Getting to know you December 2020

December 18:

Since tonight is the "Oops all dragons" update for bones 5, I'm going to ask you some dragon questions. What is the collective noun for a large group of dragons? What do you call someone who raises dragons? what's your favorite kind of dragon?

Edited by Werkrobotwerk
  • Like 5
  • Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 18:

Since tonight is the "Oops all dragons" update for bones 5, I'm going to ask you some dragon questions. What is the collective noun for a large group of dragons? What do you call someone who raises dragons? what's your favorite kind of dragon?

Every time I use more than one dragon on my players someone yells run. So I guess a group of dragons is a called a "Run." At least I think that's what they're trying to convey.

Someone who raises dragons is called "brave," or "stupid."

The best kind of dragon is the kind that mercilessly eats your players. Also Red Dragons.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
23 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 18:

1. A Weyr of Dragons
  2. Someone who raises Dragons is called Lunch.
  3. My favorite Dragon is the Dracolich.
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9
1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 18:

1.  Flight

2  Stupid.

3. All

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 18:

• A flight of dragons. (inspired by the animated movie/book-novel)
  • A dragon regent, or dragon warden depending on the intelligence of dragons in a setting.
  • Tiamat as an overall favorite. D&D has made me a long time fan of the classic iconic chromatics.

Sarcastic answers:

• A Run! of dragons (same as @Thoramel)
  • Suicidal or adrenaline-junkie but loves his scale-babies.
  • Puff, the magic kind. Shenron being second it it weren't for those seven balls.
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

What is the collective noun for a large group of dragons?

I believe the forum filter renders this as an "Oh broccoli!".

What do you call someone who raises dragons?

A very ambitious poker player.

what's your favorite kind of dragon?

The slain kind, whose loot I am collecting.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 18:

Full disclosure: I don't get the whole dragon thing.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

December 18:

Hmmm, a Dragoon of dragons?

So obviously someone who raises a dragon is call a dra"goon"

I live in Colorado so I guess my favorite kind of dragon is the "magic" dragon :;):

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

December 18:

1. As others have stated, I call it a flight of dragons.
  2. A scruffy-looking dragon-herder?
  3. The kind that eat and destroy my enemies. Or the kind that grant wishes when you collect a certain amount of balls.

41 minutes ago, CashWiley said:

Full disclosure: I don't get the whole dragon thing.

UA-hazel-elaborate.jpg.4ec74fee759518f71046e729f942bf98.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

December 14:

SNOW QUESTION: Snowless, so far. It was a colder than typical summer this year but that hasn't translated to a cold winter . . . yet.

On 12/15/2020 at 7:27 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 15:

Do you have anything going in the background when you paint? music, tv, other stuff? is it related to what you're painting?

I don't. The TV is too many rooms away to even be an option.

On 12/16/2020 at 7:22 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 16:

for reasons I am not happy about, I need to get cookies for a wish dragon. Choose a supernatural creature and tell me what kind of cookies do you get for them?

Goblins: them I would offer stale cookies. ( Good suggestion: @Chaoswolf )

On 12/17/2020 at 7:28 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 17:

have you painted any holiday minis this year? Doesn't have to be winter holidays, if you've got a really great easter bunny, or a halloween mini or any other holiday, I'd like to see it.

No. I made some effort to paint Angry, Angry, Hippo (Avatar of Rage) but I don't think he/it counts as a holiday item.

December 18:

1) I vote Flight. I have the book called Flight of Dragons.

2) Dragon Raiser?  I think Dragons raise their own. But Dragon Tamer or Dragon Rider are the usuals in fantasy.

3) A Tolkien Dragon. He always drew them long and sinuous like Chinese dragons; BUT; without all the Oriental frillery, instead going for reptilian features like heraldic western dragons. That is what I was going for with this dragon back in October, when one of the daily prompt words was Dragon:

234FEF00-4E8E-45A7-8C7D-9F2AE963D69C.thumb.jpeg.56e649ed15e7c51a7cc1f7763b8ddbfb.jpeg

( It has a little black cat because that was another prompt word and because @Kuroneko )

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
6 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 18:

I'd call a group "hope the pizza guy brought enough food"... 

As for someone who raises dragons, I'd probably go with "maniac who has hands full, and also is hopefully fire resistant" 

And favourite kind? Hmmm, that's a tough call due to various reasons, so I'm gonna go with redacted... Although one of my favourite pieces of art involving a dragon has a red dragon in it... No, I'm not posting said piece of art, or the one with the purple-black noodle dragon... 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 18:

Since tonight is the "Oops all dragons" update for bones 5, I'm going to ask you some dragon questions. What is the collective noun for a large group of dragons?  What do you call someone who raises dragons? what's your favorite kind of dragon?

Depends on their attitude & where or not they want to eat me, but I'd say "RUN!!!!!" (Yes I know that is verb)

Keeper or mother/father

Memorable ones. The one from Dragonslayer comes to mind as it was from my childhood & I loved that movie (even thou it's wyvern, but still).

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 18:

1) Officially, it is a flight of dragons. There's even a movie by that name

2)Poachers, probably. Dragons are sentient creatures, and they're being stolen from their nests

3) I do like the gem dragons because of their psionic nature, but I especially appreciate faerie dragons. I mean, come on, who can't see the mischief in that grin?

image.png.19c8444fda25f9100af6df11104444dc.png

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 18:

1. A Sending.

Spoiler

A Sending of Dragons (Pit Dragon Chronicles, #3) by Jane Yolen

2. M'lady, if your survival instincts are intact.  "Yes, Dear" if your name is Samuel Vimes.

Spoiler

Lady Sybil by Nesterovych Daria : discworld

3. Saab.

Spoiler

Saab-35 Draken Wallpaper Photos Swedish Air Force Delta Fighter Chive :  theCHIVE

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1