Custom printing rates?

Zink

1 hour ago, Zink said:

OK, high speed won't work with these. The details on top are way too fine. I tried one using 0.4 nozzle at the standard fast setting and it's good but not perfect. With the 1.0 nozzle and my fast settings I got a smooth rectangle with a hint of maybe there should have been something more. No big worries just need to take more time to print them. Worst part about the printer now is the wait times but I'm starting to relax about that. The printer hasn't been running 24/7 lately, only 4-8 hours a day.

Overnight prints are awesome.  Kick it off, make sure everything is going fine, go to sleep and wake up to new awesomeness!

• Like 3

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Cygnwulf said:

What printer are you using? My ender has trouble with a 1.0 nozzle, the filament just doesn't stay in the hot end long enough to heat through.

Swap out the heater cartridge with one with a higher rating(30, 40 and 60W versions are common. You probably have a 30 or 40W), or you could reduce the print speed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Swap out the heater cartridge with one with a higher rating(30, 40 and 60W versions are common. You probably have a 30 or 40W), or you could reduce the print speed. 

yeah, I've been able to get it to work slower but I have to slow it down so much that I might as well use a smaller nozzle faster.  the stronger heater is an idea though. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Overnight prints are awesome.  Kick it off, make sure everything is going fine, go to sleep and wake up to new awesomeness!

Have done that a few times but I'm nearing the end of the roll so have only been doing smaller prints while I'm awake and at home. Amazing how far that last little bit goes when you want it to end so you can swap in a new roll. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zink said:

I think going forward I'll weigh the rolls when I open them. Then I can reweigh them later and have a rough idea how much is left. Of course the way I am with notes I'll probably forget or lose it. 

Just write it on the side of the roll. That way when you lose it it won't matter anymore.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1