the same passions.

Edited by MoonglowMinis
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Thoramel said:

I selflessly volunteer to drink your beer or mead and give you feedback so you can achieve this goal and know how good the result is.

The only question that comes to mind is will you share it with friends just as selflessly.... Or will you go "oooh, this would really go well with x pepper", spike it, then selflessly forget to tell those friends first... 

• Haha 5

Apart from certain humans...

(technically they’re animals, not vegetables, or minerals...)

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 5th.

Is there an animal that you're really afraid of ?

Full Grown Polar Bears...

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

And why ?

They regard anything smaller than them as food on the hoof. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 5th.

Is there an animal that you're really afraid of?

And why?

3 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Humans are pretty unpredictable, you don't know if one will bite or not. :ph34r:

This. I'm pretty sure that he was trying to be funny; I'm not.

With wild or domesticated animals if you've got at least half a brain you know where you stand with them.

People? Not so much.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

On 11/4/2020 at 8:01 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 4th.

Is there something you really really want to do at least once in your life?

Or did you do it already, if so share!

I'd like to try scuba diving.

Not sure it would be a good idea as I can't swim, but I'd still like to try.

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 5th.

And why?

Nothing really springs to mind, I don't like spiders but I'm not super terrified of them.

(I also don't like people very much, but it's the social interaction that scares me, not the people themselves).

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 5th.

And why?

I mean, yeah, humans.

Other than that, nothing that springs to mind. I certainly wouldn't want to encounter any alpha predators when they're hungry,  but that's a situational fear, not a fear specific to any particular type of animal.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Question November 5th.

And why?

Humans are on top of the list indeed.

I do have a unrealistic fear of sharks.

I love them, find them beautiful but I don't like to encounter one while swimming.

Although a few years ago I was snorkling at Lanzarote and encountered a baby Angelshark, and I was thrilled and happy.

Of course a few moments later all the other fishies formed a defensive bubble and something big appeared from the shadows, I got out of the water as quick as I could...

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 10

Question November 5th.

And why?

People & skunks for very similar reasons; i.e., they both thoughtlessly make the world a more noxious place by their innate actions or reactions.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, TGP said:

Full Grown Polar Bears...

We were at a wildlife park a couple of years ago and we made a point of going to see the Polar Bear feeding. The enclosure had 2 gorgeous fully grown males and even though they were suitably massive, we weren't scared at all. How could we be scared of something so fuzzy?

Until one of them growled.

You ever heard a noise so deep and menacing that it reverberates through your lungs? The whole group of visitors, as one, took an involuntary step back away from the enclosure as our collective racial memories kicked in and remembered that we used to stay in caves, hiding away from monsters like that. 

They're still cute, but I was extremely glad there was a sturdy fence between us.

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question November 5th.

Centipedes. They're eldritch horrors masquerading as arthropods :zombie:

And why?

LOOK AT IT!!!!! 

943452986_mother-centipede-babies-696x522(1).jpg.18a46985fc2919523f766726b70c7587.jpg

I had to use a touch screen to get this pic. ***washes hands repeatedly***

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 4
  • Haha 7

Question November 5th.

And why?

I think everyone has the people angle covered, and I heartily agree. But for me it's ticks. Can't feel them on you, they can be really hard to spot, and there are a number of terrible diseases they can transfer. Rocky Mountain spotted fever and Lyme disease being the well known issues. But now we have the Lone Star tick (so called for the single star pattern on its shell, and not for the state of Texas) showing up in my region. They carry a type of sugar molecule called Alpha-gal that, when transmitted through a bite, can cause the immune system to react in such a way that you become extremely allergic to meat from mammals. So, risk of deadly diseases or a lifetime of never eating pepperoni pizza again? Definitely terrifying. As for other, bigger animals that could potentially tear me apart... well, let's just say I'm not afraid of them, but I do have a healthy respect for their boundaries.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1