How things are going in your area?

got my second shot on tuesday, things were kind of disorganized at the pharmacy compared to when I got the first one.  Ended up running a fever and having some other side effects for a couple of days after, but at least it's over with. 

More generally, work is looking at reopening the building I usually support some time in the next few months. So just waiting on official word to begin resetting all the stuff that's been off for the last 14 months. Which is nice for me since it means I can get away from needing to deal with all of the worst tech support calls.

• Like 9
  • Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

woot woot woot! I got my first covid vaccine today!!! Hope it's ok to post here. If not, apologies and delete away. Not trying to be controversial or anything.   In frustrating news I h

I got mine today too @Corporea!  #feelsgoodman

Honestly? Not well. Our local hospitals are at, or very close, to 100% capacity in terms of ICU beds and the children's hospital nearby has started accepting adult patients to try and handle the overf

Posted Images

Took the housemate to get her second jab today, so far she's got away with just having a sore arm and being rather sleepy.

Also took a wander 'round the town centre, nice seeing everything slowly getting back to normal now that lockdown is mostly lifted, although my hands don't like all the disinfecting (by the fifth shop they were pretty sore and red).

• Like 10

Just got the vaccination done myself.

It took a bit of doing and a mess to get it though. Originally, I'd been signed up for the Janssen one on the day they pulled it for a bit, and rather than the waiting list for the other, they put me in at one of the first scheduled openings when they started again.

• Like 10

After two days of trying on and off, we managed to get appointments.  It's two weeks from now, but I'll take that

Hubby is being all silly since it's the day after his birthday... "happy birthday hun, here's a NICE JAB IN THE ARM!"

• Like 8
11 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

Partner got her second shot yesterday. She was fine. Then we woke up today and all I hear is 'urrrrrrg.....'

She's gonna stay in bed awhile.

That's been my experience too. I got #2 on Friday afternoon and was mostly fine, but today I've been steadily turning into a jello blob. Fully expected since it's what happened last time, but this onset has been both more gradual and not quite as bad, but still a fair amount of lying down. Also generally achy in joints and muscles, though some of that may be attributable to the usual monthly unpleasantness as well. Not a fun combo, but I'll take it over getting sick. 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 10

I got my second shot (Moderna) Friday and, other than the ridiculous needle (I didn't hardly feel the first one, second one was like getting a nail in the arm! OW!), I was fine. Saturday? Ded. Trundle-mode engaged, and I pretty much spent the day being flat, culminated with a round of fever in the late afternoon/evening that made me really glad I had warm to roll myself into.

Today I'm .. a little blurg, but mostly feeling like I might actually be human, rather than a lump of vaguely human-shaped pudding. 

Left arm is SORE.  Left arm has been sore. I expect that'll last for a few more days.

But, getting there. Right now, just glad I got the shots, sore arm and brainded and all.

• Like 9
2 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

I got my second shot (Moderna) Friday and, other than the ridiculous needle (I didn't hardly feel the first one, second one was like getting a nail in the arm! OW!), I was fine. Saturday? Ded. Trundle-mode engaged, and I pretty much spent the day being flat, culminated with a round of fever in the late afternoon/evening that made me really glad I had warm to roll myself into.

Today I'm .. a little blurg, but mostly feeling like I might actually be human, rather than a lump of vaguely human-shaped pudding. 

Left arm is SORE.  Left arm has been sore. I expect that'll last for a few more days.

But, getting there. Right now, just glad I got the shots, sore arm and brainded and all.

Two more weeks until I get my second Moderna shot, I'll be grateful for having the next day off. Now it's the day *after* that that worries me, especially if I have some virtual meetings to host.

• Like 10
Posted (edited)

To my surprise, I'm finding that round 2 has overall been less severe than round 1 aftereffects. Round 1 I was flat in bed the whole next day, while round 2 I was able to do a tiny bit of puttering around the house. I'm feeling nearly better by now, energy reserves are still down, but I don't feel like my muscles have all turned to pudding anymore. Even my shoulder is almost back to normal. 

I now have a great deal of empathy for anyone who suffers from chronic fatigue; being unable to do anything but the most simple tasks has been frustrating. Even just taking a quick shower was exhausting! :wacko:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 10

Family and I are fully vaccinated. My second shot of pzifer was just like the first one. Soreness at the injection point. I'll take it considering the affects I saw on my family and hear from others. Happy happy. Still going to be vigilant but I'm not going to have to worry as much as before. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

hmmm work just sent out an email giving a deadline for back on site full time by august 1.

This likely means my department is back on site by early to mid June to set up.

don't suppose bone 5 would like to ship before then :P

• Like 7

BC continues the linear downward trend in cases/day, and hospitalizations are dropping too. My officemate just got to book her vaccine appointment since she's in a neighborhood with higher transmission rates (it went from 30+ in age to 18+ in age). Hoping this linear trend continues right down into squashing the nasty bug.

• Like 7

We continue to get get a few cases a day in the province.  Today they announced that 40+ could book their first shot, so my wife has an appointment on the 20th (Pfizer or Moderna).

Nova Scotia's daily numbers have dropped a bit, so hopefully all the restrictions are moving things in the right direction. Sadly the incidents of people violating the restrictions doesn't seem to be decreasing...but at least the province is generating some revenue from fining folks.....

• Like 7

Got the first stabby-stabby this afternoon!

I'm a little concerned that side-effects will lay me out, as I can't miss any time (having just moved and dealing with a major software change-over for which I am less-than-properly-prepared).  The second is scheduled.  Pa Strawhat's second shot did a number on him, so my concern about side effects is not just me being a worry-wart.

I would have much preferred this a month ago, but at least I've got one down.  Just a couple more weeks to go!

• Like 9

I have an appointment to get stabbed on the 25th!

Not the phase 1 trial I wanted to take part in, but dagnabbit,  I'm gunna use the good work of those researchers and people who did get to volunteer!

Most likely Pfizer, but may be Moderna. I'm not fussed over which one it'll be. Both are great.

PUT IT IN ME ALREADY NURSEY.

• Like 7