Jump to content

How things are going in your area?


Recommended Posts

It's kind of weird when you see the health authorities have their broccoli together.

 

i.e. Just got texted my 48h reminder for my 2nd vaccine dose appointment.

  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Cranky Dog said:

It's kind of weird when you see the health authorities have their broccoli together.

 

i.e. Just got texted my 48h reminder for my 2nd vaccine dose appointment.

I got a phone call.  It was kind of weird, because nobody calls me anymore, lol

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a call from my Commanding Officer, If I want a vaccination and he gave me a few options when that's possible.

I have te right to say no.

So far for staying anonymous:poke:

 

Anyway, as it is I will get one shot of Jansen ( only need one) next week, I will get confirmation which day/time.

Looking forward to it.

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife had her first shot (Pfizer) yesterday. They dropped the age for booking to 18+, so the kid is scheduled for the end of the month.

We passed 50% having had at least one shot yesterday for the province.

Hoping we start on 2nd shots soon.

Nova Scotia is still locked down. Extended to at least June 7th.  I wonder if Dave can get to the track to mow?  Be nice to know at least some motorized vehicle is going around the track......

 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

At work we can now go mask-less if we have ben vaccinated with the appropriate amount of time after the second dose.  Is odd to see mask-less faces.  Game store has the same policy.  

 

My work has the same policy.

 

There are enough [redacted] [redacted] [redacted]

 

Okay, that sentence isn't gonna work. Let's try that again. I know for a fact that many of those now-maskless people at work have not had their shots and won't get them unless held down. So I still wear mine because elf that noise.

  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

At work we can now go mask-less if we have ben vaccinated with the appropriate amount of time after the second dose.  Is odd to see mask-less faces.  Game store has the same policy.  

 

A lot of stores around here have dropped their mask requirements, but a few still have signs on the door. I still see a lot of people wearing masks even when not required.  I'm still wearing mine into most places. 

 

 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Canada has surpassed the US for 1st doses given, although we're lagging significantly on the 2nd ones. I suspect the hesitancy wall will take a bit longer before hitting, considering my age group is effectively up just now and we're pretty eager for it. Only know some who are kinda on the "wait, do it now?" level where they didn't realize they could get an appointment since they don't follow news closely, but still want it.

 

BC's 7 day average keeps dropping. Our restrictions are still in over the 3-day weekend in hopes of preventing excess idiocy; I'm mildly hopeful in that respect because weather is good, so people will be doing their dumbs outside instead of inside.

 

How long before side effects start hitting? Because uhh... I kinda want to go bike around the sea-wall after getting mine. While in my celebratory costume. People will just think I got off Davie St. It'll be fine. Unless I'm going to need Rest immediately. :winkthumbs:

 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

 

How long before side effects start hitting? Because uhh... I kinda want to go bike around the sea-wall after getting mine. While in my celebratory costume. People will just think I got off Davie St. It'll be fine. Unless I'm going to need Rest immediately. :winkthumbs:

 

 

The shoulder soreness seems to kick in pretty fast, based on what friends have said.  Both DH and I were sore within 15-20 minutes, but it wasn't crippling, just a bruised feeling.  DH said the fatigue hit him pretty quickly, too, and lasted about a week with the first 3 days being the worst.  Mine hit after 5 hours with about the same duration.  Both had mild body aches similar to a mild cold.   From my point of view it wasn't as bad as some RA flare ups I've had.  Mostly it was the dragging fatigue.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Canada has surpassed the US for 1st doses given, although we're lagging significantly on the 2nd ones. I suspect the hesitancy wall will take a bit longer before hitting, considering my age group is effectively up just now and we're pretty eager for it. Only know some who are kinda on the "wait, do it now?" level where they didn't realize they could get an appointment since they don't follow news closely, but still want it.

 

BC's 7 day average keeps dropping. Our restrictions are still in over the 3-day weekend in hopes of preventing excess idiocy; I'm mildly hopeful in that respect because weather is good, so people will be doing their dumbs outside instead of inside.

 

How long before side effects start hitting? Because uhh... I kinda want to go bike around the sea-wall after getting mine. While in my celebratory costume. People will just think I got off Davie St. It'll be fine. Unless I'm going to need Rest immediately. :winkthumbs:

 

 

The ridiculousness of metal mouth hit pretty quickly. The dizziness and headache also kicked in pretty quickly.

 

The soreness and ache and the normal side effects hit in after a while. Several hours. So if you're fine after your first 15 minutes you should be okay to bike around as the vaccine fairy.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

 

The ridiculousness of metal mouth hit pretty quickly. The dizziness and headache also kicked in pretty quickly.

 

The soreness and ache and the normal side effects hit in after a while. Several hours. So if you're fine after your first 15 minutes you should be okay to bike around as the vaccine fairy.

 

I have to at least make it home (11km) but the seawall is a detour and probably done on that Few Hours Later timeline. 

 

After having some ice cream. Because of course... ice cream. Hmm. 

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hubby and I went over to some friends' house tonight.  We had all been vaccinated.  Was really weird interacting with people face to face again after 15 months of isolation.  We ate burgers, talked about mmrpgs we had all played, then watched Army of Zombies.  Was a great time!

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2021 at 7:26 AM, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

At work we can now go mask-less if we have ben vaccinated with the appropriate amount of time after the second dose.  Is odd to see mask-less faces.  Game store has the same policy.  

 

We are still masked at work but for the most part, life is returning back to pre-pandemic.

 

Game st I re on Weds was just the owners son & GM masked (employee of the store). It felt good.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Last press release stated were up to 51% of Albertans with the first dose of the vaccine.  This is good news to me because it's a good first step. 

 

I'm also hoping we see that tapering and maybe even decline in additional cases per day, because that means they'll look at relaxing some of the restrictions.  It's all going to depend on how things look in about a week and a half though, or statistically, how behaviours were during this long weekend. 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

NJ still has masks required for indoors, for now. Supposedly that will change around the 4th of July. Except for my job. Education is masks required with no end in sight so far. 

 

I've been on campus about half of the days every week recently. Expected to go to full time sometime very soon.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...