How things are going in your area?

Well I heard May 6th is when our state mandated mask rule comes to a end, unless, the she extends it, knowing the gov' she probably will. Of course there is backlash over the thought have to continue to wear those "evil" masks that restrict sooooo much freedooooooomm!!!! 

County continues to maintain green status (which is good of course).

All I know is a week from now I will be close to 5 hrs into my 2nd shot.

• Like 5
  • Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

woot woot woot! I got my first covid vaccine today!!! Hope it's ok to post here. If not, apologies and delete away. Not trying to be controversial or anything.   In frustrating news I h

Honestly? Not well. Our local hospitals are at, or very close, to 100% capacity in terms of ICU beds and the children's hospital nearby has started accepting adult patients to try and handle the overf

I got mine today too @Corporea!  #feelsgoodman

Posted Images

3 hours ago, haldir said:

Well I heard May 6th is when our state mandated mask rule comes to a end, unless, the she extends it, knowing the gov' she probably will. Of course there is backlash over the thought have to continue to wear those "evil" masks that restrict sooooo much freedooooooomm!!!! 

County continues to maintain green status (which is good of course).

All I know is a week from now I will be close to 5 hrs into my 2nd shot.

It’s better than my area. The mask mandate ended last month statewide and in the school district this week. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

We're going in for our second shots today. The first one hit both my wife and I pretty hard with soreness, stiff joints, headache, stuff tasting weird and even a little bit of post nasal drainage. So while we're hoping we'll be lucky and at least one of us will get off with minor symptoms, we're preparing for the worst. We got all of our normal weekend chores and errands done early, stocked up on crap food that doesn't need a lot of prep, and even pre-made all of the animals meals for the weekend so we can just pull it out of the fridge and throw it on the floor whenever they bug us. 

Right now our county seems to be going in the wrong direction in terms of getting back to normal. I've got my fingers crossed that as more people are vaccinated that will change. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a vaccine for being stupid, or even a way to get people to take it if there were. So I'm not exactly hopeful. But here in a couple of weeks when I'm at full immunity there's a few things I'll feel safe doing again that should help us feel a bit more ordinary. Like going to the museum, or inviting other immunized folks over for games and dinner. It's not much, but I'm getting rather excited about it. Oh, and a professional haircut, really looking forward to that. The covid beard has gotten to nearly wizard levels of length and that sucker needs to go. 

• Like 10

Fortunately I received word that the Military have started vaccinating.

I will have to wait for it, but we will be vaccinated on the base by our own Medical Staff.

Pfizer or Janssen.

I hope it will be sooner than later.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Forum Mascot
Just now, uncleVimes said:

Told You I'd be moderated. Censorship is alive and well. Well, I'm off these forums then.

The post in question was replete with political references, and thus violated our No Politics rule.  There are no exceptions given for this, it is a rule everyone must abide by.  You are welcome to post things on this board and in its assorted subforums that are not political, to make some friends, to have a good time.  If the price for entry is too high for you, then it is regrettable and we wish you luck in all your future endeavours.  

• Like 5
  • Confused 2
3 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

The post in question was replete with political references, and thus violated our No Politics rule.  There are no exceptions given for this, it is a rule everyone must abide by.  You are welcome to post things on this board and in its assorted subforums that are not political, to make some friends, to have a good time.  If the price for entry is too high for you, then it is regrettable and we wish you luck in all your future endeavours.  

The entire thread is political... give me a break...

Is knowledge about medicine political?

Is calling people stupid who choose not to be injected with an experimental viral gene therapy (such stuff has never even been called a vaccine before) for their own personal health reasons a-political? Not hateful? not inflammatory? Ridiculous.

Edited by uncleVimes

To get back on topic.

I took over as technical lead for a team this past monday. Not because that was my official start date but because the guy I'm replacing took the week off and fled on account of vague reasons nobody wanted to argue with.

I found out yesterday that the reason one person on my new team hasn't been in, around, or online for the past two weeks is she's in the hospital with COVID. My new manager has said, and I quote, "I hope she can come back" so I don't think she's doing well.

• Sad 15

How is my area doing?

The travel restrictions are weak, but I suspect they'll help containment to the island, interior, and northern regions. The city-scape isn't really containable with these, but if pressure can be eased in the regions with less resources, that's good. The other restrictions have helped mildly on overall case load; my city had been up to 400/day, and now is ~230/day about two weeks later. Slow decline but it is happening. Sadly our hospitals are getting slammed right now, to the point that scheduled surgeries are now postponed. If we are over the cases/day hump just barely, the hospitals will be peaking in another week or two.

Every adult can register for vaccination now, but age 40-55 can get appointments booked for AstraZeneca and age 60+ has started actually getting their jabs with Pfizer or Moderna. It'll be a while for the younger crowd to book appointments and get theirs. Some small communities with high transmission rates or high risk are getting prioritized a bit early, and the efforts seem to be paying off there.

And... my big bike ride planned for Monday might end up mildly rained on, but not enough to deter me. A light drizzle will keep other people off the paths anyway.

Edited by Chaoswolf
removed reply to argumentative post
  • Like 7

MOD VOICE:

There was some unpleasantness earlier. It has been removed and dealt with. Please do not engage in any further sniping or continuation of unpleasantness.

Also, for everyone: this is a potentially sensitive topic. Please be aware of that, and be a little more thoughtful about what you post.

Your opinion on someone else's choice of medical decisions for themselves and/or their family has the potential to lead to anger, hurt feelings and arguments.

Let's try not to step on each other's toes, please.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Players today before the game was over agreed that next week will probably be a off game day due to 1 player has a family bbq he needs to go to & with me not knowing what my 2nd shot will do to me + this week is just gonna be hellish for me with my co-worker on vacation till next Saturday night.

Time to flood the game table with models & minis!!! :lol:

Statewide, cases are rising enough the gov'ner is shutting down some counties again ::(:. I really feel for the people affected by the yo yo effect of this. Sadly one of the counties getting shut down is just n(w) of mine, Baker County. So the threat of this pandemic is still going, no matter what you see with less people not masking, weather changing to warmer weather, etc etc. If we do this right, we can get out of this!

• Like 4

We are planning our first in-person game session for next month.  Everyone should be fully vaccinated by then, and with only 6 of us we're well below the limit on gatherings.  Exciting to think about. 

In other news we had a rough week with a sick cat. I think we came close to loosing her.  I was feeding her with an eye dropper for two days because she was so weak.  She was treated at the vet yesterday and is recovering quickly.  Demanding food now, like it never happened. 

• Like 10

Got my first shot courtesy of the National Guard and the local Moose lodge.  After my mom got her shots, I didn't consider myself a high priority to get a shot but these guys didn't seem to be operating near capacity so I doubt I bumbed anyone back.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4