Sign in to follow this  
Guyra

Ettinstone: Versatile, Magnetic Terrain Tiles

So here's Ettinstone, a tile system that should work with most other 25mm tile systems. It's magnetic, double sided, versatile, and super easy to build with. Also it's roughly about $1.20 per 2x2 tile before shipping at the lowest level, and about $1.00 per tile at the highest level. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1215751272/ettinstone/

ettinstone.png.854e331a95e9f6a4ceb5b84ccbc1d055.png

The tiles are made in ABS plastic, so it won't break easily either. :)

The Gallant Goblin made a video that really shows off how quick it is to assemble, disassemble, and reassemble with this set, as well as showing how well it works with both Warlock and Dwarven Forge tiles. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvehn-WzpjU

Stretch goals at $18k and $26k for half walls(2x1") and quarter walls(2x0.5", AKA pillars/wall corners).

ettinstone-stretch.png.df58367d285e72281cd664448261c94d.png

Edited by Guyra
Funded
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately, the KS page doesn't do a good job of showing off how the tiles function. I think it's a great idea to have one basic piece that can be used as a floor AND a wall.

With this being a First Created KS, and the min/max point at almost $200, I'll wait for their next KS. I hope the KS runs smoothly, since it looks like a great game accessory!

The campaign has now been successfully funded! 

2 hours ago, ced1106 said:

Unfortunately, the KS page doesn't do a good job of showing off how the tiles function. I think it's a great idea to have one basic piece that can be used as a floor AND a wall.

Yeah, I absolutely agree it doesn't. That's why I linked to the Gallant Goblin video, as it does show them off quite well. :)

This KS has reached funding, and is climbing slowly towards the first stretch goal. A bit far away, but there's still 12 days to go! :)

Edited by Guyra

As a small, surprise, thank you reward for making the Ettinstone project a reality, all backers are getting this 1" pin. :)

ettinstone-pin.png.37ce48447ed7dcd4332d90d4b1f05e16.png

Ending in 40 hours! At $13k at the moment. Production is starting, and they think at least US backers will have their tiles before the holidays. :)

They've also added a leather dice cup for everyone. :)

This looks like surprisingly useful stuff. If nothing else it looks like it would work really well for quick on-the-fly 2D-ish floor layouts, in combination with dropping in other freestanding dressings (furniture, stalactites,  doors etc.), especially if they get to the half-block stretch goal. Hope it goes well enough for them to expand the system in future. I may have to just dip my toe for now... 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tordelback said:

This looks like surprisingly useful stuff. If nothing else it looks like it would work really well for quick on-the-fly 2D-ish floor layouts, in combination with dropping in other freestanding dressings (furniture, stalactites,  doors etc.), especially if they get to the half-block stretch goal. Hope it goes well enough for them to expand the system in future. I may have to just dip my toe for now... 

I absolutely agree with you. :) And the fact that it can be used in conjuction with other systems as well makes them extra useful.

Really hoping for reaching that 18k mark, but not holding my breath. From what I understand though, this is pretty much just them starting their business, and there are concrete plans for future products in the Ettinstone line. :D

• Like 2

Project has been successfully funded!

$14,187 pledged of $10,000 goal.
105 backers.

Sadly, no stretch goals reached, but the stretch goal products are planned to be released at a later date. :)

• Like 1

Aye, a pity about stretch goals, but I've high hopes for these lads selling directly, and I'm looking forward to my initial delivery. I've stayed away from Dwarven Forge etc for cost reasons, and others for perceived fiddliness and/or aesthetics, but I like the minimalism and resulting versatility I see here. 

Estimated shipping to Europe was absolute murder (heavy kit, I presume) which stopped me going for a higher reward, so I'm also hoping there'll be movement on that score... 

Edited by Tordelback
  • Like 1

Yeah, I've stayed away from DF and the like for various reasons, myself. :)

For me, this set will be perfect for "padding out" dungeons. I'll be using other items together with this, including other dungeon tiles(like OpenForge 2.0 with magnets). I've maxed out the Extra Walls of Stone from Bones V to use as walls for this - I'll drill some holes and put magnets in those as well. ;)

And yeah, the shipping to Europe was heavy. $40 for me. But it didn't increasy with larger pledges, so I figured I might as well go with the highest pledge - then there's less money spent on shipping per tile. :)

Really looking forward to seeing what else they'll make once they get their website up and running properly.