• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you keep that style it will be worn/older houses.

So poor farmers and villagers.

A village where something happened and left the remaining population in poverty and hardship?

Maybe an adventurer's party would be able to lift the curse/defeat the monster/find a cure for the plague...whatever causes this?

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

If you keep that style it will be worn/older houses.

So poor farmers and villagers.

A village where something happened and left the remaining population in poverty and hardship?

Maybe an adventurer's party would be able to lift the curse/defeat the monster/find a cure for the plague...whatever causes this?

I like that i can use the house without the legs and have an old run down house. But i would love some buildings in the same style but well kept up. Like a small tavern, or a guardshack.

• Like 6

I'd personally be content with fronts or facades that could then be extended in "2.5D" (i.e. low partial modular half-walls). That gives good photography backgrounds but also a tabletop-compatible open space.

Reaper's excellent Townsfolk include a butcher, a smith or two, and several hospitality professionals. So an inn, a smithy, and a butcher's stall would be natural choices. The pig cart already doubles as a greengrocer's stall, and Dreadmere has some fish vendors as is. 

• Like 7
On 11/29/2020 at 8:30 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Maybe a small pen for cattle?

I'd think something like fences would be a better option than a straight pen. More uses, and could, easily, be used to make a pen at the same time, and with the bones materials, they can be bent into the right shape with curves if they're wanted, so a straight, angle, and gate would be the main pieces needed for them...perhaps both a larger boxed set and smaller packs of pieces similar to the graveyard fencing.

Another thing like some "facades" would be interesting. Things like a halfling burrow entrance and some pieces for it in a set, add your own piece of foam to have the mound it's built into. The same sort of thing for an underground barrow or sweat lodge.

• Like 4
6 hours ago, Heisler said:

There are already companies that are producing buildings that would fit in that genre now. Would it even be practical for Reaper to jump into that market?

There's already some great terrain pieces in Reapers range, and having more available that work more directly with some of the minis is easy for shopping at the same place.

• Like 2

I'd love to have the terrain from dragons don't share, but don't need the dragon. The gibbet from Baba Yaga's Hut is great, but I don't like the hut enough to get that. A big problem with Bones terrain seems to be that it's cast en masse, so parting it out so that all the cool details that would likely sell well alone seems to be cost prohibitive. The terrain Reaper makes is good stuff (Not so much the anti-gravity arch ruins in Shadows of Ravenhome, it hurts to look at). I don't think that producing a village would be something that they'd get behind. It takes a lot of plastic and would have a lot of pre-existing competition. They have to walk a fine line between making something that is useful to as many people as possible and stands out from the competition (for example; I bought the graveyard walls and they've sat unused because I hate the skulls sculpted onto almost every peice).

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Fnordlover said:

I'd love to have the terrain from dragons don't share, but don't need the dragon. The gibbet from Baba Yaga's Hut is great, but I don't like the hut enough to get that. A big problem with Bones terrain seems to be that it's cast en masse, so parting it out so that all the cool details that would likely sell well alone seems to be cost prohibitive. The terrain Reaper makes is good stuff (Not so much the anti-gravity arch ruins in Shadows of Ravenhome, it hurts to look at). I don't think that producing a village would be something that they'd get behind. It takes a lot of plastic and would have a lot of pre-existing competition. They have to walk a fine line between making something that is useful to as many people as possible and stands out from the competition (for example; I bought the graveyard walls and they've sat unused because I hate the skulls sculpted onto almost every peice).

Same for me with the Dragon's Don't Share ruined tower, I'd love to have one.

Something like village parts would be interesting way to do both along with some smaller buildings. Windows, doors, chimneys, and the like...perhaps with wall pieces attached that could be used to mark them on a battlemat. Easy enough to cut free and use in building, and yet useful without modification to work for things. Hell, windows in the translucent plastic would sell pretty well as a generic thing there on its own.

Buildings and parts that would be around the size of the crypt or similar would work well at the same time. A generic shop building would work well there and function well enough.

A more general wall set or two would work well for a general terrain piece that would cover most game types from fantasy to historical to modern to scifi.

Scatter pieces would be an interesting start, something like a message/quest board, water well, and corner sign posts would be interesting. The gibbet would, probably, be rather easy to make another mold of.

• Like 3

I would be up for some small houses and such.  Anything larger would really depend on what it is exactly - I might buy like a tavern or something if it was hollowed out but it would depend on the price.

As far as villagers go, I think we have plenty of options for already for poor and common humans.  I would like to see some more non-human villager options - elves/drow, hellborn, dragonkin, dwarves, whatever.  Also some more richer type people would be nice to have, as in nobles.  I know there's a few already but I kinda wish they had more "modern" style fantasy wear than the poofy old-school noble-wear a bunch of them have.

• Like 3

You really don't see any buildings for halflings and gnomes. I think a few small halfling houses, an inn/tavern, and some market stalls would be a fun addition. plus they would be physically smaller because why would a halfling/gnome house have a doorway taller than four feet?

• Like 6