How things are going in your area?

2nd shot done. No mind control, superpowers or improved cell signal noted as of yet.

There was a cancelation just before me, so our pharmacist offered it to my wife (who would have been eligible to call on Monday anyway (although they changed that again today, so she could have called later today....) so we both got our shots.  The kid still has to wait a few days to get to the 28 days they want.

• Like 6
  • Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my 2nd shot on May 28, so I’m fully vaccinated now. My 2nd shot made me fatigued after a couple days, which the first didn’t do. 

Of course, that doesn’t stop other viruses from getting me. Dang babies coughing on me.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

I do believe today was suppose to be the day the gov'ner was suppose to lift all covid19 restrictions in the state. We didn't hit the number she set due to the massive drop in vaccinations given. Pretty sure this side of the state contributed to not making the goal as well. She did say, even if counties didn't make the number, they would be lifted along with rest of the state.

When she announced the news, I knew we weren't going to make the number she had set (70% for at least 1 shot, I think). Tbh, the restrictions don't really matter to me at this point, about the only  place I'm wearing a mask is at work (required) & at places that ask for a mask to be worn when inside. Most places I go regularly are at pre-covid stage anyways.

Currently we are around 68 - 69% vaccinated, as stated above, goal was/is 70%. Supposedly gov'ner's emergency orders expire on the 28th of this month. We shall see if she extends it again.

• Like 5
6 hours ago, aku-chan said:

Yeah, today was the day England was supposed to come out of lockdown, but that Delta variant is proving to be a stubborn little thing.

So another 4 weeks to go, hopefully.

It's taken hold in parts of my state, and sadly, we now lead the nation in numbers of new cases.  If only there was a way to slow it down and prevent people from getting sick. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

We went on vacation last week but Lady C got really sick, so we came home early. She was sick enough the Doctor ran the Covid test, thankfully came back negative.

• Like 6

No side effects from our 2nd shots.  The track is starting to plan real events.  So hopefully I'll be there the 2nd weekend of July.  They are running July 3rd/4th as well, but I'm on call for work. And I need to remember to not plan to go to too many as all that driving is hard on my back....

• Like 5

BC's 7 day average went under 100 cases/day, woot woot! Not too shabby for a population of ~5mil, with loosened restrictions. I like their goal of "push this down to something public health can manage like other diseases, in the background, squashing small outbreaks".

Just got news that the science buildings on campus are now extending research hours! Now researchers can stay until 9pm instead of rushing out at 5pm. Still other precautions in place, but this is nice.

Sir Cyr and I went to the university botanical gardens over the weekend. We biked there. Because it was a beautiful day and the lizard would've been SO SAD left alone and not outside, we brought Zevran the dragon to the gardens in his backpack. Lots of space in the garden to distance from other people outside. Good safe fun. The lizard enjoyed the sights, then got home and was rewarded with lots of bugs to eat.

Border is now allowing fully vaccinated people with permission to be in Canada (citizens, people with various permits, but no tourists) to enter more easily as first stage of reopening. Not enough to help businesses, but enough to let people with cross-border families to see each other, incoming international students with vaccination to avoid quarantine, things like that.

• Like 5
8 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

No side effects from our 2nd shots.  The track is starting to plan real events.  So hopefully I'll be there the 2nd weekend of July.  They are running July 3rd/4th as well, but I'm on call for work. And I need to remember to not plan to go to too many as all that driving is hard on my back....

So, y'all may have noticed I'm a bit of a pessimist.....I have good reason.  See that word up there? The H word.  "Hopefully".  All it took was that momentary lapse, letting a little optimism in....

Today, the day before the Atlantic bubble was to open again, and I could visit my folks and the track without restrictions, the premier of Nova Scotia decided to instead impose restrictions on anyone coming from New Brunswick, where I'm at.  He's apparently upset that NB went ahead and allowed folks from the rest of Canada to come into NB if they've had at least the first shot (or quarantined for 14 days).

(Note, I wasn't thrilled with the decision the NB government made, as I'd rather they be more cautious and at least make it if they had both shots).

So right now, even if you have both shots and it has been at least 14 days, you'd still have to self quarantine until you've had a negative result from a test administered in NS ....(the restrictions if you have less than both shots are even more severe).
Not sure how that  is going to be allowed when the federal government announced that in two weeks fully vaccinated Canadians entering the country will not need to self isolate.  Maybe I could drive to Maine and then fly into NS without having to quarantine...

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Seems our province is moving to be the first to remove the mask mandate in a number of situations, as of Canada Day.  I'm not quite certain about this, or how the last scheduled press event will be on June 29th.  It's a good sign, but it's also one I'm really hoping doesn't bite back. 

It's nice to hear that things are progressing, but maybe it's just me hoping we don't see a several month spike yet again by this. 

On a more hopeful note, apparently we've hit 71-72% with a first dose, and 30% with their second.  This is good news, but at the same time that first dose number seems to have lost a good amount of momentum, at least compared to last week's progress.  I can book my second dose starting next week, so I'm definitely happy there. 

• Like 5

Sanity (or the political equivalent) seems to be returning.

The restrictions on fully vaccinated folks entering NS have been dropped and everyone from NB will be free to enter as of June 30th.

Hopefully able to seem my folks in a couple weeks.

• Like 6

HOT AS BALLS. Zevran the bearded dragon might be the only one who loves this stupid heat, but even he's going "sun time, then shade time". I've taken him out in the heat at my own expense, sweating through my bikini top just walking a few blocks to the park. I biked him to the farmer's market on Sunday; usually there is a line. The heat meant no line and I could get lots of veggies! Pretty much he whines at the windowsill to play outside and eventually I take him outside or bring him on errands, at this point.

BC had just under 150 cases over 3 days. Our 7 day average is well under 100/day. Hoping it stays that way as province opens up a lot more on Wednesday - Delta may give us a run for our money. Vaccination rates are fairly high (like 78% eligible or something like that), and 2nds are coming up fast. Somehow it seems Ontario is speeding those up more than us - my work group's youngest member is out there and got her 1st one last of us, but scheduled her 2nd in early July. Projection for me is to be able to schedule mine end of July. Whatever - it is happening! Just gotta out-race Delta on the 2nd doses it seems.

• Like 8

Oregon is Freeeeeee......yah, ok whatever.

Covid restrictions have been lifted, even thou we didn't make it to whatever the mark was set by the gov'ner. Hopefully work will lose the mask restriction as well. Again, I'm all for safety but damn that mask has got to go now!

• Like 2

BC's emergency order expires at midnight. Both happy and pretty anxious over it. I'm not used to people again yet. I wish we (my group of people) were on dose 2 vaccinations, but at least those are going fast. I had dinner on the lawn by my apartment with some friends. It was good to do; haven't had that sort of thing for a while. Our case count is still low and the contact tracing team seems pretty confident.

Temperature in Vancouver is back to normal thankfully. However, Lytton BC, that small town that just broke All The Bad Temperature Records By Obscene Margins? Yeah that one. It will probably be gone by morning. Wildfire consumed it today. ::(: Lots of other fires in the interior too. I think Alberta will get the smoke with the current wind pattern, but I'm not sure. My lungs can't take the smoke if it comes here. I'll be going from a plague prevention mask to wearing my darn airbrushing mask if the smoke is around me.

• Sad 6