Getting to know you December 2020

1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 17:

have you painted any holiday minis this year? Doesn't have to be winter holidays, if you've got a really great easter bunny, or a halloween mini or any other holiday, I'd like to see it.

I have not. To be honest, the only color that gets onto my minis these days is wash paints (Army Painter, GW, Reaper, etc etc). Last Saturday's game featured bare minis, wether it was resin or metal & I hated it. I need to figure out a way to get all the minis I need for a game & use  day in the week to give them a wash to define the figures.

About the only holiday figures I've actually painted are mouselings & those were for my Village of Hommlet-Mouseling edition I ran at RCOn a few years back. No pics but I painted up Santa & his helper (was suppose to be a encounter in the dungeon. He was going to give the players magic items) & the ghost (this one was a encounter as well).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

December 17:

have you painted any holiday minis this year? Doesn't have to be winter holidays, if you've got a really great easter bunny, or a halloween mini or any other holiday, I'd like to see it.

Well, there were Stormtroopers and Darth Vader in the Star Wars Holiday Special..... ::D:

But other than that, nope.

I did see that one of the "alternative Legion figures sculptors" had a free phase 2 clone trooper with Santa hat available for download, but I haven't downloaded it yet.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

December 17:

I usually do up some Halloween miniatures each year, but, like most everything else, that didn't happen this year.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 17:

Just this one :) 

It is my first mini to go on my tree - I sent a mini to my sister last year, it wasn't holiday themed was was a vignette in a clear Christmas tree ball. 

wrapping1.jpg

oranment.jpg

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 17:

Since I don't typically go for holiday themed minis, I tend not to paint holiday themed stuff. ^_^

If I happened to have some, I might paint them, but I have so many other projects on the go right now... 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 17:

Not technically. I painted some spooky-looking pumpkinheaded fellers a while ago (I think I posted their pics on here), but they weren't really intended for Halloween.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 17:

Been focusing on my 40k minis, so nothing holiday related. In fact, this is the first year that I haven't ordered any Christmas figures from Reaper.

Edited by Pezler the Polychromatic
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 17:

No, I have not. Don't go for the holiday minis much since I want each mini to be usable for any campaign/game. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 17:

have you painted any holiday minis this year? Doesn't have to be winter holidays, if you've got a really great Easter bunny, or a Halloween mini or any other holiday, I'd like to see it.

I don't really do holiday theme minis.  I painted a Halloween mini last year, but that was just to paint it, not for Halloween.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 17:

What is this "painting" you talk about?

Edited by ratsmitglied
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
13 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 17:

I am almost finished with the 2011 Sophie Christmas Ornament.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
19 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 17:

Well, there was that time I adapted an existing mini into an Easter Bunny....

DSCN9673.thumb.JPG.14b38f5008b78ebfb919d65b709d47db.jpeg.16290d15b3659c5961becb543b940daf.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
22 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 17:

This year has been very busy year for me, even painting some stuff is out of the question.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1