Getting to know you December 2020

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 12:

On the weekend do you wake up at the same time as during the week?

Saturday is the only day I sleep in because I have things to do every morning for all the other days, also always sleeping in is not good for my mental health.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 12:

On the weekend do you wake up at the same time as during the week?

Previously?  Nope.

Right now?  Not in the least, but I'm working on getting things sorted out to be sort of like such.  Body prefers getting up a lot later than my previous job had me up at though.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 13:

What's the best software bug you've ever seen?

This question brought to you by cars in cyberpunk driving through walls to hogwarts, and swords that achieve warp 9.5 in destiny 2.

I don't play many video games these days, but I do remember the original Diablo. The item bonuses were all based on wording, so people would create their own all the time. They would just hack into it, write what they wanted and presto!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 13:

This question brought to you by cars in cyberpunk driving through walls to hogwarts, and swords that achieve warp 9.5 in destiny 2.

I don't remember the exact details, but back in the SNES days, I played Final Fantasy 6.

I've read about a bug/glitch that multiplied many of your items under certain conditions (other than the infamous item cloning bugs that require patience). If you pressed this combination on the keypad, it would glitch the sprites during battle, and afterwards you'd get tons of whatever was in your inventory.

As I was enjoying the game normally, I didn't do it. Yet during a boss fight, that keypad combination came up by accident. The sprites got all mixed up. One of my PCs was now using the bad guy's sprite (but acted normally). And after the battle, I had like 100 Excalibur swords and of other unique items.

After that moment the game basically went into easy mode (not a hard game to begin with), as I could sacrifice the unique items with throw attacks for massive damage, or sell them off for extra gold.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 13:

The Final Fantasy 6 multi-item glitch was a favourite of mine (back in the old days when it was Final Fantasy III). One I really liked was Autoduel on the COmmodore 64. You had a basic package to deliver in the beginning, but when I accidentally hit a set of keys the entire package just became a big glitchy blob. When I tried selling it I got the maximum amount of money, which meant I could get the best vehicle and weapons. It made the game easier, but it was still challenging.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 13:

Probably accidentally getting a vehicle to not only go into the elevator for the tower in Saints Row 3...  But uhm...  Game didn't take me out of said vehicle.

20130818_210308.thumb.jpg.6a7e2b8bf86a101b6e1c6bab7ee412f0.jpg

I can't remember if I tried to get it through the windows and into the pool or not though...

Nothing "legendary" or actually gamebreaking comes to mind though.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 13:

Can't recall anything game related, but I do work in IT.

Worst bug I ever saw was a simple incorrect declaration (int instead of big int I believe) in a major database, which cost me (and many other people) a week of sleep, netted me 40+ hours of OT that week, and caused enough of a mess that the company I worked for at the time took years to get everything straightened out....."good times".....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

As I don't play many games if not none anymore on my computer or phone (only game I have on there is Simpsons:Tapped Out) I'l have to default to a video my son & I watched awhile back about the top 10 glitches in games.

The two that stood out for me were 1: FIFA people mechanics get funky 2: While I can't recall the name of the game, there was one where at the end, the glitch was some guy shouting "SHAWN!!" through it. The ending was suppose to be dreary & dramatic so the constant "Shawn!!" was pretty funny to hear.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 13:

I don't know of many software bugs, I'm not very down with the computer stuff these days. Back in the day I do remember when Diablo 2 had a bug that let you replicate the Stone of Jordan ring, which of course led to the infamous use of them as currency online... and thus game patches to eradicate that glitch. That's about all I remember.

I swear there was also a glitch in Icewind Dale 2 back on the actual CD version that made me have to quit the game I was playing; I'd opened a door of ice outside, rested without saving (stupid me) and after the rest I couldn't get through the opening. It was like the door had frozen over and didn't have any way to reopen. But that was years ago, young impatient MvM may have missed something. All went fine when I played the GOG version of it (of which the annual playthrough is coming due).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1