How things are going in your area?

haberfront

Finally got my second Moderna shot this morning (first in line baby!) They gave me a signed piece of paper for my records, and 2 hours later I got an email to download my QRCode certification.

So far, only my shoulder is sore. And a week of waiting to get the full benefits.

Provincially, new daily cases keep going down (we're at our lowest since last September), and our vaccination rates are currently among the highest in the country. We're expecting to reach the 75% first dose vaccination rate for the total population of Quebec in a few days, with teenagers now allowed to get vaccinated too.

Looks like there's real hope of a "normal" summer out there.

• Like 11

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Cranky Dog said:

Finally got my second Moderna shot this morning (first in line baby!) They gave me a signed piece of paper for my records, and 2 hours later I got an email to download my QRCode certification.

Was this the shot you had to drive 2 hours for?  or did you find a work around? 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Evilhalfling said:

Was this the shot you had to drive 2 hours for?  or did you find a work around? 

Nope, this was the shot I had to drive 7 hours for (and just as much for the way back).

But all went as planned. Arrived yesterday late afternoon. Cleaned up the leftover fields of dust from the old apartment, vacuumed, bit of scrubbing. And spent most of the evening at my old neighbor's place to chat and left him my apartment keys.

This morning, I packed everything, final farewells, and went for my second dose, fifteen minute wait, drop by the convenience store to empty my gift card (large coffee and sandwich for the road, and two craft beers as a souvenir).

• Like 12

On 5/23/2021 at 6:22 PM, Cranky Dog said:

So far, only my shoulder is sore. And a week of waiting to get the full benefits.

So I guess I did feel some side effects that got combined with two days of road fatigue (muscle fatigue, back and neck stiffness).

I slept horribly on the night of Sunday to Monday. I was actually shivering and teeth chattering as I went to bed, despite the ambient temperature being normal. Then felt too hot during the night. And my shoulder was quite sensitive to pressure. And on Monday I had difficulty raising my arm sideways.

Everything improved as the day went by.

Two days later, my shoulder is still a bit sensitive, but functional, and everything else feels back to normal.

• Like 9

The mask rule changes came quicker than expected, most of them end Friday. but there's now confusion about what's happening with work. Masks aren't required for colleges, but in the last several years there's been a lot of high school student dual enrollment, and high schools are still required to have masks. so... no idea yet.

• Like 7

Posted (edited)
On 5/16/2021 at 7:22 PM, Inarah said:

if you are vaccinated masks are no longer required by law (but may be required by employers or business owners) and social distancing is "recommended" but not required. 

As of Friday, MrBoot and I are fully vaccinated! :bday:

To celebrate, I went grocery shopping after work on Monday, sans mask. It was the first time I've gone to a public place without masking, and it felt...very very weird. I'm not sure if I'm just not used to being able to see clearly all the time (stupid glasses), but I had this odd sense of vertigo the whole time.

Also, the realization that other people could see my face made me feel like the whole world was staring at it, which made me self-conscious about whether I was accidentally making weird faces. It's going to take some time to remember how to make socially appropriate facial expressions again. :lol:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Sir Cyr is off to get his 1st dose!

I'm having my mug of tea, showering, then off to get mine! Not going with the wings or the gold ! because the forecast is for some wind and those would not mix well while biking. Still will be covered in rainbows. The community center said I should be good to toss lollipops at people in line :winkthumbs:

• Like 12

second dose of pfizer went well, no sore arm this time, but next day i found i'd a fair amount of muscle weakness in it as i couldn't hold the hedge trimmer high enough to do the top of the hedge after about 5 mins.

I'll take that over the fever and chills some seem to get

• Like 10

20mi round trip to bike to my shot across town.

The forecast lied. The wind was mild. There was no rain. IT WAS GORGEOUS.

I am now on Team Pfizer!

Unintentional and tangentially related side effect: I totally got a sunburn. Whoops. So... hopefully I don't have a vax-rash (officemate got a mild one), because I won't notice with the burn I got going. I might have a band-aid sunburn around the shot area on my shoulder.

BC announced their plan for releasing restrictions. It seems pretty logical, and is contingent on case load, hospitalizations, and percentage of population vaccinated. BC is having a high vaccine uptake though, including in younger demographics, which is great.

• Like 9

Side effects so far: slept for crap due to mild headache and FRIED ARMS. I definitely have a protected not burnt spot on my arm from the band-aid. Injection site soreness is akin to what I'd expect out of arm-day at the gym, but very localized, and more tender to pressure. So not bad, just annoying. 

My left knee hurts from pushing too hard biking up hills to get there and back. Another only tangentially related side effect. Whoops on bad-knee. 

My sunburn is bad enough that reaching into lizard tank makes my skin ache - he has some chonky UV/daylight heatlamps in there. 

So be warned! Remember sunscreen for vaccination!

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

Second jab yesterday. Sore arm of course, then fought fever and chills all night. Super blah today, but Tylenol seems to be doing the trick on keeping the fever away.

Work has stated that fully vaccinated can go mask-less as of 6/1. And it looks like we'll be going back to full in-person work as of 6/21. My year+ of working from home is coming to an end. I'll enjoy going back in to the office, but I will be missing those beautiful days when I would work outside on the patio. Course, nothing to stop me from simply saying it's too nice a day and I'll just work from home for that day. Depends on my meeting schedule I suppose.

• Like 11