Reaper Virtual Expo - classes are now live!

• Super Administrators
Reaper Virtual Expo March 5-7th
We are still accepting classes, panels, game masters, vendors! If you or someone you know wishes to be apart of Reaper Virtual Expo submissions will be closing very soon at the end of January.
All sign-ups can be found at HERE!

splash (1).gif
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reaper Virtual Expo classes are now live!   Details for each class include: description, preparation, class items needed if any, PDF's and much more!   RVE classes:

I really want to thank Reaper for continuing this!  Its a great idea for classes and for getting to play and chatting with friends.  It will never replace the physical event (and I am hoping that goes

We are finishing the master schedule for classes soon, waiting on approval from all teachers before posting! We plan to have everything laid out and done by Feb 1st! This includes swag boxes and event

Posted Images

On 1/6/2021 at 2:50 PM, Reaper_Jon said:

We are finishing the master schedule for classes soon, waiting on approval from all teachers before posting! We plan to have everything laid out and done by Feb 1st! This includes swag boxes and events! this month a ton more stuff will start trickling out now that the holidays are done! 

Do you anticipate class kits will be available around the same time?  Given the recent delays in mail deliveries, I assume they need to be ordered by mid-February to ensure they arrive in time for the classes.

Will the class kits be similar to the Miniature Monday Kits or will they be just a simple way to order class materials?  Will they include all the materials needed to follow along with the class or will there be a separate list of non-Reaper items that must be acquired from other vendors?

• Super Administrators
On 1/22/2021 at 7:48 PM, ferret said:

Do you anticipate class kits will be available around the same time?  Given the recent delays in mail deliveries, I assume they need to be ordered by mid-February to ensure they arrive in time for the classes.

Will the class kits be similar to the Miniature Monday Kits or will they be just a simple way to order class materials?  Will they include all the materials needed to follow along with the class or will there be a separate list of non-Reaper items that must be acquired from other vendors?

The "class kit" is basically a Search function tied to the website. It will have the reaper items listed in the class section with a link to reapermini.com to buy what you're missing for the class. it will also have if listed by the teacher any materials that are non-reaper. 

Well I put in my vacation time. it'll start Friday morning after work. While I won't run any games, I may look into online classes & such.

• Like 1
  • Super Administrators
11 minutes ago, Pochi said:

I signed up for 6 classes. No sleep for me here in Australia!

Also the classes will be recorded! Just so you know, if you have a hard time deciding or you cant make it! 

• Thanks 3
22 minutes ago, Reaper_Jon said:

Also the classes will be recorded! Just so you know, if you have a hard time deciding or you cant make it! 

WONDERFUL!!  Now I can stop struggling with trying to decide between the Buttery Blends and Multicultural Skin classes Friday evening.

3 minutes ago, Humansquish said:

So I just looked at one class and it was through Zoom. I've never used Zoom, what are the network requirements? Are all classes through Zoom? Do I need to register with Zoom?

According to the Zoom support page, you need 2.5Mbps up/down to receive a 1080p HD stream.

If you watch YouTube or Netflix at all, you'll probably be fine.

12 hours ago, Humansquish said:

So I just looked at one class and it was through Zoom. I've never used Zoom, what are the network requirements? Are all classes through Zoom? Do I need to register with Zoom?

You need to sign up and make an account, I remember it being fairly painless.  AFAIK all the classes this time are on Zoom,  none through Twitch like before. You do not need a camera or microphone to participate. You get a confirmation when you sign up for a class, but Zoom doesn't remind you the day of or the day before, so make sure you put class times in your personal calendar. 

10 minutes ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Were the 2020 RCon classes recorded? If yes, where can I find them? I'm super happy the courses will be recorded; I have to work during most of the classes. If anyone wants to run anything on monday...::D:

They are on the Reaper Miniatures Youtube channel, but only the ones they showed on Twitch, not Zoom.  At least one class was recorded on Zoom, but I'm not sure where it is hiding (one taught by Ian Markon).

This is the Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgWoQe8KGU_b1k3xvAVxV3YXV_eJ0VDt3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1