Ebay core sets?

The Bones 4 prices on the Reaper Webstore are standard retail prices.  The prices you see in the Bones 5 pledge manager are special prices designed to fund the development of the product, create the molds, etc.  

It's definitely more economical to get them during the Kickstarter, but the retail prices are fair as well.

• Thanks 2
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They're a good price, even at retail. A person sized miniature in Bones Black is $3.50. The old material Bones are $3.00 for a human sized miniature. Compared to the Kickstarter price it's a big jump, but sometimes you can spend less being selective later than getting a pile of plastic super cheap. Back during the Bones 4 wait we all were doing math and finding out what we spent per miniature. It was eye-wateringly inexpensive that way, but we were all buying hundreds of dollars worth of stuff. 

• Thanks 2

I'll throw in on this.  $200 is fair for a $100 Core Set.  Remember, they paid $100, at some (negligible, granted) risk and investment cost, then waited upwards of 2 years to get it.  Then shipping/packaging is pushing $20.  So that's a very fair markup.  On the other hand, most sellers would take $160 probably.  Plus to buy it all retail you're looking at closer to $300, if all the models are even available for purchase yet.

10 hours ago, R2ED said:

Just figured it's a better deal in bulk to snag a Core than pick and choose.  I'm sure just getting the ones i want is less expensive, but i like getting some that are outside my normal zone to push me to paint different types.  Also, with that many, i was thinking painting and gifting them.  Good call though, and thank you. 

Edit:  Also, you can pick up the entire Core and sell off what you don't want.  Subsidizes your hobby and helps someone else get specific minis.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
4 hours ago, R2ED said:

I'm already way deep on the Bones 5 pledge, but want some stuff to get me through April.  With Covid kicking into high gear and shutdowns happening already,i want to be ready to hunker down with my hobby.

Miniature Market should have a sale this month. Reaper should also have some sort of Black Friday (although it's usually one big item, such as a bust or dragon figure). 

When it comes to supply and demand, there is no "fair". Either the market buys it at a certain price, or it doesn't. 

• Like 3
On 11/13/2020 at 9:55 PM, ced1106 said:

When it comes to supply and demand, there is no "fair". Either the market buys it at a certain price, or it doesn't. 

Can't emphasize this enough.  It's worth what people pay for it.  Some people are willing to stretch more than others are willing, but those that purchase are the ones that set the price.  

If you are patient however, you can find good deals on ebay if you want to put the effort and time into watching the auctions.

• Like 3