The Wretched figure ideas??

So I have a upcoming Saturday game that will have this critter in it:

636599007559599829.png

Apparently they are out of Mordenkainen's 5e book. I've never seen or heard of them before. They are a small Underdark creature. Anyways, no official miniature of these exist. Anyone know of anything that might come close to them?

Well, hey now!

MMF has my critter:

https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-the-wretched-127921

• Like 1
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/13/2020 at 12:38 AM, Chaoswolf said:

Squigs by GW look sorta, kinda like that.

I was also going to suggest that. Squigs are less leechlike and a lot more charming but they've got the basic profile down. Depending on how small "small" is the models might be too large, though. The lesser mawes also look like a good option. They've got more limbs but they have less pleasant faces. And who knows, they might be cheaper for you.

• Like 1

All good selections. If I hadn't found the stl files off mmf, I think I'd go with the Razormouth, as that is one mini I've been wanting to use in a game but never could think of anything to use it for.

The Mewes would work too, but being Hasslefree who know when & where I'd get em. Being that I'd need em in less then a month. Thou the Saturday game schedule might be changing due to player availability & weather related changes.

I've got the maggotmen & I used them as giant maggots for a RCon game. Great minis.

• Like 4

Another option would be to go snag some of the cheap dollar store dinosaurs and cut them down. Looks like you could grab some of the other animal ones and essentially trim the dinosaur tail to size, cut at the ribs for the cheap biped ones, and glue one of the heads of other things onto it and smoothing the join with greenstuff or, since they don't seem to have much texture for the skin, just use some of the patching compound and a wet brush to smooth it out.

• Like 1