Getting to know you December 2020

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 27:

What was your favorite piece of media that premiered this year?

Truth be told, while I've watched things that probably came out this year, a lot of it has all been a blur.  That and I've been catching up on a bunch of things.

Only thing I know of for certain that came out this year would be The Mandalorian Season 2.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

December 27:

I barely remember what came out this year that I have actually seen. Didn't watch much TV apart from news, pro-wrestling, and MMA. I got two new books this year, Dresden Files books Peace Talks and Battle Ground, so those win by default; I didn't truly enjoy them as much as I'd hoped.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
On 12/26/2020 at 7:32 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 26:

I am told today is "boxing day" so who or what are you going to box? Are you going to win? where do you find a referee for all this boxing?

Well, I decided to be hecking lazy yesterday and spent the entire day playing destiny 2. I was playing titan for a while, so the aliens lost when I punched them in the face.

3 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 27:

Okay, I don’t think it premiered this year, but we discovered it this year: The Masked Singer. It’s stupid, it’s over-done, Nick’s clothes are exactly what I want men to wear all the time, and Ken is hilarious. Plus, you get celebrities dressing up in silly costumes. Sephy loves the music.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

December 27:

Books: Sanderson put out a new one, so that, even though I'm not that far into it yet....Rhythm of War

Movies: Ummm, were there any?  In theatre Tenet might win by default...oh, I saw Bird of Prey as well I guess....toss up. At home probably The Old Guard. Think we are watching WW84 tonight, so it might take a place....
Music: Do they still make it?  Most of what I listen to is a a decade or 4 old.....

TV series: Mando Season 2, with season 5 of The Expanse a close runner-up.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

December 27:

Agency by William Gibson was really enjoyable. I've also been impressed with Season 5 of The Expanse so far. The Great British Bake Off deserves a mention as well for producing a new season while in lockdown and more or less surprising everyone with it. That was pretty fun. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 27:

I'm not sure, I always tend to be rather behind on these things, so I don't know if I've watched anything that came out this year yet.

Plus, I do watch enough stuff that it kinda all blurs together anyways. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 27:

I can't say A favorite, but stuff I've liked:

Powerwolf (not a new band, but I discovered them in 2020), The Hu Band, AEW (feels good watching pro 'rasslin again!!)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Movies: Ummm, were there any?  In theatre Tenet might win by default...oh, I saw Bird of Prey as well I guess....toss up. At home probably The Old Guard. Think we are watching WW84 tonight, so it might take a place....

WW84 was eh, so The Old Guard still takes it....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

December 26  Boxing day 

I will take on all comers, in my dreams.  I always win dream fights,  its great! 

- except for the one when I put an ogre in a headlock, and slammed my fist into his head so hard I woke myself up with a bruise on my bicep

- that one im calling a draw. 

December 27

Favorite Media was Hamilton the Musical (on Disney) 

I have watched it at least 3 times,  My spawn say they have watched it 4-6 times. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
On 12/24/2020 at 2:28 PM, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 24:

Ho ho ho. Have you ever seen a reindeer in person? If they were unavailable, what other animal should Santa use to drag a sleigh?

Yup, there are a herd of reindeer in the Cairngorms that you can trek up to see and feed. They're lovely :wub:

1381805445_OIP(91).jpeg.eb54f5e7f34b3e6261338ddc0a2af435.jpeg

On 12/25/2020 at 2:27 PM, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 25:

did anyone wake you up early this morning?

On 12/25/2020 at 2:38 PM, Chaoswolf said:

Do cats demanding breakfast count?

Otherwise, no.

@Chaoswolf said it best, the feline alarm clock does not take human holidays into consideration <_<

On 12/26/2020 at 2:32 PM, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 26:

I am told today is "boxing day" so who or what are you going to box? Are you going to win? where do you find a referee for all this boxing?

Every day is boxing day in this house....

1502521800_DSCN9676.thumb.JPG.ce24d146c474895571bcea0f23b72468(3).jpeg.88bae0574232d0290896e6c3723f7c53.jpeg

DSCN9971.thumb.JPG.67838eb34cd43e26da04f71e18639360.jpeg.8cf9402495952ed7cffd01c2754b8d64.jpeg

10 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 27:

Ze Frank started doing videos on YouTube again :winkthumbs: I absolutely love his irreverent, slightly nsfw observations on nature 

Skeleton shrimps

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dVPqWh39HJ0

Hummingbirds

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Biagyb7AcK8

Creativity test

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FJXcREFKNQg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

December 28:

How did you spend new years last year? What are your plans for this year, if any?

Last year, I spent the week at my mother's new apartment at the retirement home. Helping her unpack and settle in. My mother paid the hotel stay for my brother and sister's family. The kids would go to the nearby ski resort while the non-skiers would stay indoors and keep watch.

For New Year's Day, we had an extended family gathering brunch at the hotel restaurant. Or at least, that was the original plan. My aunt that made the reservations accidentally cancelled the dozen tables we reserved when she only needed to cancel for 4 people (her own kids couldn't make it). Trying to get our reservations back on New Year's Eve was complicated. We did manage some tables at a later hour, with a shorter window frame. Afterwards, the party somehow got moved to my mother's apartment. I recall over 30 people showed up at different times. We managed, but it was tiring.

This year: Zoom meeting on New Year's Day. Hopefully more people will be able to show up and talk. We did the same on Christmas Day, but many relatives only had time to pop in, quick wave and hello, and move on to other plans (family dinners, guests, etc.).

With the pandemic, it's simply impossible for us to have our regular family gatherings with ~50+  people.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 28:

How did you spend new years last year? What are your plans for this year, if any?

Last Year my partner and I gathered with some friends for a night of eating, drinking, and merriment. 

This Year will likely be the same minus the gathering. Hopefully with an earlier bed time. My younger brother has a New-Year's birthday so I'm always tired while celebrating. 

Got some champagne already. Maybe the fiance and I will find a movie. A low-key party of two. 

• Like 8