Getting to know you December 2020

On 12/19/2020 at 9:43 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 19:

Tell me about your favorite mug

I have two actually. The first one is my work coffee mug my wife bought me. It depends on who I'm stuck in a meeting with on whether or not the statement is true.

20191120_073116.thumb.jpg.73e86841f3cd1255c5f08967415a8d39.jpg

And the other one gets me a 28 ounce beer at a restaurant near my office for the price of a pint... for life. Even if that's happy hour prices. 

1443263980_IMG_20201220_2122029032.thumb.jpg.1fcd3f33662077246a7818a343607d4e.jpg

12 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 20:

You're a mad scientist, what animal do you give weapons to. 

(examples, sharks lasers, penguins with missile launchers etc...)

Every year my work sends teams of our most enthusiastic and unskilled interns out into the streams and lakes to do fish surveys. They accomplish this by using a backpack or boat mounted fish shocking device. It stuns any fish in the area so you can determine their species and get a count of them. It also, rarely, stuns an intern. There's no long term damage bring done to the fish, or interns, but I bet it hurts like all heck when it's happening. Interns have confirmed this is the case. I've often thought it would only be fair to arm the fish with some sort of similarly non lethal weapons to give them a fighting chance against our interns. Maybe something like a tear gas launcher that they can fire into the boats from underwater. Or something that can drill into the bottom of a boat. I feel this would both help our state's fish population and make those interns really earn those college credits. I'm sure the anglers and recreational boaters will be relieved to know that the engineering necessary to get weapons into the fins of fish is something I've yet to overcome. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9
  • Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/19/2020 at 8:43 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 19:

Tell me about your favorite mug

It is a soup mug. I like them (I have more than one) because they hold a full can of soup. I don't have a picture of mine handy. So this one from the internet will have to do:

1102212952_ScreenShot2020-12-21at12_16_42AM.thumb.png.9a0d357b45fa0ae3d0d6191f5fc42743.png

Mine are less fancy than this one. Thanks to Pfalztgraff for having a picture similar to the ones I have. My fanciest one has two colors Bisque ^ like this one and Navy blue.

15 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 20:

Bears.

I believe in The Right To Keep and Arm Bears.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
23 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 20:

Squirrels of course!!!

weapon of choice:

violins!

368_550x550_Front_Color-White.jpg?Size=5

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9
On 12/20/2020 at 9:30 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 20:

My brain is stuck thinking: SPIDERS WITH NUNCHUCKS!

Family friendly alternate plan: PEACOCK SPIDERS WITH RAVE GLOW STICKS! (and pretend they're lightsabers)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
16 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 21:

We're more than half way through december… Which things that have to be done this year have you been putting off to the last minute?

Signing up for < self redacted because politics >    Sending Christmas cards.   This year has been jacked up.  I think I was supposed to get an inspection sticker for my vehicle. Failed at that, so far…

:mellow:

Edited by TGP
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 21:

we're more than half way through december, Which things that have to be done this year have you been putting off to the last minute 

Nothing really comes to mind, I have the most urgent things done. It's true that I could just cast time stop if needed, but considering how this year has gone, I don't really want to be in it longer than I have to be.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 21:

we're more than half way through december, Which things that have to be done this year have you been putting off to the last minute 

Nothing terribly important.

I have ~8 months worth of painted minis to photograph though.....

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 21:

I've done all I needed and maybe half of what I wanted to do.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 21:

Well, work's fiscal year lines up with the calendar year (unfortunately) so self assessments for annual reviews are supposed to be done by the end of the year. Should probably start on that....soon....ish

At home there are many things I'd hoped to have done by the end of the year, but I think everything that HAD to be done got done.

I do want to at least finish up that eWeb and then get a group shot of everything I painted this year, but it had to wait until around now anyway....

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 21:

Present buying. I'm just not in the mood this year. I've gotten everyone like 3 items each. Granted a couple items (4th) are the pay off on phones. I'm just not in the mood this year. I may try & do some later today, we shall see.

Hobby related: I need to slap paint on the Falling Star or whatever it's called from Wizkids. I've had that thing for months (whenever it came out) but it sits in grey primer upstairs.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 21:

I should clean out the junk from my apartment before I move next spring.

Most of the junk is from the previous time I moved over two years ago. And the time before that...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 21:

Tidying up my assembly desk so I can take "assembled" photos of that crashed Aquila Lander...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
On 12/18/2020 at 11:56 AM, ManvsMini said:

UA-hazel-elaborate.jpg.4ec74fee759518f71046e729f942bf98.jpg

Not much to elaborate. I don't get them. Don't think they look cool, never liked 'em in AD&D, don't like any movie about them. I don't care to understand and it's fine that people like them. I find them annoying and tropey.

Things I've put off this year: everything that isn't strictly necessary for the health and survival of my family.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1