How things are going in your area?

My work place is having a vaccine drive during the next two weeks, so I got up early and was able to snag an appointment on the first day.  So on the 7th, I should get the Johnson & Johnson vaccine injected into my arm!

Yay!!!

• Like 12
  • Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

woot woot woot! I got my first covid vaccine today!!! Hope it's ok to post here. If not, apologies and delete away. Not trying to be controversial or anything.   In frustrating news I h

Honestly? Not well. Our local hospitals are at, or very close, to 100% capacity in terms of ICU beds and the children's hospital nearby has started accepting adult patients to try and handle the overf

I got mine today too @Corporea!  #feelsgoodman

Posted Images

My wife went out to Bi-mart (regional "mart" chain) to see if she could schedule appointments for the 5th of April wave & she ended up getting her 1st shot of Moderna today!! They had 2 shots leftover for the day & they offered them to her & then she asked for the other one for me. I could have gotten it tonight, but I was it's AL game night at the FLGS. The 2nd shot is being saved for me tomorrow at 1130 am!!!

County continues to be in the dark red category (high, I'm assuming) which doesn't surprise me. I did see the county health commish is trying to get the state to separate the prison pop from the rest of the county, thus dropping us significantly in the risk category. I'm somewhat ok with that, as it would open up the county more but at the same time, I'm worried about what that might do to the county.

In other prison news, sounds like the state is slapping them due to the lack of mask use & other pandemic related issues. Since most of the guards live in Idaho, most of them don't wear masks (all part of how that state has thought this entire pandemic, again BUZZ, BUZZ) but most of them just don't see the need to wear them (as most of the Idaho is that way). Prisoners filed the complaints & hopefully something is done out there as it's gone waaaaaay to long & might actually lead to digging out of the hole they've got themselves into. Other things they got slapped was just conditions on how the prisoners have been treated throughout the pandemic & such. Yes, they are prisoners & yes they got themselves in there by their own hands but yah they are human beings & according to the govnah, are more important then essential workers (:rolleyes:, again buzz buzz).

• Like 7

Hey, whatever it takes to get case load managed. Glad to hear you're getting your vaccination Haldir :)

BC is on the exponential growth trend. Had our first 1000+ day thus far. They put in some new restrictions but I think they need to tighten things further if they want to see decent results, especially since we're a lot slower on vaccinations than the states. When these restrictions were announced, a restaurant inland decided to do a huge protest party... and film it. Like good god people, what the 'eck are you doing?

I just want to not feel bad about asking a friend to go on a masked bike ride in a few weeks :( I can get up a 10% grade while in a 3-layer mask, and on downhill fast stuff the mask helps prevent eating bugs anyway. No whining about cardio with a mask on.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

My husband got a call from our doctor's office on Friday, they had extra vaccines that would go to waste, could be come in?  He asked if son and wife could get them too.  So all three of us got Pfizer in the arm 3 days ago, and second dose scheduled at the end of the month!!!

And I canceled my vaccine appointment thru my job.

• Like 11
8 hours ago, Citrine said:

And I canceled my vaccine appointment thru my job.

Yah I need to do this myself. I got tired of waiting on them to pick up the slack on this one.

My daughter (who works at Wallyworld) got her shot last Saturday. They've got J&J, so she is 1 & done!!

• Like 7
  • Members

Getting Pfizer #2 on Thursday, I was able to get in through one of the mass vaccination events the county had held by Kroger.  By the time my medical provider reached out to schedule me they were booked to the end of April already so I'm glad I didnt wait for them..

• Like 8

Because of my imminent move to a new region with a different vaccine (Pfizer), it seems like I'll be stuck driving back to get my second Moderna shot sometime in May.

I had my first shot in January, back the second does was supposed to be in three weeks. Then 6 weeks. Then 3 months... Then 4 months.

That's a 1200 km drive, and an over night stay, plus expenses, without knowing if I can schedule it during the weekend or weekday where I lost two days of work... for a free vaccine. So I'm slightly irritated at the whole process.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Sad 8

I've had 3 emails offering me a vaccine (I accepted the first one last month) and I was able to get DH signed up through the most recent one. So he had his first poke on Friday, and I get my second tomorrow.   About half my game group is vaccinated now and we are looking at in-person gaming by June 1st. 

• Like 8

There's a rumor from management that work might offer us Official Letters of Legitimate Reasons that we can use to prove we're government employees. That might bump us up the vaccine schedule from "dead last" to "maybe this year".

• Like 8
2 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

There's a rumor from management that work might offer us Official Letters of Legitimate Reasons that we can use to prove we're government employees. That might bump us up the vaccine schedule from "dead last" to "maybe this year".

That is strange ^ and confusing. If you worked in the IRS building that is in Austin TX you’d be in the Please-Sign-Up-Now! category. Like I reported previously, it is all persons 16 and older, as of this week. 

Remind me why an IRS building access badge is insufficient proof of being a government employee [?]

14 hours ago, TGP said:

11.5M out of 29.4M vaccinated. 

State has been allocated 2.5M (million) doses for this week. 

That 11 million is number of people who have had one shot. The newsie people don’t try to break it down by the different vaccines, or mention how large the subset that have had two doses is.

Still it’s a bit over a third of the state population. 

11 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

I was vaccinated on Good Friday.  Second dose for me and Awesome Wife is the Friday of our anniversary weekend.  Not like we were going anywhere anyways.

It kicks some people hard. But others? no noticeable effects. 

I had no side FX at all from either Pfizer dose. The only thing was it was just a little sore around the site. I only felt that if I pushed on it or poked at it. I found that rubbing it vigorously dispersed the sensation and made it go away faster. 

But a cousin who is two years older than me got fever/migraine/aches/fatigue and was down and out for a day after Moderna #2. 

Now I am wondering if really did anything for me.

(If you don’t feel it :unsure: did it work?)

• Like 5
10 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

Because of my imminent move to a new region with a different vaccine (Pfizer), it seems like I'll be stuck driving back to get my second Moderna shot sometime in May.

I had my first shot in January, back the second does was supposed to be in three weeks. Then 6 weeks. Then 3 months... Then 4 months.

That's a 1200 km drive, and an over night stay, plus expenses, without knowing if I can schedule it during the weekend or weekday where I lost two days of work... for a free vaccine. So I'm slightly irritated at the whole process.

Can you contact whoever you got first dose from and request number two before you leave?

The medical people here were very keen to schedule the second appointment and at the minimum interval before I left the building. They acted as if receiving dose one obligated them to allocate a dose in a freezer somewhere for me AND it obligated me to come back to get it, from them. Essential for their records to be clean and tidy!

If you think about it, doing anything else with two-dose vaccines, is just begging for for snarl-ups like you’ve described. 

• Like 3

Work kept saying they were going to do an on-site clinic, but nothing has come of it.  I got tired of waiting so I signed up for the set of shots with a local pharmacy.

But not the one the FBI was at last week.  That seems suspicious. 

• Like 3