Getting to know you December 2020

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/18/2020 at 8:13 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 18:

Since tonight is the "Oops all dragons" update for bones 5, I'm going to ask you some dragon questions. What is the collective noun for a large group of dragons? What do you call someone who raises dragons? what's your favorite kind of dragon?

1. Flight of Dragons.

2. Mom

3. Yes

• Like 8
20 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 19:

Tell me about your favorite mug

As I'm not much of a consumer of beer, I'll stick with tea/coffee mugs.

My favorite mug I own:

20201219_IMG_1410.jpg.6b96cb5fab0007270787021222874f4d.jpg

But I never use it.

My favorite mug I use:

20201219_IMG_1411.jpg.0fdebd419ad22a4677e7518ba9a16e74.jpg

Nice and tall, comfy handle.

Not sure why my phone camera decided they object source lighting coming off my PC should be purple in that picture....the light is very blue.....

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
40 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 19:

I don't have one, unless you count a convenience store 52 oz refillable mug that I'll use for Gatorade when we can actually re-fill those. Current situation in state is no refilling, only new cups.....sigh.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
46 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 19:

I have two. My Yeti is my most used mug. It keeps the coffee piping hot as I sip my way through the day...it is less likely to spill/drip as well.

The other is my dipping & attitude mug, the David Crockett "You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" Mug:

DSCN0209.thumb.JPG.b664ab31bc4f25e1973f0c4356b171db.JPG

Coffee is my drink/drug of choice.

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, malefactus said:

I have two. My Yeti is my most used mug. It keeps the coffee piping hot as I sip my way through the day...it is less likely to spill/drip as well.

The other is my dipping & attitude mug, the David Crockett "You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" Mug:

DSCN0209.thumb.JPG.b664ab31bc4f25e1973f0c4356b171db.JPG

Coffee is my drink/drug of choice.

So Davy will meet them if they go to the worst part of hell?

• Like 7
41 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 19:

18 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

But I never use it.

I also don't use my favorite mugs. Too worried about breaking them. My two contenders for favorite mug are one that I got about ten years ago for Christmas, and one I made/decorated during college. The Christmas mug is a Dresden Files mug that has his Harry Dresden's business ad from the yellow pages (not this exact mug, but all the words are the same):

dfmug.jpg.196bedd089dcbdd5dc139b7c8832127e.jpg

The second mug is a simple mug. A nerdy one. It's plain white and with black adhesive letters says "JUZBOX." Why? Because at the time I was in biophysics we had briefly gone over the 20 amino acids, and each one has a letter of the alphabet assigned to it, which we needed to know. The astute forumite knows that there are 26 letters in the English alphabet. My professor gave us a way to know which six letters were not used: "There is no JUZBOX." I felt my mug deserved a name, and thus JUZBOX was created.

Yep, I was a cool one...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
51 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 19:

I don't really have a favorite, just a mismatched collection of souvenirs and amusing designs, with a few that were office "gifts" from years past. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
59 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 19:

I guess that would be a stainless steel travel mug I got from work many years ago.

For reasons, I had some surplus vinyl tape, so I taped the bottom half of the mug. Years later, it's still my go to work mug. Lid still fits fine; easy to clean; easy to identify because of the tape; solid build. A winner!

Not to be used for painting purposes!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1