It takes a village

Evilhalfling

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

Nice work for the non-adventurous citizens.

I think I identified the part time beekeeper in the group.

He is from the town of Beesbury.  heraldic bees.  ::D:

I really had no idea what colors to use for him until the name of a town drifted through my head 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By strawhat
      I'm supposed to be painting HeroQuest Goblins.

Which naturally means I'm painting anything else (Mystic Circle, Thing in the Well, Mumlak, and Demonic Lasher).  But at least I'm painting!

First up was a bit of repair.  Mumlak's adze was broken when it arrived, but a quick pin later and he's almost as good as new!  I should have run the knife along the tusks while I was at it.  But I didn't.

Night One:

I wasn't sure where I was going with this guy, I was originally going to go with a dark brown for the bare flesh.  But that just felt like it would be way too much brown for my taste.  I eventually defaulted to the Neutral Greys triad starting at "Cloudy Grey" instead of "Stormy".  I knew I'd be using the Stone Greys on the adze, so didn't want to duplicate colors.

The fur got a base coat of Pure Black and a dry brush of Muddy Brown, Earth Brown, Leather Brown, and Tanned Leather.

The tusks are, rather unsurprisingly, the Ivory Bone triad.

The skull topper on the jug and the femur are Bone Colors, the bird skulls will be the Neutral Bone triad.

Night Two:

Drybrushing, so much drybrushing.

Rainy Grey on top of the Cloudy Grey.  Misty Grey on top of that.  The finger and toe nails are solidly applied Misty Grey.

The tusks have gotten the rest of the Ivory Triad.

The adze got its Shadowed Stone and Stone Grey drybrushing.

The bird beaks are the Golden Skin triad.  I don't know if the beaks should be more yellow than the rest of the skull, but that's the way I'm doing it.

The jug is getting the "Yellow Ochre" treatment.  I think I'm going to use the Terran Khaki triad on the shells on the jug, although it looks halfway decent with just the liner/wash mix.

I still need to figure out the cordage, earrings, and "washers" on the cordage down by the jug.  And there might be a surprise or two as well.

Thanks for dropping by!
    • By MiniPainterDMan89
      Hello All,

Here is a Dwarf Butcher 77460 that I painted up a couple months ago. 

Thank you for looking.

• By rubegon
      This is one of the Townsfolk from the Bones 4 core set, sculpted by Bobby Jackson.

I tried a couple of new things on this one.  I used clears (Magenta and Phthalo Blue) and Pure White to paint the dress, and the most complicated skin recipe I’ve ever used (3 Reaper and 3 S75 paints).  The face turned out pretty well, so I decided to try painting makeup for the first time - she’s a courtesan after all.  Also freehanded shoulder blades.

This is another mini that was meant to be a quick RCL paint job, but sort of grew legs.  In retrospect I wish I’d gotten the metal version - I couldn’t do much with that seal flipper of a hand 🤣

palette with skin colors (front 2 rows):

• By billeecats
      Back after a long-ish hiatus. I had to take a break from painting earlier this year because of some eye issues. No that I can see right again, I wanted to take a simple-ish mini to completion. I used the RCL limited palette theme for July. 

While the paint job on these maggots can be better, it's gratifying to be back to doing something I enjoy immensely. 

• By billeecats
      Blink has been sitting on my desk for months. I finally called it done on her today. There are issues, especially with the not so clean lines on the armor, but I just needed to get this done and move on. I am, however, happy enough with her face.