• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Darcstaar
      Sometimes you just speed through one.
      I had this one on my shelf for a while.  Pulled it down to try a new skin triad, and also to teach my son a few pointers.

Tried to weather his apron with some gouges and oil stains.  I also consciously made his pants like blue jeans, so he could cross over into other genres.

• By Chris Palmer
      This week I finished "Arakus Landarzad, Wizard" from the "Grey Beards" set in the Bones 4 Core box. I tried a couple experiments with this guy; one was using purple for the shadows on the yellow robes, and the other was using Citadel Contrast Paint to do the gem on the staff.  To read more about it see: http://allbonesabout.blogspot.com/2021/01/arakus-landarzad-wizard-bones-4-figure.html

• By Smallbunyanga
      Finally put effort into him. Had him since Bones 4. Everyone I've seen was doing Phoenixes and Birds of Prey.
      I went with the surprisingly brutal Blue Jay. They've been documenting slaughtering other song birds. Their preferred method is decapitation.

Anyways. Here's my take on Grimtalon

• By Iridil
      Hi all - here is the courtesan townsfolk figure from Bones IV. I learned that yes, just as everyone says, orange does not cover well. 100 coats of orange later....

• By DragonWyrm
      These are the figures I photographed, I still have some other finished bones 4 miniatures that I will get to (probably). I really should start using matt varnish more.  

Beast folk 
      They were fun to paint. One of the Mini-taurs seems to have a lot of skinned faces. not sure how I would feel about having undies like that.

Giant Catfish.
      Or just a small one to scale. When painting it, I searched for a reference. What surprised me was the amount of catfish with a different tail anatomy. In the end I found one that nearly fit the miniature to a T. Using that photo as a reference I painted my catfish. I did take some artistic license with the eyes and with the scales on the forehead. 

Crocodile Minner
      Now I did some conversion work on this figure and painted it using oils. The conversion mostly involves the axe the original sculpt had. It was an interesting shape, that reminded me a lot of a pickaxe. So I cut off the bottom part of the axe and got a vertical pickaxe (that I was using that week). Now the bottom of the axe had a decorated pommel? While considering if I wanted to remove it, I dropped the figure. Which resulted in the pommel, and only the pommel, breaking off. I was happy with that. The pommel can also be used as a lamp in the future.

Kobolds
      Given that I have already painted all the goblins that came with Bones 4, I was left with the Kobolds. I really like the sculpts of these kobolds, in fact I preferred them to most of the goblin sculpts. Yes, they all have eyes painted. Also, I really liked the rich red from the examples done during bones 4, so I chose red as the colour. 

Apes
      All of these were speed painted. The brown apes were done using oils, which proved quite effective for this endeavour. Meanwhile the albino ape lord was done using acrylics with a reference to an albino gorilla. Surprisingly the albino gorillas were fare more pink than expected, so it is a good thing I used a reference.

Famous Monsters
      These were enjoyable to paint. I did some basic research on the description of Frankenstein in the books and used that (yellowish skin, blackish lips). The bride of Frankenstein does have two white lines in her hair, the photos just don't catch it. The female mummy, who looks amazingly plump for a supposedly dry mummy (more like a wet mummy, which is strange given the Egyptian themes), had only the teal finished in oils.  

A possessed warrior, halfling mystic and a human bandit walk into a bar.
      I am really happy with how the shield on the chaos knight figure came out, the key was making a weak prussian blue wash over the grey primer and then just adding glazes of different colours. Meanwhile an amusing thing happened with the halfling. I was painting it and to add a glow to the skin I used the only bright yellow I had around me at the time, an alcohol ink. I finished off the figure, finally adding eyes. I varnish the figure and don't see anything wrong until the next day. The eyes a glowing a fluorescent yellow/green. This is somewhat strange given that the yellow is not fluorescent and meant to be permanent (even though it is a dye based ink, so not sure how much I trust that). I can only assume that some dye/pigment migration occurred or that the varnish reactivated the ink, but I do like the effect (you can't really see it that well in the picture).

Wyvern, the small.
      I was experimenting with making brown scales. In the end I do like the effect and will probably try it on a larger figure. I like how the base is a fallen statute.  

Snakemen
      I had trouble deciding what snake to paint them as, so in the end I did a combination of a couple. The black, white and dark brown was based on a cobra. the greens and yellowish browns on Inland Taipan (one of the deadliest snakes). The browns where based on the Australia brown snakes (also deadly). I also know the excuse for the boobs, but I don't really agree with it (even if I understand why it was done).  

• Who's Online   7 Members, 1 Anonymous, 46 Guests (See full list)