Skeleton pirate conversion

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Brianuk
      Have finished off these skeleton pirates. They are all Reaper minis from the Razig faction in the Warlord line. 

Really enjoyed painting these. I worked up from a cream paint spray and a sepia wash. Lots of brighter but desaturated colours for the cloth and lots of rust and brass tones for the metal. The bases are resin, from a company called MVP. I used a sepia wash again at the end of the process and then an all over drybrush with beige. 

The plan is to pit these against the orc pirates I have been working on. I also have some Freebooter Fate minis and some dwarf and halfling pirates from elsewhere. Plus a load of Reaper pirates. Aaaargh. 

• By Brianuk
      Am cracking on with some opposition to my orc pirates. These are the Razig warlord pirate minis. The bases are resin (they are meant to depict trenches but think they will work here). Have sprayed them all with Army Painter skeleton bone. Then a sepia ink wash all over for definition and a process of going through and colouring in. Am going to add a cannon as well. Am going for quite a colourful scheme, that will be muted by the pre shading and then dusted up with an all over drybrush of off white. 

• By Sharkbelly
      Hey all, I thought I'd share a little guide on how I converted two Weapons and Warriors pirate ships for gaming. These guys are usually for sale at a reasonable price ($25-30) on ebay as part of the W&W Pirate Battle game. They have the added bonus of coming with two smaller boats and lots of good extras like cannons and palm trees.

Here is the unmodified ship. First I clipped the little extra bits that are for the W&W game, and then I puttied over any gaps.

Then I gave the whole ship a couple of coats of brown primer. For terrain and other projects like this, I usually use Krylon primer. It does just fine when there is not a lot of small details to obscure. I primed the sails white. The main mast, mizzen mast, and bowsprit all detach.

I picked out some detail colors and painted the decks a lighter color. The ships turned out like this:

The two small ships and the two boats in the foreground are from W&W. The big ship in the back is a resin model.

If you are looking for some ships for your games, this might be the way to go!
    • By BloodyBeast.com
      Hi,
      After finishing my Darkreach warband I'm moving to Razig.
      I have almost all minis I need to build my army.
      I would need your help on this project on both look and army lists. I have never used Razig in battle and I'm not going to use it untill I have fully painted playable army.
      The good thing is that we play at low ponts. So army of 500 is fully playable. but I hope to start with about 800pts.

So before I'll post pictures of minis I need to warn you. This would be 100% unofficial models.
      The most of this army would be made using minis and bits I bought some time ago and put them away at attic.
      Yes this would be a way to recycle them. But I would stick as close as possible to Reaper minis look and try to keep same atmosphere around the army.

This army has one of my favorites play styles, and I'm not talking about shooting models. The dead fish doctrine. This is my thing. Pass DIS or you wont attack!
      I'll write some more on this soon, stay tuned.
    • By BloodyBeast.com
      Waazup!

Long hearing from me, but here I am with new army idea.
      I'd like to make and Razig army this month.
      Here I'll be sharing all army ideas and build and paint progress.

Note: this is gonna be all 100% proxy army, I doubt I would buy any reaper mini for this army. This is supposed to be budget army made from bitz left from other minis (sorry reaper you don't provide that), but with high hobby factor. So lots of good painting here and 100% WYSYWIG. Also I'll be trying to keep my minis close to original in that pirate theme.
      I'm not anti-reaper I have some beautifull darkreach models and some tottaly random reaper ones still in painting progress, but I have some undead models left so thats why I picked Razig.

So here we go.

I'm still gone need to order some minis or at least parts for them. Mainly for Salty Sabres, Scurvy Dogs, and Weresharks.
      I'm also going to make special set of bases for them.
      I already have zombies, skeletons, ghouls and some dwarven cannons. I'll start this project next week.
  • Who's Online   24 Members, 0 Anonymous, 43 Guests (See full list)