How things are going in your area?

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2021 at 10:59 PM, TGP said:

Errr, are you saying 15 weeks between shots?  3 + 12 ?

That is a very different implementation. Am I misreading that ?

I had the Pfizer, on a Saturday, and they simply said, try to come back three weeks hence. Get it scheduled… pick a time… and that was yesterday.

No, GB is doing 12 weeks between doses to get more folk some coverage sooner rather than the 3  initially recommended (it will probably increase vaccine effectiveness marginally too),

Edited by Orlando_the_Technicoloured
  • Like 8
  • Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

woot woot woot! I got my first covid vaccine today!!! Hope it's ok to post here. If not, apologies and delete away. Not trying to be controversial or anything.   In frustrating news I h

I got mine today too @Corporea!  #feelsgoodman

Honestly? Not well. Our local hospitals are at, or very close, to 100% capacity in terms of ICU beds and the children's hospital nearby has started accepting adult patients to try and handle the overf

Posted Images

Numbers are staying down here, so the LFGS has posted their schedule (surprise, the same as before) for when we go back to "yellow" which is supposed to happen Sunday. If all goes to plan I'll be back to playing Legion in the store starting Tuesday, March 16th.  Woohoo!  I should probably get painting.......

• Like 6
1 hour ago, NebulousMissy said:

It's gonna be a while...

We move to phase 1b later this month.  Mass vax events are happening, but NOT in the major population center I live in. They are doing them in rural counties which is great, I suppose for the 600 people who live there.  And while Texas has repealed its mask mandate, our governor would like to point out that he never ordered one to begin with. 

Gonna be a long summer.

154454525_10158851445156469_1167543706410852831_n.jpg.7c96873dd6f7b667dd4e439f491e96df.jpg

• Like 10
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Getting vaccines to rural areas is good. BC is sending some up to a few remote areas intending to get the whole community vaccinated at once, due to logistics of getting there and since those communities don't have resources for managing outbreaks.

I feel really bad for the cautious folks in Texas and Mississippi. At least staying home to paint is safe.

I submitted some blood samples in a self-collect kit to help a local antibodies research study. I didn't bleed enough with the lancets they sent to fill the dots they wanted. Hopefully it was enough to be helpful ::(:

• Like 5

It looks like Delaware is somewhat behind the curve, so we’re probably not soon.  My wife and I work for the same outfit, which is also (slowly) doing vaccinations, so we’ll see whether work or “home” gets us jabbed faster. ::P:

Perhaps under the influence of the RVE over the weekend, I was having a dream last night about being at a convention with my son and one of my friends (both con-goers in real life, so plausible as dreams go).  I’m certainly ready to get the shot and get back to some aspects of normal life.

• Like 8

We went back to yellow last night, so in store gaming is now allowed.  Hopefully it will last.

They are beginning to talk about planning to start talks to start planning to maybe reestablish the Atlantic bubble sometime soon-ish.  Yes it is pretty much that vague so far......We're starting to look at stuff for the track, and unless the rules change I won't be going any time soon.  I like marshaling a lot, but not enough for 2 weeks of self quarantine, each way.  And the internet at the track isn't good enough to just work from there all summer......

• Like 8

New Jersey offered to add me to their contact tracing software.

While they are just across the bridge, I have not been to New Jersey since the plague started. Makes me wonder about the state of Pennsylvania's own attempt at contact tracing if an entire other state is offering to add me to their software.

In other news, my sister and brother in law have both been vaccinated on account of them being Rich and In California.

• Like 7

Last report I read sounds like Alberta Health Services is moving to try and get the first dose into everyone over the next four months, and then focus on second dose afterwards. 

• Like 9

Mom & dad got their 2nd shot about 5 days ago!! They are planning to go out of town for the first time in, probably over a year.

Gaming last night actually wasn't that bad, the new setup at the shop is allot better then the pre-Turkey Day set up. I felt like everyone was engaged with the DM then before.

Still no word on when the workplace is going to offer the vaccine shots.

• Like 10

Just got scheduled for my first and second shots. After getting both my shots, and waiting a sufficient amount of time for immunity to build up, I should be good by May 1. Have already scheduled a game night with (the vaccinated) members of my game group!

• Like 12

There have been some slightly funny unintended consequences at work caused by how new jersey is prioritizing who gets vaccines. Several of the older folks in my department have been informed they will be assigned to on site tasks since they're the ones who got the vaccine. 

This is the reverse of the way work is usually divided up for us. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

It looks like our "Atlantic bubble" is due to reopen on April 19th, if there are no big issues in the mean time. Basically all 4 Atlantic provinces will be treated as one zone with free travel between without quarantining. 

That means I'll be able to visit my folks, and the track, without 2 weeks of quarantine in each direction.

• Like 7