Getting to know you December 2020

Welcome to Getting to Know You, DECEMBER 2020 Edition.

The rules as they currently stand (they're mostly suggestions)

1. Every day, or so (unless I am out or ill or something) I will post a question.

1.5. Should I be unable to post a question for the day a crack team of deputy quisitors, former quisitors, and random forum members are all chomping at the bit to step in and post one... 

2. In theory there is a 24 hour span to answer that question before the next question is posted.
2.5. (Rule 2 is the most frequently ignored rule.)
3. Questions are going to be posted between 8am and 10am hours Eastern 
4. Everyone is encouraged to suggest future questions to be posted via PM to me... 
5. You do not have to answer every question to play...
6. If a question is TMI or N/A simply wait for the next question.. ..or post that you decline to answer (clues regarding why can be fun...unless TMI).
7. weekend questions may be a single multi part question

December 1:

lets start easy, What are you working on this month? Is it different than last month?

Edited by Werkrobotwerk
shoot I posted the first question too soon after the rules
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My list for December is as follows:

- Continue painting T-Raukzul

- Finish some last minute tweaks to the Drakes as requested by my client

- 3 dog sculpts for Dark Sword

- A cat sculpt for a private client

- Continue learning and dialing in the printing on the new Phrozen Sonic Mini 4K printer we got last week

- Print the Robo-shark

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Currently working on

Revell Porsche GT-1 '99 "Champion" scheme

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgRRfpavQROeK40Y0wBRe

Started detail painting (last night):

Revell Porsche 934 RSR "Vaillant"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSULMfSxTy7mTfA-AQbxyQ

(hoping I have a beige color as it's needed for the engine on this model......)

Also, miniature/gaming stuff: My weekly D&D game minis.

These are mostly just primer & wash of dark color just to bring out the details.

Right now, I'm awaiting a resin print of a "Shadow Mastiff" from Rocket Pig Games. I've got the Nolzur's ones, so this one will be designated as a "Alpha".

I think with my home game the only game I'm running, I'm gonna start to focus more on 3d scenery/terrain for the battlemaps.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 1:

lets start easy, What are you working on this month? Is it different than last month?

I've been studying shape design and tiling abstraction and finally got around to some homework. I started relatively easy, tracing over a photo using 9"x12" oil medium paper. Unfortunately, it's tough to see through (and I was tracing from a tablet screen!), so the darks are blown out. This first attempt is way too fiddly and unfocused, but that's a first attempt for you! Got a lot of great insight from this exercise. I want to do a couple more to refine the technique, and then use them for painting practice.

Tiling_study_WIP1.jpg.5c7e574c3031f0855305e03f927ba273.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
10 minutes ago, TGP said:

Actually, Werkrobotwerk said this:

December 1:

Let’s start easy, What are you working on this month? Is it different than last month?

I was working on a hippo, an angry, angry hippo. And some other things. 

I have started nothing new. 
I will do well to finish a thing or three that are already started so it is unlikely I will start anything new. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Trying to finish the mess that is my paint desk this winter, hopefully before all the Croc Games Anubi I ordered come in the post. I have a 3 year rule, if it hasn't been used in 3 years, it's gone. My terrain projects need serious re-evaluating. I recently painted the cave bear by following along with Miniature Monday and want to send a pic to Aaron. Once the table is clean, I've got to pull the Lego out of storage and make kits so I can sell the darned stuff.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

December 1:

Pascal:-

rDUcFpL.jpg

And the Chimera:-

Klh9SYz.jpg

Have rolled over from last month.

Skefill, my Sky Dwarf Cannoneer:-

RjxktZ9.jpg

Is new for the month. I'm making an early start on 2021 being the year of working on my ever-growing pile of Warhammer Underworld stuff.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

December 1:

I'm taking a break from gaming stuff for the month. I'm behind on my creative writing, as I skipped NaNo, so I'm going to be working on that. I'd discuss it but... :ph34r:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

December 1:

One part is stuff I already started and didn't finish last Month.

20201101_195817.jpg.f762f57b97747a681419fa90fbb6fdc1.jpg20201101_195824.jpg.644c080a8622918934ff5b178a83983b.jpg20201101_195943.jpg.999fc36a0857def26a460cfcdf383f66.jpg20201101_195840.jpg.4e7e30f48f0f240b5859555786328edc.jpg20201201_165728.jpg.24e28f474a7c7dff917936a13e762836.jpg

Second part are a few new prints from Epic Miniatures and one from Infinite Heroes I just printed.

20201129_193715.jpg.c4b22a465d83d8cf2053c17655c075fc.jpg

20201201_154335.jpg.8b0dfb64fa4b2d808a1f476336f69ce7.jpg20201129_193649.jpg.1413471ef12dde50550c7e30ff0c404f.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 1:

Lots going on this month...

Hobby wise I'm trying to figure out a color scheme for the Wizkids Kraken. I was also trying to figure that out last month without success, so that one's a continuation. I'll probably speed paint my way through 20 or so PC's, NPC's and critters of various sizes. And I've started painting up some dungeon tiles from Archon studios. That last is also a continuation. My group also has two remote gaming sessions planned for December. Pretty excited about that.

Non-hobby wise I'm planning on doing some organizing of the basement and am volunteering with a local conservation group that has plans to buy a small parcel and turn it into a privately held parkland. It's a project still in the brainstorming stages, but I'm getting their required permitting paperwork and such prepared so it will be ready if they decide to pull the trigger on this project. Should have that done by the end of the month. Normally this is something I'd avoid because there is a chance I will be assigned the paperwork review at my day job, which means I'd have to recuse myself from the regulatory end of the project. Can't go reviewing permits you wrote and expect anyone to be fine with that. But, the project has the potential to greatly increase the value of surrounding homes in an otherwise economically depressed area. I've done a lot of theoretical work on increasing wealth/equity by improving environmental quality, so getting in on an actual hands on project that could do the same is fairly attractive to me and worth having to step away from the regulatory side of things.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

December 1:

Let’s start easy, What are you working on this month? Is it different than last month?

hmm

I still have to paint 1 more dragon to hit my yearly goal, but 

I hit a stumble on a wizkid gargantuan dragon - I don't like the colors im using. White is hard. 

so technically im still working on him.  WIP

I just rummaged around in my box of unpainted minis this morning and returned with the ogre chief in bones black, and a frog demon. 

I should actually apply paint to the plague doctor as well. some of the Dreadmere villagers might get thrown into my Que as filler. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, TGP said:

December 1:

I will continue plodding along with my Last Hurrah Projects. I have all sorts of Goblins, Faerie Folk, Mushrooms, & such underway. 

SO its the same old thing as always, but with a twist or two to make things interesting.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, TGP said:

December 1:

Still working on my infiltrators, been doing it for a couple of months now. I do a little bit at a time so it takes longer, but at least I've gotten half of them done already.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1