Sign in to follow this  
Samedi

What is that little guy supposed to be?

Primed a mini from the familiar pack 3 today, it's a little guy sitting on the ground with a scroll and maybe some protective glasses on. He looks like some kind of puppet or robot. I mean the guy on the left in this picture.

Since I just paint minis for fun and completely ignore the gaming part I am unfortunately not too familiar with the warlord background. Are there any hints what he is supposed to be? Especially: Is he made out of cloth or metal? 

Thanks for your help!

44 minutes ago, Samedi said:

Primed a mini from the familiar pack 3 today, it's a little guy sitting on the ground with a scroll and maybe some protective glasses on. He looks like some kind of puppet or robot. I mean the guy on the left in this picture.

Going by the keywords "robot" and "construct" I'd say your guess was right. 

In the game, if you have a mage in your unit, you can add a familiar to give the mage special abilities.  The choice of figure is open to the person building the army, so a variety have been sculpted.  The little skeleton would go well with a Necropolis army, and the winged snake might be used by a Reptus player, but it's not a rule. They do not have points or lore of their own.  Some I think were made just for fun. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think it's supposed to be made out of metal... Some sort of clockwork homunculus. I'd probably go with some kind of copper and brass colors.

On the other hand, it's small enough that it'd also look just as fine painted as a cloth doll with big buttons for eyes.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all your help! 

I'll probably go with cloth. However, painting him up as copper and trying to paint verdigris also seems like fun...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this