How things are going in your area?

39 minutes ago, TGP said:

Can you contact whoever you got first dose from and request number two before you leave?

The medical people here were very keen to schedule the second appointment and at the minimum interval before I left the building. They acted as if receiving dose one obligated them to allocate a dose in a freezer somewhere for me AND it obligated me to come back to get it, from them. Essential for their records to be clean and tidy!

If you think about it, doing anything else with two-dose vaccines, is just begging for for snarl-ups like you’ve described. 

Considering the next shipment of Moderna vaccines in this area is only in May, I have no choice but to be patient.

As for other vaccines, if I was to get the Pfizer vaccine, I'd still be on the waiting list for the first dose. And currently, it's not recommended to mix vaccines (research is ongoing).

The Canadian roll out for vaccines has been slower than most expected.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 2
  • Sad 4
  • Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

woot woot woot! I got my first covid vaccine today!!! Hope it's ok to post here. If not, apologies and delete away. Not trying to be controversial or anything.   In frustrating news I h

I got mine today too @Corporea!  #feelsgoodman

Honestly? Not well. Our local hospitals are at, or very close, to 100% capacity in terms of ICU beds and the children's hospital nearby has started accepting adult patients to try and handle the overf

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, TGP said:

That is strange ^ and confusing. If you worked in the IRS building that is in Austin TX you’d be in the Please-Sign-Up-Now! category. Like I reported previously, it is all persons 16 and older, as of this week. 

Remind me why an IRS building access badge is insufficient proof of being a government employee [?]

The badge lets me on a plane but doesn't let me skip the vaccine line. The letter will allow me to enter Group 1C which opens up next week. Without the letter I'm in the Low Risk General Public group which might gain access by late Summer. Or in May if the federal order goes through.

On the plus side, grocery store workers have access. Teachers got access the first round along with health care workers. All of my restaurant worker friends have had the shot which is good because a lot of people named Karen have been visiting restaurants for the past half a year.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, TGP said:

Now I am wondering if really did anything for me.

(If you don’t feel it :unsure: did it work?)

The CDC has said side effects range from very mild to severe but in either case you are protected.  Your immune system has been taught to recognize the invading virus.  Individual responses are due to a mix of factors including age, health, gender and others. 

As of this coming Friday anyone over 16 who wants a vaccine and can find an open slot is eligible to get one. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My daughter felt mild side effects after her J&J shot. She had a headache later that day & was a little sore in the spot but overall she was fine. She went to work the next day. We seen her getting groceries & she looked tired but she worked her entire 8 hr shift that day.

My co-worker is taking vacation the week I get my 2nd shot, so we'll see how the next night/day goes for me.

• Like 5

One of my coworkers works part time in a hospital lab and got her shots near the beginning.  The first shot didn't both her, but the second shot wiped her out.  She came into work but didn't even last an hour before she was sent home.  She barely made the drive back to her house and spent the rest of the day on her couch.

I am hoping to avoid that strong of a reaction.

• Like 9

I'm getting my first shot this Friday; Andi's already had his first (.. considering what shot two supposedly does, staggering them is probably a good idea). 

Probably still masked unto eternity though; my trust in people being sensible has pretty much gone away with ... um.. all of 2020. 

Much to my surprise, I'm getting mine from our local pharmacy. I didn't expect that; figured we'd be tramping into Tacoma or something for it. 

• Like 8
2 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

Probably still masked unto eternity though; my trust in people being sensible has pretty much gone away

Wearing of masks did a lot to put a dent in the usual flu season…different virus.

But the lesson learned is: masks are a good idea for flu season any year.

I intend on being in the minority that learns that lesson.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, TGP said:

Wearing of masks did a lot to put a dent in the usual flu season…different virus.

It's one of the rare benefits of all the social distancing/face masks/hand washing rules, it works for other pathogens too.

As it currently is, the 2020-21 flu season is at record lows.

The numbers were so low in Canada that they stopped their own flu vaccine program early.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, TGP said:

Masks might have helped but I'd bet that people simply not being allowed to go to work with flu like symptoms would be a bigger difference.  

One thing that would be interesting to see is how opening and closing of in person schooling  affected the flu in various states or cities.  I mean if I'm going to be experimented on I'd at least like to learn something.

• Like 7

:ph34r:

6 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:
9 hours ago, TGP said:

It's one of the rare benefits of all the social distancing/face masks…

But the true benefit is the way the mask improves the look of my face… :ph34r:

Edited by TGP
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5
21 hours ago, Auberon said:

Work kept saying they were going to do an on-site clinic, but nothing has come of it.  I got tired of waiting so I signed up for the set of shots with a local pharmacy.

But not the one the FBI was at last week.  That seems suspicious. 

And acquired.  Now to wait a month for #2.

• Like 9

My 18 year old son gets his #1 tomorrow morning!!

That means all of us in the house have at least #1.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Well at least BC has the online registration setup as of today. I signed up; it'll still probably be end of May-mid June for me to get Dose 1 if here.

Sir Cyr thinks we should go to Colorado to see his parents and get vaccinated sooner. They're fully vaccinated now, which is good. But travel planning is gnarly, and we'd have to arrange hotel quarantine and then at-home isolation upon return even if vaccinated. A friend can probably take care of our lizard. So.... I dunno. It is weird. We also have to update our visas here anyway, which may or may not be fast. They expire in December and renewing shouldn't be bad but I've been told it can be time consuming. I'd rather be here while in-process on that.

• Like 7
17 hours ago, TGP said:

:ph34r:

But the true benefit is the way the mask improves the look of my face… :ph34r:

Haha, sadly though, I look better looking when I wear a mask so I'm one of those who enjoys wearing it outdoors LOL.

• Like 5

I have a vaccine appointment on Tuesday! Not sure if 1st dose or only dose, I will get whatever's available. Had to skip town and cross state lines to get it.

Jersey just opened access to members of Native American tribes and since I still have my tribal ID I'm jumping on that. Philly access is still ridiculously limited and the mythical line-jumping note the IRS is supposed to give us is still a bold faced lie an empty promise.

Still gonna wear a mask. That way I only have to emote half my face :winkthumbs:

• Like 9