How things are going in your area?

36 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

The Moderna 2 shot has a 28 day period between first and second shot.

So after my first shot punched me in the face and made my world taste like pewter dust for 36 hours I've already put in for the day off for my second shot. Debating whether I should put in for more time.

Partner has her fist shot tomorrow. We'll find out what that shot is tomorrow when she gets it.

So they deliver the shots the "Philly" way back East eh? ::P:

I'm just glad my daughter hasn't shown anything from her J&J shot. Of course, grandma (my mom) is all worried, as grandmother's should be. ^_^

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

woot woot woot! I got my first covid vaccine today!!! Hope it's ok to post here. If not, apologies and delete away. Not trying to be controversial or anything.   In frustrating news I h

I got mine today too @Corporea!  #feelsgoodman

Honestly? Not well. Our local hospitals are at, or very close, to 100% capacity in terms of ICU beds and the children's hospital nearby has started accepting adult patients to try and handle the overf

Posted Images

The blood clot risk from Janssen is less than 1 in a million,  compared to 50 people in a million getting this per year on average.   The risk from this blood clot of you get covid is around 200 in a million, if you are pregnant it is 120 in a million, on birth control pills it is 100-400 in a million.  So no real reason to worry, just be aware of the symptoms and get medical treatment if needed. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

It'll get an appropriate label on it with warning of potential side effects, and get used appropriately. People have peanut allergies, so we label things processed where peanuts are present so they can avoid them. If there is a condition that causes an interaction with the vaccine, it'll be found and documented. But in general, Citrine is right. The chance of a blood clot is so phenomenally low that the "risk" is nearly zero. Not truly zero, but such that one shouldn't worry. I'm in that age group and female and would still take that vaccine if it was the one offered. Risk of covid health problems are so drastically higher, the risk/benefit comparison is in support of vaccination.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
On 4/16/2021 at 3:23 AM, haldir said:
On 4/16/2021 at 2:45 AM, NebulousMissy said:

The Moderna 2 shot has a 28 day period between first and second shot.

So after my first shot punched me in the face and made my world taste like pewter dust for 36 hours I've already put in for the day off for my second shot. Debating whether I should put in for more time.

Partner has her fist shot tomorrow. We'll find out what that shot is tomorrow when she gets it.

So they deliver the shots the "Philly" way back East eh? ::P:

I'm just glad my daughter hasn't shown anything from her J&J shot. Of course, grandma (my mom) is all worried, as grandmother's should be. 

Given how she still feels a day post-1st shot, a fist shot was an accurate descriptor ::P:

• Like 3
7 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

Given how she still feels a day post-1st shot, a fist shot was an accurate descriptor ::P:

But if it was Pfizer, it would have felt like a pfizt shot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2