Getting to know you December 2020

2 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 26:

I am told today is "boxing day" so who or what are you going to box? Are you going to win? where do you find a referee for all this boxing?

I think I'm going to just relax and stay home.  Oh yeah, I'll still be doing the online shopping thing, parents gave me a gift card to Mark's so, uh, yeah, clothing is good. (it's gonna be socks, but socks that I like, and love. And are comfy). 

I'll get into a vicious skirmish with the airbrush as well, and I suspect after a long battle I'll win by a single shot... Or something. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 26:

I am told today is "boxing day" so who or what are you going to box? Are you going to win? where do you find a referee for all this boxing?

I have been out and procured a box and opened it.  O scale Christmas Toy Shop for "War in Christmas Village"

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

December 26:

We're going to be boxing up trash.  Next week is one of two days a year where instead of paying per bag for extra trash pickup we can put as much as we like out on the curb like some kind of garbage super buffet and they'll take all of it without charge.  It's amazing how crap multiplies when you're not looking. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Forum Mascot

December 26:

I'm going to box @Chaoswolf because he's clearly very much occupied trying to box his own stuff into boxes, and so I know that boxing him while he's boxing things into boxes WILL REALLY ANNOY HIM.  I've got a helmet and some goggles, so I'm reasonably sure I'll survive.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

December 26:

What: My paints: They could do with being boxed better.

Win[?]: A never ending battle is never won... :blink:

Where: Nowhere, this will be an unrefereed match

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

You mean BOXER day!

Brutus Armageddon.jpg

Yay stealth mode Brutus !!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9
33 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

I'm going to box @Chaoswolf because he's clearly very much occupied trying to box his own stuff into boxes, and so I know that boxing him while he's boxing things into boxes WILL REALLY ANNOY HIM.  I've got a helmet and some goggles, so I'm reasonably sure I'll survive.  

And while he will be annoyed he should still be safe.  He is only vulnerable to trees near fire pits.

As for my boxing, I will be unboxing a new computer chair and attempting to assemble it.  then I need to box up some of the piles of minis to make some room to store them and paint them.  We will see how long this all takes.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
5 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 26:

The cats have been in several boxes.  There has also been cat boxing....wife got them a toy fish that moves about (and comes with catnip).  There have been multiple rounds over this prize. So far no need for a referee...a few minutes with the catnip and they calm.....right.....down.......zzzzzz

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

Well, I seem to be punching a lump of dough which will be English Muffins.  I seem to be winning enough that my 81 year old mother stepped in as referee to tell me to stop beating up on the poor thing... (Actually, she’s training me on one of her signature bakes...)

And here is what they looked like; this pair is wrapped in plastic wrap for freezing...

84504B6A-CA52-44BF-99E8-CEC891B3A26F.jpeg.12257fd86f7ca716aa8c31947d2039cc.jpeg

So, in the final analysis,  I must not have punched them too hard....

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
18 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Just so you know, I cheat.

• Haha 8
1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 27:

What was your favorite piece of media that premiered this year?

Music: Delta Rae's The Light

Book: Gideon the Ninth (technically came out last year, but I only read it this year)

TV: Star Trek Discovery season 3

Movie: either Enola Holmes or Old Guard.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1