Getting to know you December 2020

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 11:

Are there any of the special paints that you use a lot of? (I mean the limited time ones with numbers starting with 09, like coal black ) alternatively have you ever gotten a really good sample bottle?

*checks the set he ordered for just that reason*

Big Top Red, Clockwork Brass, Rattlesnake Leather were all special colours I was running out of since I use them so much.

Edit;  I've always been leery of using samples too much, for just the reason that I can't get another bottle if that one runs out (or the tip comes off and I dump it into my wet palette, or whatever).

Edited by Jasper_the_2nd
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 11:

Are there any of the special paints that you use a lot of? (I mean the limited time ones with numbers starting with 09, like coal black ) alternatively have you ever gotten a really good sample bottle?

I have a Greyish/Blue sample bottle that I love.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 11:

I got my first bottle of your example, Coal Black, around this time last year and am getting awful low on it. Really love that color. Thankfully it's in the holiday paint set, along with some other colors I've never tried and am hoping I love just as much. Ordered that the other day so I should be set for at least another year. I've only ever received a single sample paint bottle, a very dark, rich purple color. It's quite nice, but I limit how much I use it because I know replacing that exact color will be next to impossible.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 11:

Is that like the old P3 Coal Black? I love that one.

One of my limited go-to paints was Ginger Cookie, just a perfect shade.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 11:

I have some sample bottles, but I've never used them as the Reaper paints just aren't my jam. I collected them over a few visits to Origins several years ago. I think they are the retired HD line. I should probably shake them up and find a good home for them.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 11:

59 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

I have some sample bottles, but I've never used them as the Reaper paints just aren't my jam. I collected them over a few visits to Origins several years ago. I think they are the retired HD line. I should probably shake them up and find a good home for them.

Like MavsMini, I have a box full of samples that I was sent with my orders that I have yet to try. As I recall they are mostly bland colors.

I don't like the dropper style bottles. I prefer stirred not shaken.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 11:

I am always excited to get a sample and I have used them on a number of projects but since they don't have a sku number they go in my paint drawer (instead of my paint rack) so they sometimes get forgotten.  I also don't order from Reaper much so I don't have many samples :down:

I just got a nice copper metallic paint the other day with my order that I want to try out since I want to experiment more with TMM.  My favorite is a nice verdigris, I like that it is thin and thus helps when trying to paint something that has slight weathering.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 11:

Currently Leadbelcher, Talassar Blue, Retributor Armour, and Black Templar. I've been doing a lot of work on my Ultramarines over the last year.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 11:

I have this thing against using paints that I can't just go out and buy.  Therefore I don't use limited edition or sample paints (except maybe the infinite supply of pink paint we get every year).  In fact, given the way Reaper has rearranged their paint ranges and discontinued paints in the time since I discovered the hobby, I've quit buying Reaper paints. A nice stable product line is all I ask for.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
11 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 11:

I like coal black as well. I bought more bottles than I'm willing to admit to last year. I use it for like almost everything. My other black paint is getting jealous. :lol:

As for sample paints I got a very pretty metallic orange.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1