02741, Nymph

Metalchaos

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By jwitham75
      Finished this up a few weeks ago. Tried a lot of things with this - colour composition art reference, subdued NMM, considering spot colour placement, using a wider range of colours for oil pin washes. Took quite a long time but I was pleased with how it turned out.

• By Metalchaos
      A little magic today! Here is 01402, Magnus the Wizard of Hope. This Special Edition model was sculpted by Werner Klocke and was released as a fund raiser for 9-11 relief. To my knowledge, it was also available on December 11, 2011, December 10, 2013 and December 5, 2014 during the twelve days of Reaper.

• By jwitham75
      Painted this a few years ago when Darren Latham put up his tutorial on textured cloth. I've since had a bit more practice with the technique - this cloak looks more like creature hide than cloth, but it's still visually interesting. The light coloured robe was a pain to get not-chalky, and it still doesn;t photograph particularly well.

• By Rigel
      He of the Gurgling Belly! The Famished Giant! The Gluttonous Prince! He of the Single Eye! The Horned Trampler! Monstrum horrendum, informe, ingens!
      He is a big beefy boy.

It's difficult to get him all in one shot! Here are a few representative close-ups,

and a couple of full shots, ish.

More partials: 

I tried something new and basecoated him in a GW green contrast (much of which is still the hair and beard) and painted Caucasian flesh tones over that. Ultimately didn't give the Frazetta look I was hoping for, but definitely worked better than my usual straight-out-of-the-bottle approach. 

The little (regular-sized?) fellows dancing around his big stompy feet are some Eureka fauns I've posted earlier, and an older, metal version of S'kara the Skoli (99869). I love the detail on this pointy lady. I gather the skoli are a Hellborn/Tiefling alternative, but all those extra knee- and elbow-spikes got me thinking a Fey Lady of Thorns would be a good scheme. That's why her glaive and armor are bronze rather than iron. Genuinely forget if I've posted this paint-job on her before, but a quick search didn't bring her up. So here she is now, perhaps again. 

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, I completed this elegant lady today. I started painting her during RVE (Reaper Virtual Expo). She was my practice model for Geoff Davis' How to paint hair class and Mike Wellington's Easy Tricks to Improve Painting Skin. 02749, Jade the Dancing Girl was sculpted by Werner Klocke. I painted her with Reaper MSP paint give her a simple 25mm base.