The Ancestors - Tenjin

11 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I'm thinking of using this as a Giant/Titan in my Nippon Army!

Did you see the Rune Giant from Rocketpig? Pretty good rep for an actual Rune Giant made by Paizo/Wizkids.

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, haldir said:

Did you see the Rune Giant from Rocketpig? Pretty good rep for an actual Rune Giant made by Paizo/Wizkids.

I did now!

Will think about it, it looks great but I need to take a look if I can print it that big on the Elegoo Mars.

This KS looks great, it's in parts so I know I can print that one.

With the BF Sale I might get the Rocketpig one as well..

And I saw more, but I need to restrain myself, did save them for later.

41 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I did now!

Will think about it, it looks great but I need to take a look if I can print it that big on the Elegoo Mars.

This KS looks great, it's in parts so I know I can print that one.

With the BF Sale I might get the Rocketpig one as well..

And I saw more, but I need to restrain myself, did save them for later.

Yah that MMF-BF sale is dangerous :lol:

• Like 1
11 hours ago, haldir said:

Yah that MMF-BF sale is dangerous :lol:

I decided against the Rune Giant for now.

The Tenjin from this KS will be an awesome Titan and I don't think I need more than one of those.

Besides, I'm Christmas Shopping for the girls, so I need to watch the budget a little.

Had this pop up in my feed of "you might like" kickstarters. It's an STL for a Japanese themed "mini" (it's actually a 10 inch tall 1/26th scale, so a big mini LOL), and it has a limited number of physical models they'll print for specific pledge levels. I pledged for the physical model (don't have a printer yet and won't have one in the near future). The model is absolutely fantastic, and the detail level is insane. I had told myself after Bones V and Marvel United, I was taking a breather from kickstarter to let my wallet recover, but I couldn't pass this one up.  They even designed it to allow for wiring so that you could put LEDs into the eyes, the sword and the gem in his hand so they could light up! Thought I'd share so that we could get through more stretch goals :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blackforgegames/the-ancestors-tenjin/posts

32c9963954c26ca8a48995187ef08ee7_origina

d8b997eed07e61841b7def1eba0f60a6_origina

8 minutes ago, bojesphob said:

Lol my bad! I must have spelled it wrong when I searched to see if someone posted it already :lol: I'll crawl back in my hole...:;,;:

It's alright, happens to everyone.  Eventually a mod will join the threads together ^_^

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By GlenP
      Sea Storm is a resin female pirate bust from Altores Studios in 1/9th scale. The piece is basically the head/body, the hat, pipe, and a loop earring. I replaced the earring with copper wire. Apart from some mold trash where the coat and torso meet, there were no major issues. Primed with my dwindling supply of Floquil Railroad Colors' Gray Primer and painted with Reaper acrylics.

Questions and Comments welcomed... ain't no secrets here.

Glen

• By Cygnwulf
      Been watching the previews for this on Bold's Instagram,  Some crazy cute models, this time sculpted by  Ismael Nieto.  I'm particularly fond of Bisa and Tori, the winners of the dino race, and the BatPacker is too cute.  Resin cast and STL like their last several releases.  I've picked up their STLs before and been very happy, Planning to try to swing for at least one in resin this time, though shipping from Sweden hurts.
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/boldminiatures/ismaels-collection

• By TheAuldGrump
      A STL Kickstarter for some dark fantasy terrain - support free, and optimized for FDM printers - Resistance of Darkness.

Story
      I exist only to serve the darkness. That is the sole purpose for which I was born. And every action I take, no matter how cruel or violent is for the benefit of us. You cannot resist me for long. I am the darkness. - Mourngaze

Lure adventurers to their doom or wage war with those who oppose you. Create a dark world and atmosphere for your tabletop games with Resistance of Darkness.

The core pledge is $35 Canadian - without the Stretch Goals. $54 including the Stretch Goals. $40 CA includes the dungeon tiles and walls from a previous campaign - without the Stretch Goals,  while getting everything, including the Stretch Goals is $59 CA. There are some Early Birds, but we just squeezed in on time, with less than an hour remaining.

Not sure how I feel about charging for all the Stretch Goals, but I guess it comes to about the same as having addons, instead of calling them Stretch Goals.

OpenLock compatible - which is nice, we have a fair number of OpenLock floors and walls, already.

It looks very much like terrain that would work for Oblivion, if anyone is running an Elder Scrolls campaign.

A free model is on the KS page, and looks decent.

The models proper look nicely Hellish - and would work for Dark Elves and Abyssal/Chaos Dwarfs.

The Stretch Goals include some expansions for the existing pieces, as well as a set of dungeon tiles and walls.

The Auld Grump
    • By dks
      I've finished another project that was on my to-do list for years.
      First the pics, then some more words:

This was a special resin figure from ReaperCon 2014 (April 24-27 that year) -- sculpted by Bobby Jackson, given to attendees who paid extra for the Artist Banquet on Saturday night. 
      I was supposed to paint him for Reaper's studio collection after the con, but I got distracted with other stuff and he fell off my list.
      He had the SKU 01529 for a while, and although he is out of production now, his clone will be back soon in Bones 5 as part of the "Dreadmere Personas" Core Set extra.  I'll try to remember to revise the tags of this post when he has a new 77xxx or 78xxx number.
      Ian Markon (Kuro Cleanbrush) painted a spectacular rendition in 2015 as "Knight of the Blood Moon", with red armor and wings.  You can find it here on the Forum by searching for "01529".

So far in 2021, I've been finishing some figures left over from years past ... and getting points in the Reaper Challenge League for it.
      This guy earned 3 points for the April theme of "No More Sunrises" (vampires and other nocturnal or subterranean monsters). 

I couldn't decide on a color scheme so I started painting a cool grey monochrome as if he were in moonlight. 
      I was going to add a warm light from behind, too, but I just kept going with the cool monochrome all around. 
      I concentrated on the differences in contrast and texture among the materials: armor plates and trim, cloak exterior and interior, sword (blade, crossguard, pommel, hilt), gems, skin, hair, teeth, stone steps, skull, etc.

I spent extra time on the face, as always, such as getting the blends very smooth. 
      The eyes are sculpted very large, which gave me freedom to manipulate the expression.  I painted the upper lids a fraction of a millimeter lower, to get just the right half-lidded look.
      And in order to make him seem more feral, I painted his scleras darker and irises lighter.  I did this a few years ago on a half-orc Pathfinder figure I painted (Skreed Gorewillow).

The specific colors were Blue Liner ("black"), the cold grey triad (9172 Stormcover Grey, 9173 Coldstone Grey, and 9174 Icy Grey, now out of production), Misty Grey, and Pure White.
      The blending was somewhat challenging, because the greys changed value from wet to dry!  Stormcover Grey dries a little lighter, and Icy Grey and Misty Grey dry a little darker.  On the back of the cloak, for example, I would see a spot where I wanted to deepen the shadow, and Stormcover Grey looked perfect while wet, but then it would dry lighter and the "shadow" disappeared!  So I had to add Blue Liner to the Stormcover Grey, and trusted that what looked too dark at first would look right when dry.  This phenomenon made it fun to paint little streaks of Stormcover Grey on the interior of the cloak or the sword blade, because the streak would go on invisible over the black, but then appear grey as it dried a few seconds later.

Enjoy!

Derek
    • By WhiteWulfe
      Odds are this thread may be a tad slow at times due to a variety of factors, but probably also because of the fact it's not only a resin conversion kit, but a recast one since you can't get the original one anymore.

Right off the bat, I have to say this: No, I won't be painting it in Kirk's colours.  They're nice, but I'm not one to always do the "canon colours" or "factory paintjob" thing.  I'm actually kind of thinking of some sort of patchy and "muddied" scatter camouflage based off of some sort of combination of Spotted Hyenas, Dalmatians, and even Great Danes.

^Obligatory "glory shot" of what I suspect will wind up being used.
      - Master Grade MS-06S Zaku II Ver 2.0 Char Aznable's (will mainly be used for the frame)
      - Universal Century MS-05L Zaku I Sniper resin conversion kit
      - SIMP/EVO Studio Zaku II (Ver 2.0) Grunts decal sheet
      - CJHobbies metal detail up parts kit (will mainly be used for leg thrusters as well as the mono-eye)

Yeah, it'll be a bit of a situation of not really using everything in that detail up kit, but such is life.  I don't want to try and figure out what size thrusters to get to work with the kit.  And yes, I know the Zaku I doesn't have the leg thrusters, but oh well.  Resin kit has them, and I kind of like that it's almost like it's a slightly modified Zaku I for better mobility.

^So uh, where's construction so far?  Well, truthfully?  This is where things left off, but will be seeing a decent amount of progress in the very near future.  Yup, you build the initial kit only to then take three quarters of it apart, whee!
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 1 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)