Sign in to follow this  
WhiteWulfe

Mystery paint sets...

A question comes to mind, since this is something being offered so late in the season (*cough*winter in a lot of areas already *cough*)... What will Reaper do if something winds up freezing? @Reaper_Jon

The offer is tempting, but acrylic paint doesn't get along with the cold as well as other types of paints do.. 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 1

Also, are any of the sets being sent to the UK or AUS hubs? It was suggested on Reaper Live that this might happen, but your statement of 'US store only' seems to suggest otherwise. 

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

Also, are any of the sets being sent to the UK or AUS hubs? It was suggested on Reaper Live that this might happen, but your statement of 'US store only' seems to suggest otherwise. 

You can get it on the AUS site, because that is linked to the US site. Since this is a limited run and using stock that we have here in the US factory.
But we are planning something for UK only, no details as of late. 

• Thanks 1

Curious if there's a reply to my question as well.  Ordering is tempting, but would love to have an answer up front about it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Curious if there's a reply to my question as well.  Ordering is tempting, but would love to have an answer up front about it. 

Since we ship all over the world, a lot of the time when people make decisions it doesn't account for weather in every part of the world, but i have brought it up, especially doing something like Christmas in July.. So I'm not sure what the help email policy on frozen paint it, normally we replace it. I shall go ask and get back with you.

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Reaper_Jon said:

You can get it on the AUS site, because that is linked to the US site. Since this is a limited run and using stock that we have here in the US factory.
But we are planning something for UK only, no details as of late. 

I'm really torn on this because, well, paints, but I got absolutely hammered by import tax last week. It doesn't help that we get taxed on shipping costs as well.You can appeal it if you think it's too much, but it takes forever and since I'm on a limited hobby budget at the moment so I wasn't planning on ordering anything from outside the UK/EU for a while. I was just hoping to have the easy option of the UK store, but I understand that's it's probably a logistics decision.

Anyways, thanks for responding @Reaper_Jon, it's good to know that you guys are listening to us! 

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kuroneko said:

I'm really torn on this because, well, paints, but I got absolutely hammered by import tax last week. It doesn't help that we get taxed on shipping costs as well.You can appeal it if you think it's too much, but it takes forever and since I'm on a limited hobby budget at the moment so I wasn't planning on ordering anything from outside the UK/EU for a while. I was just hoping to have the easy option of the UK store. 

Anyways, thanks for responding @Reaper_Jon, it's good to know that you guys are listening to us! 

Since we got the new bigger warehouse in the UK and now that were shipping stuff out each week to the UK, they will fall more into the normal production work flow a lot easier now. 

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Reaper_Jon said:

Since we ship all over the world, a lot of the time when people make decisions it doesn't account for weather in every part of the world, but i have brought it up, especially doing something like Christmas in July.. So I'm not sure what the help email policy on frozen paint it, normally we replace it. I shall go ask and get back with you.

Thanks in advance! 

Apologies for coming across as moderately aggressive about it, I'd like to order before they sell out, doubly so given the special "buy three get a fourth set". 

One other question: if you order all three sets, will they be 40 unique colours, or are there chances for duplicates if you do such?

And oh yeah, the July paint thing would be lovely, as it would allow those of us in colder climates to order special paints when there's almost no chance of paint freezing. I say almost none because we have had snow here in August, lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

One other question: if you order all three sets, will they be 40 unique colours, or are there chances for duplicates if you do such?

I know when they built them they tried to no do duplicates, but some may occur in the 4 sets available. But they tried to keep them all pretty even and non-duplicated.

• Thanks 2

Just now, WhiteWulfe said:

Blargh, went to purchase during my lunch break and already the B set is sold out... ::(:

It might be that some people are hoarding them in their baskets. Maybe you could put them in your wish list and it'll tell you when reaper purges their baskets? 

2 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

It might be that some people are hoarding them in their baskets. Maybe you could put them in your wish list and it'll tell you when reaper purges their baskets? 

Problem is I wind having to hold a cart open until that comes available.  Given how high the free shipping threshold is, the "buy three get one" deal is what interests me the most... And one can't do that if one set is sold out >.<

Wishlisted and hit notify, so here's hoping. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

"buy three get one" deal is what interests me the most...

This is on all orders not jsut getting the paint sets. Any order that gets $60 or more will get the D-Bag.

Secondly I asked our UK shipping guy, and we have sent bags over to the UK, i will announce when those arrive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Reaper_Jon said:

This is on all orders not jsut getting the paint sets. Any order that gets $60 or more will get the D-Bag.

Secondly I asked our UK shipping guy, and we have sent bags over to the UK, i will announce when those arrive.

Good to know such, but I'd prefer to get all four if I order, as it makes the completionist/collector in me happy (and why I originally asked last night, because I know how fast limited things go at Reaper). 

Guess I'll wait a touch and see if a B set crops up. If it doesn't, I'll have to think for a bit. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Reaper_Jon said:

I guess it's too late to cancel the order I made then, huh? ::o: I kind of panicked *slaps head*

Oh well, I'm guessing that the 4th bag wouldn't have been available on the UK site anyways....It's at times like these I wish there was a "stick it in the slow boat with the restock items and I'll get it in a couple of months" option ::P:

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Thanks 1