Sign in to follow this  
Kangaroorex

Holiday village

Awesome!

We need close ups!

Hmm, non combative....would be a shame if some Serpent Warriors would raid that village...

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

Hmm, non combative....would be a shame if some Serpent Warriors would raid that village...

Well, someone's gotta bring the cookies and baked goods!

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Awesome!

We need close ups!

Seconded! With maybe a snek for scale? :lol:

That looks fantastic, I especially love the dragons in the towers and the Rocky on the roof.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

If the cloth on it is supposed to be snow, no way, cold-blooded Serpent Warriors would a slow raid.

3 hours ago, Iridil said:

More pics! I love the village, but I want to see more of it!

Yes, this! Close-ups, please!

• Like 4

Okay,  I'll take some close ups.  currently moving some things around so when that is done I will take some shots of the busier areas.  thanks to everyone for looking!  The big new addition this year is the castle walls Friend of mine gave them to me a few years ago and I completely forgot about them.  I stumbled on them when I was reorganizing the basement (you can read cleaning out the accumulated detritus of a decade here.)  I had to do some significant rebuilding of the walls as they are old and were put together pretty quickly so lots of regluing and apoxie was used!  They are one of the old fantasy castles from GW from ages past.

Later!

• Like 5

A few more details as requested 

20201130_232949.thumb.jpg.b0a38d3e6f62d9d0488df96d987db9dc.jpg

A small group of adventurers getting ready to visit the dark caverns one more time before the solstice 

20201130_233329.thumb.jpg.f40462e0ce30355213fe1885f6297af1.jpg

The small band plays in the town square while the fan fox dances.  A small group of well wishers have come out to watch the performance

20201130_233405.thumb.jpg.822f4647e6c4184c21f8cf3d62989eb9.jpg

But not all is love and roses.  While the monk and brewer meet with the financier in the front, some rats rise from the riverfront to create a little mayhem but others rise to the equation to recommend they go elsewhere.

20201130_233125.thumb.jpg.062004c6ef78ef61c7c5b1bdbdcbb397.jpg

The druidic mistress of the house on high street take a moment from running the house before wandering out to the night but others skulk around the house with nefarious intentions.

20201130_233528.thumb.jpg.3b32b9b10fe7629e96a312fbfa375df8.jpg

Finally, at the towns center, the barmaid and bartenders begin to serve good tidings and festive food as the people begin to arrive

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mckenna35
      From the makers of "Gun Fighters Ball"

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gunfightroyale/gunfight-royale

• By Dan S
      It has been a while since my last post, I'm am just struggling to find the free time to sit down and paint or build at the moment.

Anyway, this week I got the opportunity to run some run some 'build along' model making workshops with the kids at the Youth Centre where I work, and we have been putting together little X-mas themed display pieces.  It was actually pretty fun being able to share and introduce a new generation to the joys of my nerdy hobby.  I was pretty pleased with how they turned out so I figured I would share. 

The base is just a piece of log, and the moose is a very cheap plastic toy (I repainted mine), which I managed to find at a local discount store in big buckets of 50 animals for £2, they really cheap and nasty, but actually paint up nicely.  Everything else is just standard modeling stuff, sculptamold, static grasses, clump foliage etc.

On another note I have not forgotten about or abandoned my Apocalyptic Suburbia Journal, it is still sat on my desk gathering dust.  I plan to get back to it in the new year.

• By Gadgetman!
      I assume that everyone is already aware that Midlam is running a new KS, but...   

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1662635043/classic-cloaked-halfling-adventurers/description

Story
      Throughout the land, small shadowy figures are reported, often just glimpsed out of the corner of the eye.  They go hither, they go thither! They are abroad on unnamed errands and secret quests.  It can only be...
      The Classic Cloaked Halfling Adventuring Party!
      A Set of 10 Classic Cloaked Halfling Adventurers for all of your Fantasy Adventures.
      Welcome to our latest Kickstarter Project, which we are running as a quick campaign, of just over a week.   Our plans for the year, like so many other peoples, have been knocked sideways and we are behind where we planned to be.   To that end, we intend to run this campaign for just over a week, and get the miniatures sent out to backers before the end of the year.
      The classic cloaked halflings project came about because the few halflings we did have with cloaks, always proved popular, and it remains a classic look.  So here we have male and female cloaked halfling with a variety of adventuring gear.

Now hurry up, you only have 7 days on this one because they hope to get the minis out the door in time for Christmas.

• By Punkfrog
      New range of scenery by Hammerlot Games.
      Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hammerlot/dark-stones-the-cult-begins

• By Jasper_the_2nd
      (Yes, the title is a throwback to a contest I ran years ago on here....no I'm not running another one, with today's shipping rates, ugh......)

This is where I'm going to work on 3D printed terrain pieces for Star Wars Legion, most of which currently are going to be spaceships.  Because why use generic terrain when you can be shooting Rebel Scum hiding behind X-wings and the like?

Up first is this:

All the FDM bits are there, but most of the resin bits (guns, ramp, interior) are still in a bin waiting to have their supports removed and cured.
      I figured I should get a thread started as maybe that will get me over that initial hurdle of actually starting.  This has all been printed for a week or two and just sitting there....plus I'm gonna need that airbrush booth for other things sooner or later....

I will, of course, be attempting to make this look somewhat like the original episode 5 version, not some retconned prequel sillyness.

Now to go listen to some Prism.
  • Who's Online   28 Members, 1 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)