Getting to know you December 2020

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 26:

I am told today is "boxing day" so who or what are you going to box? Are you going to win? where do you find a referee for all this boxing?

I would like to box the street salters for not maintaining the roads in my area.  Had to limp to work through slushy slippery snow.  Hopefully it'll be cleared by the time I head home.

Snow and hills make for a terrible combination.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 5
On 12/25/2020 at 7:27 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 25:

did anyone wake you up early this morning?

My house was super hot, so I woke myself up. I found out I was using the cat as a pillow (I was drooling into his side), so that might have something to do with it. I let everyone out for a pee, turned on the fan and opened the window and at 4:00 am and we were good to go back to sleep. 

1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 26:

I am told today is "boxing day" so who or what are you going to box? Are you going to win? where do you find a referee for all this boxing?

This is a UK/Canadian thing. In Canada, it's been our Black Friday since before the Americans ever got whiff of the idea. Apparently, this is our biggest shopping day of the year. We box up our unwanted gifts and return them, super efficiently, the day after Christmas. 

There will be a glorious unboxing of my gluten-free care kit and my new airbrush. Look out Bones minis! I got so many flavours of rice crackers that I wish someone was here to play rice cracker chess with. I was going to put little symbols on the canapes with condiments and make short work of the leftover meat and cheese tray. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 26:

Well, I seem to be punching a lump of dough which will be English Muffins.  I seem to be winning enough that my 81 year old mother stepped in as referee to tell me to stop beating up on the poor thing... (Actually, she’s training me on one of her signature bakes...)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
On 12/24/2020 at 9:28 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 24:

Ho ho ho. Have you ever seen a reindeer in person? If they were unavailable, what other animal should Santa use to drag a sleigh?

Yes, they were smaller than expected. I'd go with anything but cats as a replacement. You'd have to train them to fly. And you just know at least one of them will escape and before long we'd having flying cats everywhere, which I'm fairly certain is a sign of the apocalypse. 

On 12/25/2020 at 9:27 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 25:

did anyone wake you up early this morning?

Nope. We didn't host a big Christmas, or even a little one, this year. So no reason to get out of bed early.

2 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 26:

Well, the cats have been going crazy running around the house trying to kill one another all day today. Every now and again I have to go and separate them. I'm assuming this is the feline equivalent of boxing and I'm the referee in this scenario.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

December 26:

[Browses on Amazon] This week, boxing day will be mostly virtual for everyone.

Due to lockdowns, all non-essential commerce are closed for the next week. Some exceptions being the likes of hardware stores. That could mean unusually large unwelcome crowds.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

December 26:

I am going to box Mother Nature for keeping the temperatures too cold. I had to wear three pairs of gloves to battle the white fingertips this morning (successfully). Mother Nature will probably win because, as state in the Marky Mark remake of The Italian Job, it's one of the three mothers you don't mess with: Mother Nature, mother-in-law, and motherfudging Ukrainians.

As for the ref... probably just grab someone who works at a Footlocker store, they wear those referee shirts.

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

You mean BOXER day!

Brutus Armageddon.jpg

He certainly looks like a boxer, he already has a black eye!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9