How things are going in your area?

On 4/13/2021 at 9:36 AM, Pegazus said:

Added: Plus a month for the second dose, so mid June. 

For Pfizer at least Texas providers strongly encourage (almost insist) on people returning 3 weeks to the day for dose number two. Does Moderna have a longer minimum interval?

It appears that some state official made it policy to do second doses as soon as medically allowable precisely to avoid situations like what has happened to  @Cranky Dog 

Also, they did not want second doses going unclaimed and eventually spoiling. They also didn’t want a bookkeeping—logistics nightmare of figuring out how many people from Houston got their second dose in San Antonio and therefore how many second doses that freed up to ship to Austin...

Somebody considered ^ all this and just went, “nope, nope, nope, nope, nope...”

• Like 2
  • Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

woot woot woot! I got my first covid vaccine today!!! Hope it's ok to post here. If not, apologies and delete away. Not trying to be controversial or anything.   In frustrating news I h

I got mine today too @Corporea!  #feelsgoodman

Honestly? Not well. Our local hospitals are at, or very close, to 100% capacity in terms of ICU beds and the children's hospital nearby has started accepting adult patients to try and handle the overf

Posted Images

1 hour ago, TGP said:

For Pfizer at least Texas providers strongly encourage (almost insist) on people returning 3 weeks to the day for dose number two. Does Moderna have a longer minimum interval?

Most of the Canadian provinces have adopted a "get the first dose to as many people as possible first" strategy, instead of focusing heavily on working out logistics of having the first and second doses being run at the same time.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

A benefit of working for my county health department is that I was able to get my 1st dose through work! MrBoot was randomly able to get his a day before me due to a 1-day vaccination event at a local university. He got Pfizer and mine was Moderna.

He had no side effects other than a sore deltoid for a couple days, while I spent the better part of 2 days dragging around feeling like I'd taken both a max-strength benadryl as well as a muscle relaxer (brain foggy and feeling like I weighed several hundred pounds). It was a very weird feeling, and I'm hoping my second dose doesn't wipe me out completely. 

Washington state is opening up vaccination availability to everyone 16+ today; everyone at work is braced for a flood of appointments and phone calls. :) 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 8

Today’s TV news people headline was this:

The Texas Motors Speedway Racetrack vaccination site set a new record for number of doses administered in a day:

This was their highest total ever. It might be the record for any vaccination site anywhere in the US. (TMS is in Denton County, same county as Reaper, but further West and slightly South.) I know for a fact they have been accepting people from adjacent counties at this site as well. Anyone within driving distance. 

Edited to add two pictures:

V_INTRO-DENTON-CO-VACCINES-9P_00.00.44.2

As you can see they are operating 16 lanes wide. Each Marquee/Tent can receive four cars simultaneously. 

2-%20TMS%20vaccines
I don’t know what the three stages are but each car passing through visits 3 tents. 

Edited by TGP
Pix
  • Like 9

Sorry, I removed my post.

It was getting to political I think.

Let's just keep it at:

We Dutch are making a fool of ourselves and stay in lockdown because of certain incompetent people.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Sad 11

@Glitterwolf I think we're about to get some long overdue restrictions here too. Not everyone is maliciously not compliant but we're failing to fatigue and complacency. I hope I will still be allowed my planned 100km bike ride (all outside, masked up). 

• Like 8

Well... no restrictions set up today. More polite asking. BC did great with polite asking last year. It isn't working anymore though.

Canada has supply issues on vaccines too. It is happening, but ouch, the wait is painful.

• Like 5

Colorado is moving to local control of covid restrictions. 

default is every county moves to less restrictions - gyms and restraunts can be at full capacity, with social distancing. 

- masks not required at school pickup. 

Because what we need right now is a MORE fragmented approach. 

Cases and positivity rates are still higher than they were before September.  

22 cases per 100,000 and 5.5 % positivity hospitalizations are stable, not dropping.

looking closer the number of deaths has dropped really low here  .09 deaths per 100,000 with the US average .23 per 100,000,  

still 10 days till im fully protected,  I think I will stay paranoid a little longer. 

24% of the state is fully vaccinated, 40% with one dose. 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 7

Nationally and provincially, things are getting confusing again as the variants are hitting hard. Ontario particularly is getting record numbers of daily new cases. We had one case of a woman dying from the blood clot side effects of one of the vaccines (Astra Zeneca or J&J, forget which), so that one is on hold. :down:

Outside mask wearing regulations keep changing daily to the point that people don't know or don't car anymore. :blink:

The area I live next to (orange zone) is banning any travel from red zones without a two week quarantine. I live in a yellow zone and moving to an orange zone, so I'm "safe". :winkthumbs:

• Like 5

I'm more worried about the after effects affecting my night at work. I'll get my 2nd on Thursday, the 29th (I'm off Weds nights), but we get a load Thurs night/Friday morn. My co-worker will be almost done with his week vacation that week + I'll have a couple guys who are ok workers, but one guy is new & the other guy is kinda slow. So we'll see what happens that day.

I'm also hoping the after effects if any are gone by Saturday morning, as I don't want to miss the game that morning.

As far as how things going? I mention earlier in anther thread, the county has been downgraded to Lower (green), so things are coming back to life here. FLGS is adding more events to the weekly schedule. Ex is next Weds 5e AL will be joined by Magic: Commander play. Masks of course are still a requirement, but last night we were all at a central table with a projector screen for Roll20. The DM sits off to the side behind a "screen of computer screens".

• Like 7

The Moderna 2 shot has a 28 day period between first and second shot.

So after my first shot punched me in the face and made my world taste like pewter dust for 36 hours I've already put in for the day off for my second shot. Debating whether I should put in for more time.

Partner has her fist shot tomorrow. We'll find out what that shot is tomorrow when she gets it.

Edited by NebulousMissy
  • Like 7
13 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

We are suffering from a lack of vaccins due to our magnificent leaders.

Most people over here want the vaccin.

The situation in EU is quite bad, Im Italian and I live in Spain, both country are struggling with the lack of vaccines, as Netherlands, Germany, French and every other European country (but UK). They keep to postpone the date of the immunization of 70% of population, and both Italy and Spain (but I suppose Holland is in the same situation) have just started the 65 years old population range.
If they keeps doing like this we'll end up taking our shots not before the end of the year.

I'm quite happy to hear than at least in USA things are getting better and the Vaccination campaign is going well :winkthumbs:

Edited by Cicciopiu
grammar -.-
  • Like 6
36 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

The Moderna 2 shot has a 28 day period between first and second shot.

So after my first shot punched me in the face and made my world taste like pewter dust for 36 hours I've already put in for the day off for my second shot. Debating whether I should put in for more time.

Partner has her fist shot tomorrow. We'll find out what that shot is tomorrow when she gets it.

So they deliver the shots the "Philly" way back East eh? ::P:

I'm just glad my daughter hasn't shown anything from her J&J shot. Of course, grandma (my mom) is all worried, as grandmother's should be. ^_^

• Like 5
  • Haha 1